We stayed at this property for two nights, and, overall, are very disappointed. This property does not meet the standard of most Courtyard by Marriott facilities. On the positive side, the rooms have recently been remodeled. And, the front office staff touts the complementary shuttle service.
Unfortunately, the rooms still have many issues. The toilet did not flush properly, the shower ran out of hot water even before I washed my hair, the vanities are super tiny and it is hard to fit basic grooming accessories on the surface. And, of our two rooms, one had a nice big sliding glass door and small balcony and one had a tiny window and no balcony (making for a very dark room). The beds are very, very, very small (we had two rooms with two double beds) and very cot like.
The shuttle is not reliable. Some of us waited over an hour to be picked up and ended up taking a cab. It is very nice that they offer a shuttle. However, it's like a bait and switch routine. They over promise and under deliver. Bottom line, don't count on the shuttle if your really need to get anywhere on a schedule.
In terms of the staff, it's hot and cold. Some were nice, some were very aloof and rude. In particular, the check-in personnel at the front desk were rather unfriendly. During the course of our visit, they warmed up and became more welcoming and friendly.
We all agreed that we would never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the vibrant Midtown neighborhood, you are in easy reach of some of the area's best entertainment venues when you stay at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End. Our Nashville, Tennessee hotel also puts you close to Vanderbilt University, the Ryman Auditorium, and Bridgestone Arena. We are less than 1 mile from the Music City Center, Historic 2nd Avenue, Country Music Hall of Fame, Nissan Stadium, Nashville Convention Center and Centennial Sportsplex with complimentary shuttle service to most local venues. Being in the center of Music City USA, you can listen to live music from your guest room balcony here too. Our Vanderbilt hotel's location is perfect for those who want to walk to many fine Nashville restaurants and entertainment venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End Hotel Nashville
- Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt
- Nashville Courtyard
- Nashville Marriott