“Treated Terribly by Security”

Layla's Bluegrass Inn
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Treated horribly by staff. Long line to women's restroom so used men's (was a single, one toilet restroom with no line and a lock on the door). When I left the restroom the goon who was "security" for the place greeted me and told me I had to leave. I thought he was joking, but he wasn't. He insisted on escorting me out IMMEDIATELY without my stuff or letting the people I was with know, but I refused and told the group I had to leave (there were 14 of us, and we were spending LOTS of money since it was a celebration for my daughter's 21st birthday). I'm not sure what this thugs motivation was since the upstairs had about 4 people prior to our arrival (the rest of the bars in Nashville per packed full). Needless to say we left and spent several hundred dollars at the bar down the street that didn't care what restroom we used. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE THAT TREATS GOOD PEOPLE LIKE CRIMINALS. And I plan to contact the owner to let him/her know how much money the place lost that night over something so ridiculously backwards.

5  Thank Viclef

Reviewed 17 January 2014

and watch the performers on the tv right in front of your face. Beats trying to fight the crowd up by the front. Plus the bartenders are always near to refill your beer. The performer that night played the piano with his boots, while doing a backbend. I did have to stand up to see if he for real was doing that...and he was. Very talented guy! Drinks cheap!

1  Thank courtneymccollum
Reviewed 7 January 2014

There were lines outside more-famous establishments Tootsie's and Roberts, so we ducked inside Layla's to kill some time on New Year's Eve. Glad we did. It was less crowded, the bartenders were super-friendly (even bought us a few drinks) and just a better all-around experience than Tootsie's, where we felt like we were in a mosh pit the night before.

I've been to Layla's three times now and while the quality of music may not be as consistent as in the more famous places, I'm convinced this is a better overall experience.

Tip: the bartenders won't tell you unless you ask, but PBRs are about half the price of other light beers.

2  Thank Anthony D
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Pre-partied before the dropping of the music note. Had a great time. Music was so amazing and the service was outstanding for how packed the bar was. We had a great time killing a few hours before the beginning of 2014. Though I was hoping for bluegrass music to be played the live band was really good and I did not mind! Mos def go there each time I am in Nashville!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We loved Layla's! Fun, little bluegrass band playing to a small afternoon crowd. Drinks are reasonable and the bar tenders were great. We went back on Saturday night and the place was packed for the cover band. The dance floor was hopping and it was a great place for people watching!