“Don't stay at Crossland Nashville!!!!!!!!!!”

Crossland Economy Studios - Nashville - Airport - Briley Pkwy.
Ranked #134 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Kentucky
“Don't stay at Crossland Nashville!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2006

Upon arrival in the office, we heard another customer complaining that there was an animal in his room, possibly a rat. We didn't like that both of our (my husband and I) id's were needed to check in. Identity theft is at an all time high. We didn't like that the hotel had both our credit card and id numbers. Even with all of this, we went ahead and checked in...we were tired and had an early flight. We were not able to park close to our room. We had to park in the back of a side parking lot. The walk to our room was not very well lit. Upon opening the door to our room, we were both hit with the smell of smoke. I went to the restroom in the room. It looked as if someone had either urinated or thrown up on the wall. My husband picked up the phone at 10:30 pm to call the front office. He was going to request a wake up call. He was told that the office had closed at 11:00 (????) and that feature was not available. At 3:30 am we were awakened by someone beating on our door. With no one in the office, we had no one to call for security. After we would not open the door and my husband telling him that he had the wrong room, he finally left...he was very persistant though. Very scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When we got up to leave for our flight, we went to the office to turn in our keys...no one was on the property. Thank God we had a five star hotel with excellent customer service waiting on us in Las Vegas. Once we got to Vegas, I had to buy some new clothes because mine reaked of smoke from the room we had stayed in at Crossland Nashville. This was definatly the worst hotel experience I have ever had!

• Liked — location...close to airport
  • Disliked — cleanliness and smell of room....lack of security
  • Tips/Secrets — pay a little extra and go elsewhere
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank dtshort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
greensboro, north carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2006

This place is back off the main road so it's secluded and quiet. It was very clean and easily accessible from Briley Parkway on Murfreesboro Pike. My only mistake was staying the weekend of UT homecoming! It was very loud all night! Because this is a place where all the rooms are entered from the outside, it can be very loud every time someone elses door shuts. Otherwise, I would definately stay here again. Front desk attendant was very nice and accomodating.

• Liked — It has kitchens.
  • Disliked — It was too noisy. Other doors shutting in rooms were very loud all night.
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you don't go when a college homecoming is happening!
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank musicfan1
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2005

I stayed in this hotel while working out of town on business. Like the other poster I was worried about the price being so low. I thought this place was awesome. The staff was extremely friendly and while the room was not huge it met my needs. It sits away from the road so you do not hear the traffic and the whole property is very quiet. I would recommend this place to anyone and will definatly stay here in the future.

• Stayed September 2005, travelled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2005

When I first booked my room at the Crosslands Hotel, I worried that the cost was so low because there would be something very unsatisfactory. To the contrary, I found the Crossland Hotel to be clean comfortable and quiet. The Hotel is a 3 story building. All rooms are accesed by a common balcony running the length of the building. The grounds were well maintained and well lit. They save you money by not cleaning your room everyday. You won't find all those little perks, like free little travel bottles of shampoo and lotion, no hairdryer. The room was small and with a kitchenette which included a microwave, a 2 burner range, a sink, fridge, a coffee-maker, and cabnets filled w/ pots, pans and dishes etc. The bathroom was clean, the shower stall was roomy not puny and the water pressure and shower head were awesome.

The other thing I really appreciated about this hotel is that they didn't over-use the chemicals when cleaning the room. Many other hotels I've stayed at overwhelmed me with the smell of candy sweet cleaners and rugs damp with the chemicals. Yuck!. I felt this hotel found the right balance of saving their guests money without compromising cleanliness and good service.

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business