Ways to Experience Grand Ole Opry
from US$78.75
from US$21.95
from US$22.00
11,115 results
All reviews backstage tour live radio country music rascal flatts carrie underwood great seats tuesday night bucket list behind the scenes bought tickets great entertainment ryman auditorium visit nashville acts artists dressing commercials
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

The Grand Ole Opry is not on Broadway, so you will need to Uber or have a rental car. It is near the mall and the Gaylord Opryland hotel... so plan to do on the same day! It starts with a quick movie with Blake Sheldon narrating and then your guide will take you backstage. It was cool to see all the dressing rooms and how they were divided. We felt like we were rushed through this part of the tour. We stood on the stage and we took a few pictures! It was definitely worth the trip, just wish we weren’t rushed through!

1  Thank Tiger1786
Reviewed 2 days ago

I suppose if you are a country music lover, this would be great. Even though I prefer other types of music, I do like the new country rock and there were some performances that I enjoyed. Little Big Town was great, but we only got a few minutes of them, unfortunately.

Without a car, getting around is hard. Restaurants are a 15 minute walk away at the hotel. There is nothing at the Grand Ole Opry except a snack truck.

Our biggest problem was the lack of Transportation back to downtown Nashville. When we got out of the performance at midnight, hundreds of people were requesting Uber and Lyft transportation back to downtown Nashville. There was such a traffic jam, and even if you did get a response from a driver it was difficult for them to get to you. My husband and I walked in the dark back to the hotel and tried to get a car there. It was a long, late night.

1  Thank indymama1
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

If you happen to be in Nashville for business or pleasure I highly recommend checking the performances scheduled during your trip. The Grand Ole Opry is a wonderfully intimate venue and every seat is a good seat. I was fortunate to be here for a conference and was a guest at an exclusive concert featuring Darius Rucker. Will never forget this amazing experience.

1  Thank SRQPam
Reviewed 4 days ago

Even for a moderate fan of country music like myself, the Grand Ole Opry show at the Ryman Auditorium was an incredible and hugely memorable experience.

The announcer oversaw the evening's festivities with a voice of gold and a Brent Musberger-like presence.

My friends and I were delighted by the wonderful blend of country music legends blessing the stage, including 86 year old stalwart Bobby Osborne, who brought down the house with his classic Tennessee anthem "Rocky Top." Joining Osborne was an array of young talent including Scotty McCreery from American Idol, who is a future star, and Ellie Holcomb, who is a big name in Christian music circles.

At $60 per person for ninth row seats in the orchestra, this was a tremendous value and the Opry was the defining experience of our long weekend in Nashville. This is an absolute must do.

1  Thank NYTravelerBD
Reviewed 5 days ago

One of the best shows we seen live, Landco and Dustin Lynch were singing during our show. Stage is close great views.

1  Thank holiegoalie
Reviewed 5 days ago

The range of singers was surprisingly poor - many very old acts, most of whom were past their prime. A few younger acts were reasonable but to be honest the singers we heard at the nearby lunch spot on Broadway were better!

Seating is uncomfortable - wooden pews with no cushions and tight spacing.

Perhaps most annoying part was the massive number of adverts that are read out throughout the whole show - almost every 15 minutes there was another advert lasting a few minutes. Some of the acts even made fun of the constant advertising, which was quite amusing but goes to show how intrusive they were!

1  Thank EDIflyer_UK
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

I grew up in Nashville and hadn't been to the grand ole Opry since the mid 1980s. Always a good lineup of old school and new school music! I throughly enjoyed every minute of the show!

1  Thank Tina W
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We thought we had to do this having read the reviews of everyone saying you should go and it will be amazing even if you're not a country fan. I do not agree. The show was only ok, we hadn't heard of anyone that played, even the American Idol winner. The music was fine but some of the performers seem to just be wheeled out to fill a spot. Considering this has been going since the 40's you would think they'd have sorted out the queuing system. We went to the 9.30pm show (wish we'd gone to the earlier one at least) and the crowding was ridiculous. The queue for security was huge, then when you got through you were scrunched together in a tiny space with thousands of people ( I would suggest waiting in the bar if you can get to it.) We had to pick up our tickets and there was no differentiated line so I had to push through everyone and then only one window open. Many other people (some extremely elderly) had the same issue. It was borderline dangerous. I lost my husband and couldn't find him again until we were finally let inside. He was fuming, I was fuming, not a great start. Then as I said, the show is only ok if you're not a huge country star or American and therefore might know who the acts are. For us it was overpriced and regretful. Oh and the snacks and drinks inside are exorbitantly priced too.

3  Thank Melanie P
Reviewed 1 week ago

A tour of this building is both educational and fun. It is beautiful with a lot of history . Tour guides are great and will do a photo for you while there on the stage

1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 1 week ago

We went because we had heard so much about the Grand Ole Opry, but it is really just a big auditorium with little character. The musicians come out and perform a few numbers and are gone, there were four sets of musicians. It seems they have to pad the show with old musicians who probably should be retired. We were disappointed after spending so much money. However, we found the intimate venues of the Station Inn and the Bluebird Cafe and MacNamara's Pub to be so much better. We could actually see the musicians without looking at a jumbo screen and their ticket prices were so much lower.

2  Thank Andhouse