“if you love this hotel, you had a better rm than I...”

Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End
Ranked #43 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Georgia
“if you love this hotel, you had a better rm than I...”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

so, here is the deal. Upside: The staff if great, super helpful. Front desk & valet people were great. Parking is awful so just suck it up and do valet for $22. The location is convenient to everything & they have a shuttle bus for 3 mile radius. There is a little bistro for quick food, there is a cute little gym. Pretty clean.
Downside: NOWHERE on the hotel homepage does it mention the construction across the street that starts jackhammering at 6 am, even on a Saturday. If you are on the 2nd floor, on the frontside of the building, it is like sleeping on a bench next to the street/valet. Loud & noisy. If i stay here again I will beg for a higher up rm on the far back side of the hotel bc it was not cool. Take the shuttle bus to your destination but it will be somewhat unreliable for a specific pickup bc there are lots of people using, just get a taxi back. It's about $7 for taxi from downtown back to hotel.

Room Tip: Up! Go away from the street!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ttimeatharrods
Zsuzsa N, General Manager at Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End.

We appreciate your kind words about our staff providing you with great service.

However please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced with the noise level of the surrounding area of the hotel. Music town can certainly get a little noisy even on an ordinary weekday. We welcome special request such as high level and quiet room, please do not hesitate asking on your next visit and happy to accommodate your request.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We are looking forward seeing you on your next trip to Nashville.

Zsuzsa Nagy
Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt West End

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were extremely impressed with this property and they are the best Marriott staff that we have ever encountered. As reward members we have met many of Front Desk Staff and Managers but the West End Marriott Courtyard are simply the best ! It was my birthday and upon arrival we found a Birthday card signed by the entire staff with a bottle of wine. From the moment we arrived it became clear that this hotel and staff are amoung the best in the industry. Thank You Courtyard West End Marriott Staff for making my Birthday and stay the best ever and you are a world class property and staff. Jerry

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jerrysreview
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Hey ! I covered it all in the Title line. The people working here are terrific, helpful, friendly. The physical location is excellent if (you don't mind all the construction in the area and the college kids partying in the neighborhood every night until the wee hours of the morning, and the valet parking wait - it's a terribly crowded part of town and valet parking is your only option.)

Good restaurants within walking distance, is the main plus, IMO.

Room Tip: Ask for a high, floor, it <might> be quieter..
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 57Horses
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very good location near Vanderbilt University
Our room was a bit dated even though the property was recently renovated. Lighting and space
near sink very poor. No magnifying mirror.
Good front desk staff//best part of the hotel.
Parking garage somewhat limited in space.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Last but NOT LEAST our room was not made up during our 2 night stay and other guests had the same situation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.
Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at another Marriott but my agent booked me here. Valets were super friendly. The staff at the front desk was very welcoming and my room was in Tower One. It was an older style room with the sink outside the bathroom. There was balcony but it is small. The TV was large with lots of channels. Linens were OK. But I wasn't going to be in my room a lot so no big deal. Rate was very good. THE STAFF IS OUTSTANDING. Seth was so very helpful when I was unsure if I was staying another night because of weather. He helped out by keeping my room and I'd I didn't need it no problem even if it was a late checkout. He also made a great restaurant suggestion and gave me a coupon. The lady bartenders were sweet and very knowledgable of the area. Sandy helped me book a very reasonable pedicure and both shuttle drivers were helpful and responsive. I believe I was Greg at the desk who also checked on me for the status of my cancelled and again cancelled. I appreciated everyone concern. Also another shout out to the valets, I was in and out 3 times a day!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 11 February 2014

First of all, the front desk staff was just amazing. They were extremely nice and very informative when asked about local destinations to go to, even recommending using their complimentary shuttle service. The hotel lobby was very beautiful and modern, as well as the rooms. The beds were so comfortable, I passed out right away every time I laid down. I had the joy of having La Toya as being charge of my rooms housekeeping, and she went above and beyond, from little notes, to cleaning up the smallest things in my room. I remember one day in particular, I had left a mess of clothes on my bed as I was in a hurry, and when I returned not only was my bed made, but my clothes were folded/laid out neatly on top. This location was also in a great location, which was a huge plus. I would highly recommend this place to others, and hope to stay here during my future trips to Nashville.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cmguido987
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed at this property one night while on business in the Nashville Area. This is a relatively new property that was nicely done. The room I had was spacious, well appointed and had a comfortable work desk and a chair that actually adjusted when you pulled up on the lever. The TV was a flat screen with a nice digital picture and plenty of light from the desk lamp.
Everything worked well in the room, but two items to mention. There could be a few more electrical outlets, and there are none available on the lamp on the night stand. My room faced the main street, and the noise from traffic and the ever-present trash truck at 430 am was noticeable.

The food service was excellent but I am not thrilled with the Courtyard standing menu in all their restaurants.

Overall a positive experience, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business