“You get what you pay for”

Crossland Economy Studios - Nashville - Airport - Briley Pkwy.
Ranked #139 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night after making a cheap booking on Hotwire to grab a quick shower and nap before an early morning flight.

Arrived at 1:30 AM and was helped promptly by the late night clerk, who informed me that since he had no access to the computer system, he (worryingly) could not assure me that my room was clean -- or even vacant. Luckily, it was, but unclear why he wasn't able to check.

As mentioned by previous reviewers, the property does seem to have a bug problem; we had to kill a half dozen or so before turning in. Bed is a double, no noticeable stains on the comforter or dirty linens, but felt uneasy given the number of bugs. No shampoo provided in the bathroom, so make sure to bring some.

Overall, property seemed to be targeting local "residents" more than travellers, and it shows. Would avoid next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank linglingfool

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Words cannot describe how bad this experience was in Nashville. Absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!! The prices were gouging. It is like an apartment complex in a very dangerous are of town. Close in, but very dirty, service was bad, the carpet was the nastiest burnt up, filthy, the linens were soiled, they told me I had no other room to choose from. The town was full and I had no other choice within thirty miles or so.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cynthia C
El Paso, Texas, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My husband and I had booked on hotels.com for this past Friday May 3rd. We went to see a concert at Bridgestone before checking in and we called prior and told the desk clerk we didn't know what time we would be checking in. He told my husband it didn't matter and someone would be there to give us our already paid for room. So we arrive around 1 am and the office was closed but there was a sign on the door explaining to use the service phone and someone would be able to help us check in. He used the service phone for about 10 minutes because the other end was arguing with him and refusing to come down. It's raining. We're tired. We had a flight at 7. We were miserable with the lack of service. The lady on the other end finally came down and then told us all the rooms are booked and she can't help us. She was the laundry lady and the only person there. She was rude and acted stupid and pretended she didn't speak English. That was complete crap because she had told us about the room situation. My husband finally had it with her and called the police and the people we booked from. The person on the phone told her to go open the room we paid for and she finally did. Not sure what was so ****ing hard. Whatever. We got our room. My comforter had a cigarette burns all over it and the TV remote didn't work. The sheets had pen marks on them and here comes the best part... When we woke up we were greeted by several cockroaches crawling on the wall. Never again and I think all the reviews on here that are positive are all staged. This place was horrible. Thanks but no thanks.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Staci W
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Title of my review says it all! Awful in Nashville! The front clerk was rude and in a big hurry to get off his shift. The room looked like a college dorm room, only less decorated, and the carpet was unacceptable. Really dirty!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Wickedpetehite
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This was my second stay. Although I didn't have high expectations, this one disappointed.

It is a typical extended stay motel. Very basic with a collection of odd characters lingering about.

Upon checkin I was given a lecture on politeness by the desk clerk. As I always do, I put my license and ccard on the counter upon arrival in anticipation of them being requested. The clerk (yes that's you Terrence) then asked for my license and help his hand out-I guess he wanted me to place it in his hand. He then finished up the checkin and says " I have to say this-it is so rude to put your cards on the counter like that. We really hate that ( we who? The clerk union?).".

Thanks for the life lesson Terrence. Thought I was the guest.

On to the room- very smokey smell. Tons of burn marks on the carpet. Rip on the box spring. Just kind of nasty.

I won't be back. Sorry Terrence.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Poskashflo
Allen M, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Nashville - Airport - Briley Pkwy., responded to this review, 27 March 2013
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Nashville - Airport - Briley Pkwy.. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I housed a couple employee's related to business at this location. The manangement was professional and friendly and the rooms were clean and well kept. Both of my employee's were very pleased with thier stays and would recommend this facility for extended stays. Regardless of the location, which is in South Nashville, this facility maintained a high level of cleanliness and security as far as my employee's were concerned. I would recommend them and will use them again for corporate stays.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Nashville - Airport - Briley Pkwy.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My stay at Crossland Economy Studios has been a very good experience. All of the personnel have been very accomodating and helpful. Any time I had an issue regarding anything, they were more than willing to help and did so with a very cheerful attitude. Since my stay has been an extended one, it is nice to know that any time I need anything they are there to help. It has been a pleasure to stay there and would highly recommend Crossland Economy Studios to anyone seeking a nice, clean and hospitable place to stay. In addition to the pleasant experience of staying at Crossland Economy Studio, I have a sense of security as well.
My overall experience of staying at Crossland Economy Studio has been excellent and would definitely stay there again in the future were the need arise.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Nashville - Airport - Briley Pkwy.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.