“Just OK”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Texas
“Just OK”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I spent five nights at Sheraton Music City visiting family in September.

The first impression at most hotels I stay in is the valet parking and bellman of which there were neither at this hotel. Next of course would be check in.

Went to check in with "Balin" and twice during the check in process he commented "when you book your room through Hotwire you get what you get". Totally unnecessary comment. If Sheraton doesn't want to sell their rooms through Hotwire, then they shouldn't be listed with Hotwire. All other front desk employees that I came in contact with were friendly and helpful.

This hotel needs a good cleaning and some renovations. Tired furnishings and dirty carpet.

The bed was quite comfortable thankfully.

I did rent a car so getting around was OK but I will not stay at this Sheraton again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
We are sorry that we fell short in making you feel welcome upon arrival. This is certainly not the Sheraton Music City experience we aim to provide to our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. I have notified our management team so that we may look further into these issues. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

Warm Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We recently spent 5 nights here to attend a football game and see some of the sights. This Shereton has been around for quite a while and it shows. The hotel is located on the outskirts of Nashville and if you do not have a car you will go broke with cab fares to the city, although you are only about 20 minutes from downtown. Parking is free. The hotel runs a shuttle to the airport only. The rooms are not small and all have a balcony or patio. The bathroom is small and while it has been worked on, it still it difficult to move around. The housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired, unfortunately. Our room and our friends' were generally not cleaned until well into the afternoon. Glasses (plastic) were not replentished. Washcloths were missed on at least one occasion. Not sure how much cleaning was done.
Rooms do have flat screen TVs. Beds were more comfortable than expected.
The lobby is very nice with comfortable seating. Wifi is only available in the public areas of the hotel. There is a nice pool outside.
The staff was very accommodating, especially the concierge. We ate one meal (first breakfast) at the hotel and the food was acceptable, but typically hotel priced. Would we return? Probably would look for something closer in and newer although you could do worse than this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the inside overlooking the pool and courtyard. Otherwise you look at the parking lot...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your recent stay. We value your feedback and welcome the opportunity to speak with you soon. Please know that Cleanliness is a vital part of our culture; we do not take it lightly.
Our concierge staff is outstanding in that we hear so many compliments and great feedback about them that we often get to celebrate their success as a team, and we love it.
We sincerely thank you again for the feedback which will only allow us to improve our hotel moving forward.
Warm regards,
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and attentive. Food served at conference I was at was above average and tasty. Rooms were clean, but could have used some carpet and upholstery cleaning as there were several stains in my room. Room decor was above average and wifi was very good throughout the hotel. The AV for the conference I was at seemed to work very well. The only really bad experience was the 55 minute wait (after two phone calls) for the shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel. I thought maybe that was just a fluke, however, another hotel guest said it happened to him as well and he gave up and just took a cab. I thought maybe they were just busy, but when I finally made it to the hotel there was two other shuttle busses sitting there unused. I would stay here again, but would probably take a cab and not wait for the shuttle.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
We want to extend our sincere apologies for your challenges with our Shuttle bus. We were happy to hear that our staff was engaged and the quality of the food was very good.
Thank you for your business, which is greatly appreciated and your feedback, which we view as a gift.
We would love to have another opportunity to be of service to you at the Sheraton Music City.
Warm regards
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Nice place, friendly people...just don't leave anything behind and expect anyone to return your call for help! It didn't happen...disappointing ;( Otherwise the Accommodations were very nice. The rooms were spacious. I would just like to know if anyone found my Gucci wristlet with all of my electronic chargers in it.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pool and gardens...otherwise your balcony is looking at the parking lot!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback so we can improve. I am sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations on your first visit with us.
I am really sorry nobody called you back regarding your Gucci bag but we looked at our lost and found and we don’t have any Gucci bag.
You can contact me at 615-885-2200.
We appreciate your business and the feedback you provided.
We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Warm Regards,

Thierry Grodet
Hotel Manager
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was extremely excited about staying at this Sheraton Hotel for a concert weekend with a family member. I mean who wouldn't be eager to stay at place with the name, "The Sheraton Music City Hotel." The pictures made this hotel seem like a little gem tucked away from the more hectic parts of Nashville. However, names and pictures can be very deceiving. Upon entering the hotel's slow sliding doors, it was extremely warm and muggy feeling inside. I checked in at the front desk, where I was surprised that the staff was not overly helpful and did not asked if I needed any assistance being a first time visitor.

I was smart enough to inspect the room before carrying our luggage to the top of the fourth floor. When exiting the elevator, I noticed that it was even hotter and had a mild unpleasant odor. When we entered our room it only got worse. While trying to catch my breath I quickly walked over to open up the balcony door to get some much needed air when I was shocked to discover a most atrocious view. I was staring at the top of a leaking smelly rusted air conditioner on the roof. No wonder the smell. Being extremely disappointed, I rushed out of the room and back to the front desk. I told guest services that I would like to change rooms, preferably one closer to the pool. However, that seemed to be out of the question. Instead, I was offered a room on the first floor. The new room was cooler and had a patio with a parking lot view. Although not great, it did not feel like the prison cell on the fourth floor. However, I was disappointed to find out I had lost a mini fridge in the room exchange.

