“It was bad, but they can fix it.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown
Ranked #63 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Las Colinas - DFW, TX
“It was bad, but they can fix it.”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Broken. That's the one word I'd use to describe my stay. I had just finished a stressful week of work, and I came to Nashville for a nice weekend. My wife and I checked in our room very late only to find that the TV did not work. Our room's tiny tiny bathroom had a door that stuck that you needed to almost kick to open. I did attempt to get another room, but none could be found. The next morning I went into the fitness area to find broken machines, and I later used the business center to attempt printing a ticket for my tour... yep once again - Broken printer.

I spoke with the manager who volunteered to comp my stay, but I have never seen the points returned to my account. I could deal with these things if I was staying for free, but since I paid I'm giving a scathing review.

The one positive thing I will say is that the restaurant and breakfast were fantastic.

Room Tip: Don't get there late. You will get the worst leftover room they have.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank uptownmatt
SteveBo14, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Thanks you for your comments. We take the feedback from our clients very seriously. I assure you that we always do everything possible for our guest to have an outstanding stay in Nashville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
anchorage
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a professional conference and having stayed at Doubletree airport hotels, I knew that it would be clean and acceptable. but this Doubletree, located in downtown Nashville, just steps away from the Broadway music club scene, was a notch above the expected. My room was spacious, sunny, and comfortably appointed, the bath products were Crabtree and Evelyn, and the front desk and concierge staff were wonderful and warm. Josh, the evening manager, gave a great dining recommendation to Flyte, which was great, and check in was friendly and helpful. And the free shuttle service that takes you anywhere downtown ( with the delightful Jen driving) made this a really great place to stay. Highly recommended!

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I you must be in downtown Nashville, the Doubletree is a great location. It's and easy walk to everything you would want to see -- we walked to the Country Music Hall of Fame in about five minutes. Our room was the most interesting room I've ever stayed in -- room number 107. It is rather like staying in the bow of a ship (it comes to a point) with ceiling to floor glass on all sides -- so the views are perfectly wonderful. HOWEVER -- downtown is not particularly safe, especially after dark. So you would be well advised to plan to either take the car out, get a taxi or use the shuttle if you plan to go out. When stepping out for dinner at a nearby (half block away) sushi bar -- we were accosted in an incidence that could have become violent if a third party had not intervened. We quickly returned to the terrace bar where we heard the scene (screaming and swearing) continue for the next fifteen minutes. So -- if you must be in downtown (and if you smoke -- room 107 is a smoking room) then this is great. But if you can get in and out of Nashville during the daylight you are probably much better off. At least go out in groups larger than a pair -- might be helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in Nashville. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future. I would disagree with you regatding the safety of the downtown area. One reason for the poularity of Nashvilee, is that it is easy to get around and relatively safe in the downtown area.
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel for the weekend of May 10-13. I booked the hotel over the internet and purchased a room/breakfast package several months in advance. This was a busy graduation weekend for Nashville, so rooms were hard to come by. This hotel appears to be an older hotel, although carpets, walls, etc. are in good condition. The age is reflected primarily in the bathroom (smaller size, one sink that doesn't drain well, and a small tub/shower) and the lack of wall sound insulation. We stayed on the 9th floor- executive club level. The positive: the size of the room and bathroom were adequate (no mini-bar); nice lobby which included a Starbucks; good proximity to downtown and the Ryman,; nice (although very young) front desk staff. My husband loved the cookies and ate several. The overwhelming negative : thin walls and thus much noise from both hall and adjoining room at night and again in the morning (8:00 a.m.) when we were trying to sleep in. We could actually hear the person next door to us on the phone in the morning. We also heard the conversation of the large group in the hall who remained there conversing for about 10 minutes. Because of this, I would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
SteveBo14, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Stayed overnight May14th for a business trip. The hotel was okay. I rated it higher than average because it was a great value and located a few blocks from the District and only a block from the convention center. The front desk recommended a couple of restaurants upon request. We walked over to check out the menus and took a pass. Both were reasonably priced but the menu selections were just so-so. I hopped online and found a place called Germantown Cafe which I will review separately.

Service was pretty good here. The guys at the valet were friendly and helpful. Housekeeping comes around early so I recommend putting the privacy door hangar out before going to bed. Front desk folks were nice.

Room was comfortable and spacious. Closet space was also plentiful. There was a coffee machine which I found easy to use. Again, it was not luxurious but comfortable and I thought it was a tremendous value given the location. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby and a cafe. The bar was busy on a Sunday night and there is live music during the week.

Keep in mind I was only here one night.

Room Tip: Room 306 was comfortable and clean. Overlooks a small plaza between the hotel and Bank of America b...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Sudbury, MA
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Perfectly fine hotel in the heart of Nashville. Clean and relatively spacious rooms but an overhaul seems overdue. It feels *old*. Beds way too soft for my taste. No in-room wireless, only wired connection, which in this day and age of iPads feels antiquated. Funny, the tent cards in the room give you instructions for how to connect to the wireless network. In all fairness, their web site states clearly that wireless is available only in public locations.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed here with a group travelling to Nashville for a bachelorette party. The hotel was conveniently located close to the bars on Broadway and Bridgestone Area (5 minute or so walk). Additionally the hotel had a shuttle that will take you anywhere in the downtown area for free. The doorman graciously offered us this service when we asked him to get us a cab. There was a big group of us, and he was very patient shuttling segments of the group. My only complaint is the ceiling in the bathroom ceiling was peeling and appeared to have painted over mold damage, and the shower head was quite low. Overall a very positive experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends