“A TRUE WOW Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
“A TRUE WOW Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

As a road warrior, I have stayed at many a hotel. As Platinum Elite member, I am used to some special perks. As a Disney Vacation Club member, I experience excellent customer service regularly. But Gary at the Courtyard truly WOWed me. I mentioned casually one evening that my night would be perfect if I could have some fudge to enjoy with my glass of red wine. The next day when I returned to the hotel, Gary told me he had a surprise for me. He presented me with a box of fudge Can you imagine how wowed I was. Totally exceeded guest expectations (and frankly it takes a bit to get me to write a reivew. I was totally blown away. He remembered what I said, he went above and beyond to treat me to a surprise and THE FUDGE WAS UNBELIEVABLY delicious. Thank you for the WOW.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I got a great Priceline deal on this hotel. We stayed three nights at this convenient location. The room was clean and comfortable. It had a sink separate from the tub/shower and toilet. The décor was fresh and updated. The bed and pillows were wonderful. The King room had a small sofa which was a plus to watch TV. Had a fridge. Lobby had a casual bistro. I echo the comments about scraping the bottom of the vehicle on the way out of the garage. Too steep incline. The staff was very cheery and helpful in a genuine way. Thin walls...heard the neighbors coming in at 3:30am...Nashville last call at 3pm perhaps. Staff said don't hesitate to let security know.

Radford, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

We just stayed here for 4 nights. We asked assistance of the staff no less than 6 times and each time the service was just fabulous. The hotel has recently been remodeled and the room was very nice. Our only negatives were the blanket on the bed was too thin (but they did provide an extra one in a drawer) and then one night we had a problem with the shuttle van, but once we got back to the hotel they reimbursed our cab fare and bought us all drinks. We'll be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We made a spontaneous trip to Nashville (stayed on a Saturday night).
Pros:
1. All of the staff we were in contact with including the hotel front desk, shuttle driver, valet driver, and restaurant workers were extremely nice!
2. Very close to Vandy, restaurants, bars
3. Rooms were good size for family of 4.
4. Free Wireless in rooms
Cons:
1. We stayed in Tower 2 on 6th floor (across from ice machine but we couldn't hear it thank God) and it had a strong musty odor.
2. Cost of Room was high in my opinion
3. Glass of Red Wine was $12
4. Shuttle service was SLOW. When we called it to get down to 2nd street they said it would be 10 min...ended up being closer to 25 minute wait. Then when we called to have it come pick us up they said it would be 5-10 minutes and it was 40 minutes.

We will return to this hotel because of the friendly service & location but I'll bring a candle and my own bottle of wine next time.

Room Tip: We stayed in Tower 2. They said it was a courtyard view but it was a parking lot/business...maybe I...
1 Thank luv2goontrips
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Standard Courtyard- Which is still nice quality. The location was right by music row with some nice trendy restaurants around. I loved running across the street to get Checker's fries late at night. A short drive into downtown, near the Gulch. If you like burgers, there a a place right behind the hotel called "The Row" that has good burgers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Courtyard Marriott Vanderbilt is a great place to stay and be located just few minutes aways from the "Music Mile" and all the Honky-tonk bars in Nashville. I stayed with my family for one night when passing through Tennessee, and I can easily say that Nashville is a hidden gem of US mid-west. A must visit city in order to experience true american hospitality, music, cuisine and culture. The Hotel is located near beautiful Vanderbilt University and The Centennial Park (with live size replica of Parthenon) on West End Ave. Hotel offers free shuttle service to the city and back- the drop off/pick up place is Broadway and 5th Ave, and the last shuttle service at 10:45pm. Even if you miss the shuttle or want to stay longer in one of the famous honky-tonk bars, cab fare should not exceed $10 to the hotel. The shuttle drops you off in front of the Legends and Tootsie's Orchid Lounges on Broadway, two must-visit places/bars while in Nashville. All ages are welcome till 7pm and we stayed in Tootsie's for few hours with our 11-year old, listening to some great country performers. Even if you are not a country music fan, you will still have a blast. Broadway Ave and surrounding streets offer pretty much the same thing: restaurants, cowboy boots shops, few memorabilia places, and some great country music bars. Just few blocks down is the Crazy Horse Saloon with all night live music and line dancing lessons (all ages welcome all the time - great for families - $6.00 cover charge 12 years and up).
Hotel offers on-site parking for a fee ($16 for self and $22 for valet). The parking is located in the tower 2 and its an easy access to the rooms via elevator. Key card is need the access the parking lot, and the tower with rooms.

Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

A very quaint place to stay. Staff is quite helpful. Great shuttle service. The best part is that it has its own little bistro. Its also surrounded by a ton of great places to eat. One drawback is the pay for parking.

• Stayed December 2013