“If you're not worried about being downtown, this is a nice hotel.”

Sheraton Music City Hotel
Ranked #54 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I've attended several conferences at this hotel. It's a well-maintained establishment. My last visit was August 2012. Check-in has always been smooth. The bar/lounge is nice. The conference facilities are good. Finding your suite/room can be a little confusing at first but you'll get the hang of it. The in-house restaurant is nice and fairly good value, especially since outside eating establishments are a pretty good drive. They have wi-fi in the lobby area for guest use, if you need it.

Room Tip: Rooms farther away from the elevator are less noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bfain
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Music City Hotel

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Friendly staff, so clean, so comfortable, beautiful grounds, gorgeous pool area, the rooms are just immaculate! This was our first time staying in Nashville, and we will stay here again the next time we come back. The room rates are extremely reasonable, it's about a 10 minute drive to down town Nashville, but they have constant taxi services coming in, they have a shuttle to take you places with in 5 miles. The do NOT charge their guests for parking or little extras like a bottle of water or roll away beds. It really was a dream to stay here. Highly recommended, it's great for families or groups coming to have some fun. Just all the way around an awesome place!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa D
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Nashville frequently looking at homes and decided to book the Sheraton for our 10th Anniversary trip. Last year we stayed at the Gaylord (check out my review) which is nice, but overpriced and lots of hidden fees. NO worries here! No extra "hidden" fees. FREE parking! They have beautiful pools and landscape. The location is quick to the freeway and other Nashville sites.

We also ordered the room service and was pleased with it. It was 10:30pm (they close at 11) and they were very nice and brought our food up within the 30 minutes promised and it was VERY good! I am also glad to say the prices for room service is very reasonable.

We had a gorgeous room overlooking the pool. It had a nice comfortable king size bed and the room was remarkably clean. I was worried about them allowing pets, but I saw no signs of that. I really love having the balcony to sit on in the morning and look out at the pool. Its a nice place to decompress.

We attempted to visit the indoor pool. It was a bit chilly for my liking for an indoor pool. I really wanted to try to hot tub, but a swarm of college kids took it over, so that was my luck. But, overall the pool was clean and plenty of towels were available. I would love to try the outdoor pool next time. It closes at 9pm which was a bummer for us when we wanted to try the outdoor hot tub when the college kids were out, but I understand they want to keep the noise down for people wanting to sleep. The best thing is that the indoor pool and fitness center are open 24 hours. That makes it nice to get a soak after walking up and down Broadway.

One more thing I need to say is that I booked through a discount website and I worried about getting a second rate room because of it, but I didn't! I had a beautiful room and was so happy about being treated well when I checked in. Overall, a great experience from beginning to end.

Room Tip: Facing the pool is my choice, however, if you like to sleep without being awakened by pool goers, fa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank velvetnit
Reviewed 5 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here over Memorial weekend and were very pleased with our stay. The room was very clean and nice although we didn't spend much time in it. We booked on Hotwire and were still awarded SPG points for selecting the green cleaning option. Typically, hotels won't let you accumulate reward points when you booked on Hotwire. Convenient access to the airport, plenty of restaurants, and nearby highways to Downtown. We stayed here because we wanted to be close to the airport to make an early return flight. Would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend for a one night getaway and I was absolutely delighted with our experience. We checked in very early (around 11) and it was no problem-- there were plenty of rooms ready. I asked for a king-size bed and we were upgraded to a junior suite at no charge. Also, because I am a member of Starwood's perks program we got free wifi for our stay. While the view from our third floor room was mostly of the roof, the room itself was gorgeous, and there was a spacious balcony that we didn't take advantage of because of the rain. And the bed! Super comfy. Probably the best night's sleep I have had in a long time. We ordered room service for breakfast using the door menu and both my husband and I were very happy with what we ordered. He had the breakfast burrito, I ordered the egg white omelette with spinach and roasted tomatoes. Both came with fresh fruit, and we got a pot of fresh coffee. A word of caution: house cleaning comes around starting at 8:30, so put up your do not disturb tag if you are checking out later than that! A girl walked into our room because we didn't hear her knock. Aside from that, though, a totally wonderful experience. Definitely would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a king size bed at check in and you might get upgraded to a suite. Don't worry about int...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Saw a special price on expedia so I thought why not? Upon arrival we were immediately given a room and it was spacious and made you feel right at home. The balcony was a great plus. We did not take advantage of the room service menu, but I looked it over and if you did not want to go anywhere the prices seemed reasonable, even though there was a 22% gratuity added on. No complimentary wifi or breakfast, which means a lot while traveling with children, but I don't guess it was that big a deal. Always remember to take snacks with you because, you never want to purchase candy or chips from a hotel because they are super expensive! The location was perfect for visiting OpryMills and getting to the airport quickly! The pool closes to soon though, 9pm seems way to early for the summer months to close a pool. For a one night quick stay with my children and just tripping upon a special price this wasn't that bad of a stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Comfy beds, clean rooms and a balcony made for a nice, albeit quick, stay with our two kids on a recent trip to Nashville. Downtown is near enough, though do keep in mind that the property is in the middle of a strip of office parks. Not having car would make this a tough location for many. Depending on the side of the building you are on, you may have a lot of airport noise. There's a very nice outdoor pool area and the lobby is also nice.

Our first night we were next to a room full of loud smokers blasting awful music. For a non-smoking hotel with balconies, this really sucked. The smoky air seemed to drift right into our room. I called the front desk and they handled it rather quickly. Generally, the people staying seemed quiet and respectful so this was probably aberrant.

All of the staff we dealt with we're helpful, friendly and nice.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family