“Stayed with grandchildren”

Ranked #62 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
kentucky
“Stayed with grandchildren”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2008

Just returned from Nashville with our two granddaughters where we took them to see the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Show and the Grinch Ice Show at Opryland. Stayed at the Fairfield Inn Opryland where they are doing a complete renovation on all the rooms. Our room had been renovated and was clean and nice plus the hotel serves a continential breakfast. Hotel had a lovely indoor pool but forgot bathing suits. Booked through their web site and the room charge was $119.00. Hotel near several restaurants and very convenient to the Opryland Hotel and outlet mall.

• Liked — new renovated room and location
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank b1941

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Louisville, KY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2008

NIce property not far from the Opryland Hotel where I was attending a conference. Through Expedia I booked a rate of $75 per night which included free parking, free internet and free continental breakfast. This compared to a rate at the Opryland Hotel of $189 plus a $15 resort fee per day for internet, parking fee of $16 per day with no in and out priveleges, and no breakfast provided.

The hotel was clean, beds were quite comfortable, internet service worked like a charm.

The problems which management coould not handle were as follows. The hotel advertises a shuttle to the convention center. This used to be free but now has a$10 fee attached. Unfortunately, my conference started at 7 AM and the shuttle only goes to the hotel on the half hour starting at 7:30 am so I was told by staff that I "would have to walk". While I was walking, the hotel's shuttle passed me and the driver waived. He was headed by the convention center on his way to the airport, but no one seemed able to figure out he could have just dropped me off on his way. (That is not good customer service that I would expect from a Marriott property!) The transportation disaster got worse later in the day when I called to get a pick up for return to the hotel. The front desk attendent was "busy" so twice I called and she forgot to radio the bus driver. The third time I called she finally did notify the driver to pick me up but when I asked to speak to the manager she said that the manager had "stepped out" and could not take my call. When I finally got back to the hotel, I asked to speak to the manager face to face, and was told she was too busy. A couple hours later, the evening manager called to say they had decided to comp my shuttle service. When I tried to explain my concerns to him it was clear he really didn't want to listen.

The ice machine on my floor was broken and never repaired during my stay. The continental breakfast was meager but adequate. Exercise room had very little equipment. Pool was nice sized and indoor. Overall not a bad deal for the price I paid!

• Liked — coinvenient location and value
  • Disliked — management unresponsiveness
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank willhh
South Central PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2008

Super Friendly Staff, nice indoor pool, clean rooms, free light breakfast, great location, operator's pride in maintaining the place really shows. Not fancy but can't beat it for the money.

• Liked — Friendly Staff, Clean, Pool
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2008

This hotel was very nice and clean, the staff there was very nice and helpful. I would reccomend this hotel for sure. We even decided to leave a night early because we had seen everyhting and were ready to get home, so I called hotels.com where I had booked it and they said that I could not cancle it because I did not do it 24 hours in advance. We decided we would just forfit the money for the night and still leave anyway, so I went down to the lobby to check out and the guy there was very nice and helpful he told me to call hotels.com and tell them to call him at the hotel and that he would approve my night to be cancelled so I did and they did end up canceling the night so that I did not have to pay for it, which he did not have to do that. They could of still made me pay for the night. So with that being said GREAT place !! Will for sure stay there again.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2007

Went to N'Ville for the thanksgiving holiday weekend to do some shopping,sight seeing and spend time with family.This hotel had a very friendly and helpful staff.Check in was quick.The rooms we had seemed a little dated but were reasonable clean(bathroom could have used a little bleach around the grab bar) and the bed was very comfortable.Cont'l breakfast was adequate and very crowded while we were there.Marriott needs to invest in a second microwave and the lines would move more quickly.Overall it's not a bad place to stay it's close proximity to Opry Mills and the Opryland hotel and places to eat.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — slow breakfast bar
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
Fairdealing, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2007

Everything was pretty great at the Fairfield Inn - Nashville - except for THE KNOCK! Our last night there, around 3:30 in the morning someone knocked twice on our door and then slid our bill and a survey under the door! I felt this was quite unnecessary! Our party included two women and a small child. We were traveling in a very unfamiliar area and definitely could have done without this knock in the middle of the night which scared us to death!! The only other drawback was the price. We spent $104 a night for what I seen as an average hotel room. There were no extras to speak of unless you count the indoor pool which was very nice. The air conditioner also was horribly loud when the compressor would kick on! The beds/pillows were exceptional!!

• Liked — It was convenient to the events we attended.
  • Disliked — Having our door knocked on at 3:30 in the morning!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank prospectnewsgirl
Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2007

I stayed at this hotel May 19 -23. I attended a conference and didn't want to pay the steep Opryland rates. The hotel was close to the Opryland Hotel and all area ammenities. Downtown was a fairly quick trip via the highway.

The hotel was nice, nothing special. The rooms were a bit dated w/ furniture that looked like it came from the 70's (newer TV though). The beds were very comfortable though and that was important. I hotel was busy during this time and I never heard a peep from our neighbors. Free continental breakfast which saved time and money. While I didn't go to the pool (indoor), it was big and looked nice.

Just be careful where you store your belongings. My friend stored his laptop near my bed the first night. When I got back to the room late that night, my bed wasn't made. There was a note from the maid staff saying they could not make the bed due to personal belongings near it. While it was great they didn't want to touch the computer, they still could have left me some sheets to make my own bed. They didn't and after midnight, I had to go downstairs and ask the front desk person to get me some bedding.

Besides this minor inconvenience, it was a nice stay. We just needed a bed for the nights we were there and this hotel suited our needs. I would not bring my family here though, I'd need something a little nicer. I have to say though....Southern hospitality was top notch. Everyone was very friendly.

• Liked — Free Wi-Fi, closeness to Opryland Hotel and Grand Ole Opry
  • Disliked — Needs room refurbishment, currently outdated
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business