Knowing of possible storms moving into the area, we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant. Not the wisest decision on my part. One of our glasses of water had what seemed to be a sesame seed floating about in it, or at least we hope it was a seed. The food was extremely overpriced and bland tasting. The salad I ordered, instead of fries, was nothing more than a petite bird sized serving of green lettuce.

When we went to retire to our room for the night, I found that the TV had HORRIBLE reception and 95 percent of the channels were of black screens with the small caption, "no signal." This is truly unacceptable. Especially in a hotel that charges an arm and a leg for daily Wi-Fi access. The bed was even more uncomfortable. To add insult to injury, the oversized and overstuffed pillows did not help my neck at all.

Housekeeping arrived fairly early to clean the room the next morning and I kindly asked them to return later. When we left for an early brunch and downtown sight seeing, I was surprised to come back to an unclean room. By the time housekeeping did come back, we were waiting on our concert to begin and so we stood in the corner while they politely cleaned our room.

When I went to retrieve ice for our small bucket, I had to walk for what seemed like forever to find the ice/vending machine. For a minute, I thought I was in, "The Shining" and Jack Nicholson was going to pop out with an axe. That would have been more acceptable instead of all of the construction that was taking place on the first floor. I had to run back to the room to retrieve the ice bucket cover to make sure the dust didn't contaminate my ice. For a little bit, I felt I needed one of the construction mask that the employees were wearing.

Being extremely exhausted by the second night of our stay, I forgot to latch the room lock or put the “do not disturb” sign on the door. By 9:00 a.m. housekeeping had knocked once and walked right into our room. Realizing we were asleep they kindly walked out. However, they attempted to get into the room twice more before 10:45 in the morning. Being extremely frustrated and fatigued, I put the do not disturb sign on the door so I could at least try to get our luggage out of the room to check out. I'm surprise I didn't leave anything behind as though I felt I was being rushed out of the hotel. I mean check out time is not until noon.

I believe this is a deliberate part by hotel management to get guest to check out early, since housekeeping did apologized for the inconvenience. We checked out of the hotel before 11:00 a.m. just to get out of dodge and to return to the peace and quiet of our own home.

For a weekend that I had looked forward to for several months in advance, I was extremely disappointed in my experience at this hotel. I can take a few hits and misses here and there, but this was ridicules. I mean, honestly, I have stayed at a Red Roof Inn that was ten times better than this place. Need I say more?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank D2013519
Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your recent stay.
We will use the valuable feedback you provided to us for our front desk staff, housekeeping and our restaurant servers. We are grateful to you for providing honest feedback and will use this as a training tool to improve as a team. Again, our sincere apologies, and we would hope that you would consider staying with us again so that we can provide the exceptional service that an extensive traveler such as yourself would come to expect from their hotel of choice and especially from the Sheraton brand.
Warm regards,
Thierry Grodet
Hotel Manager
Northcentral, Ohio
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel September 18th-21st and stayed with a friend for a birthday trip. The first impression of this resort was very positive. The grounds were lovely and the lobby was very attractive. My favorite part of my stay were the two girls working the front desk. They were friendly, helpful, and probably the best front desk staff I've come in contact with in the last few years. I booked this hotel on Hotwire and these girls never mentioned it or made me feel like a second class hotel patron like some places do. They signed me up as a Starwood guest so I could have free internet and gave us lots of information about local attractions and dining.

The room we were given was in the back of the hotel and this had positives and negatives, The positives were that we could park closely and (best of all FREE) to the back entrance and was really close to the elevator and our room. The negative was that our balcony faced the freeway and the room was rather noisey. We didn't ask for a room change so I have no idea how that would have been handled. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The shower had good pressure and the bathroom was clean.

The location is very close to the airport so you do hear airport noise but not bad. We were also very close to all the Opry things. We went to Opry Mills shoping center and walked around the Opryland Hotel. You can park for free at the mall around the Cinema and have a short walk to the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and not pay for parking at the hotel. The trip to downtown was easy and only took 10-15 minutes.

The SanDiego Chargers were staying at our Hotel and that was a real exciting bonus. I will stay here again as I felt it was good value for the cost and a truly enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool or the inner courtyard not the highway.
Green Features: They were not intrusive and did not affect my stay so that means they are doing their job. We did use our towels more than once.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
New Milford, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 September 2013

On September 6-8, I attended a leadership conference at this hotel. The staff were very personable, attentive and friendly. The rooms were large, clean and everything worked properly. The halls are clean, well lit, and exits are clearly marked. The elevators ran quickly and smoothly with shorter than average wait times to call a car. The airport shuttle service was used and the driver was friendly, the van was very clean and nicely maintained - no evidence of scratches, dents or damage. The ride from the airport took about ten minutes and was smooth -- no crazy race car antics or getting tossed about like at some shuttle services. Food at lounge, and during the convention (i.e. breakfast buffet, banquet) was really tasty and perfectly prepared. I can recommend using this hotel for meetings or conferences.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo