Open today: 10:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Great place for Families, especially kids between 5 and 15

The Science Centre is very good and some pretty good climbing areas and exhibits. We are members... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
geraldson68
Lots of fun for kids and adults

This museum is a lot of fun for kids although I think ages 4 and under don't have much to do there... read more

Reviewed 7 January 2019
Landboxwood12
Cleveland, Tennessee

Recommended experiences in and around Nashville
from US$40.95
from US$25.95
from US$19.99
from US$55.00
More Info
All reviews human body all ages adventure tower solar system hands on activities space walk subway restaurant older kids climbing structure space exhibit blue max planetarium shows roller coaster great for kids interactive activities year olds rainy day
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

On a tip to nashille looking for kid/adult friendly spots. This is a good place to go. Lots of hands on activities to make learning fun! Really enjoyed how much my daughter enjoyed science.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This place would be great for children 8+. Our younger children were terrified of all the noises and the children three plus times larger than them. There were even a few tweens running about having a blast. If you have small children, visit the zoo or on of the many beautiful parks. Forget this place until they are older!

Date of experience: May 2014
1  Thank Heather F
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

My 4 children and I visited from out of town on a Wednesday at 10:30. It was total chaos, the school children were unsupervised, didn't wait in lines, etc. By 2:00 the schools were gone and there were only a handful of families. They don't allow outside food, but there are picnic tables in the lower parking lot. We would go again on a weekday, after 12:00.

2  Thank mamaKT2Five
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Was not sure what to expect after reading reviews. Got to the Science Center around 1pm on a Saturday & was happy that it wasn't to crowded. My kids 5 8 & 10 year olds all enjoyed every part of the center. There favorite part was the wood building room. Just make sure you do it at the end of your day or you'll be carrying around your woodwork. We watched the astronaut movie in the planetarium and it was ok. I was expecting more of a realistic movie then an animated one. Ask for the combo ticket or you'll pay more for entrance and movie separately. The only down fall of the trip is there where many rude unsupervised kids that many times came over and took things out of my kids hands jumped on games while we where playing & tried cutting in lines. Some adults as well could have had some better manners. One man was laying in the play ambulance napping so kids felt uncomfortable to go in. Another lady had all her kids stuff spread across the stair way and didn't even move it aside so people could walk. But besides that it was nice to get away for the day.

Date of experience: April 2014
1  Thank bexbex65
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My 10-year-olds were not overly engaged, and the droves of visiting school kids were a little much. Perhaps one less school visit would have been ideal (I have nothing against trips for kids!). The spacewalk simulator was disappointing: the harness pinched and the action was nothing very exciting. Glad they had food onsite but we were tired of Subway by that time in our travels.

Date of experience: April 2014