“Pleasantly surprised super staff”

Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End
Ranked #46 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Pleasantly surprised super staff”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at another Marriott but my agent booked me here. Valets were super friendly. The staff at the front desk was very welcoming and my room was in Tower One. It was an older style room with the sink outside the bathroom. There was balcony but it is small. The TV was large with lots of channels. Linens were OK. But I wasn't going to be in my room a lot so no big deal. Rate was very good. THE STAFF IS OUTSTANDING. Seth was so very helpful when I was unsure if I was staying another night because of weather. He helped out by keeping my room and I'd I didn't need it no problem even if it was a late checkout. He also made a great restaurant suggestion and gave me a coupon. The lady bartenders were sweet and very knowledgable of the area. Sandy helped me book a very reasonable pedicure and both shuttle drivers were helpful and responsive. I believe I was Greg at the desk who also checked on me for the status of my cancelled and again cancelled. I appreciated everyone concern. Also another shout out to the valets, I was in and out 3 times a day!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 February 2014

First of all, the front desk staff was just amazing. They were extremely nice and very informative when asked about local destinations to go to, even recommending using their complimentary shuttle service. The hotel lobby was very beautiful and modern, as well as the rooms. The beds were so comfortable, I passed out right away every time I laid down. I had the joy of having La Toya as being charge of my rooms housekeeping, and she went above and beyond, from little notes, to cleaning up the smallest things in my room. I remember one day in particular, I had left a mess of clothes on my bed as I was in a hurry, and when I returned not only was my bed made, but my clothes were folded/laid out neatly on top. This location was also in a great location, which was a huge plus. I would highly recommend this place to others, and hope to stay here during my future trips to Nashville.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cmguido987
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed at this property one night while on business in the Nashville Area. This is a relatively new property that was nicely done. The room I had was spacious, well appointed and had a comfortable work desk and a chair that actually adjusted when you pulled up on the lever. The TV was a flat screen with a nice digital picture and plenty of light from the desk lamp.
Everything worked well in the room, but two items to mention. There could be a few more electrical outlets, and there are none available on the lamp on the night stand. My room faced the main street, and the noise from traffic and the ever-present trash truck at 430 am was noticeable.

The food service was excellent but I am not thrilled with the Courtyard standing menu in all their restaurants.

Overall a positive experience, and I would stay here again.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 January 2014

As a road warrior, I have stayed at many a hotel. As Platinum Elite member, I am used to some special perks. As a Disney Vacation Club member, I experience excellent customer service regularly. But Gary at the Courtyard truly WOWed me. I mentioned casually one evening that my night would be perfect if I could have some fudge to enjoy with my glass of red wine. The next day when I returned to the hotel, Gary told me he had a surprise for me. He presented me with a box of fudge Can you imagine how wowed I was. Totally exceeded guest expectations (and frankly it takes a bit to get me to write a reivew. I was totally blown away. He remembered what I said, he went above and beyond to treat me to a surprise and THE FUDGE WAS UNBELIEVABLY delicious. Thank you for the WOW.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I got a great Priceline deal on this hotel. We stayed three nights at this convenient location. The room was clean and comfortable. It had a sink separate from the tub/shower and toilet. The décor was fresh and updated. The bed and pillows were wonderful. The King room had a small sofa which was a plus to watch TV. Had a fridge. Lobby had a casual bistro. I echo the comments about scraping the bottom of the vehicle on the way out of the garage. Too steep incline. The staff was very cheery and helpful in a genuine way. Thin walls...heard the neighbors coming in at 3:30am...Nashville last call at 3pm perhaps. Staff said don't hesitate to let security know.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Radford, Virginia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We just stayed here for 4 nights. We asked assistance of the staff no less than 6 times and each time the service was just fabulous. The hotel has recently been remodeled and the room was very nice. Our only negatives were the blanket on the bed was too thin (but they did provide an extra one in a drawer) and then one night we had a problem with the shuttle van, but once we got back to the hotel they reimbursed our cab fare and bought us all drinks. We'll be back!

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We made a spontaneous trip to Nashville (stayed on a Saturday night).
Pros:
1. All of the staff we were in contact with including the hotel front desk, shuttle driver, valet driver, and restaurant workers were extremely nice!
2. Very close to Vandy, restaurants, bars
3. Rooms were good size for family of 4.
4. Free Wireless in rooms
Cons:
1. We stayed in Tower 2 on 6th floor (across from ice machine but we couldn't hear it thank God) and it had a strong musty odor.
2. Cost of Room was high in my opinion
3. Glass of Red Wine was $12
4. Shuttle service was SLOW. When we called it to get down to 2nd street they said it would be 10 min...ended up being closer to 25 minute wait. Then when we called to have it come pick us up they said it would be 5-10 minutes and it was 40 minutes.

We will return to this hotel because of the friendly service & location but I'll bring a candle and my own bottle of wine next time.

Room Tip: We stayed in Tower 2. They said it was a courtyard view but it was a parking lot/business...maybe I...