“Great location from downtown”

Sheraton Music City Hotel
Ranked #50 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Florence KY
“Great location from downtown”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton june 13 through the 15th. I liked the location and the 10 dollars for the round trip was a great price. I didn't have to worry abut finding a place to park downtown and not knowing the area this was a big help. The room was really clean and comfortable.The only thing I wish the room had was a fridge.I could hear the people talking in the other room so that was one thing I didn't care for.The staff at the front desk were helpful in giving me directions to places that weren't downtown. I had a 25.00 charge on my bill which I am trying to find out what it was for. I was told I would be called back in a couple of days. Guess I will decide whether I will stay here again on how they handle the charge. One other thing I didn't like is the fact that I booked through Hotels.com I did not get breakfast included in the booking. For what I paid for the room,I think breakfast could have been included.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sting41042

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Music City Hotel for six nights last week. The hotel is beautiful, inside & out. We arrived several hours prior to the official check-in time of 3:00. Parking was free and plentiful. Upon arrival, the clerk checked to see if a room was available which surprised me at that early hour. There was no room ready but he told us we could leave our luggage with him and he would call us - which he did around noon. Before we left the hotel to go downtown that morning, the clerks gave us some great information for getting around Nashville plus transportation options to downtown Nashville and also gave us recommendations for nearby restaurants. We had requested a room overlooking the courtyard/pool and a refrigerator. When we returned, we had received both. Our room was spacious with a king bed, chest of drawers, two side chairs, a small round dining table, desk and desk chair. A sliding glass door opened up to the private balcony with two chairs and a small table. We loved sitting on the balcony in the mornings and evenings. We took advantage of the "green" option for the maid service (meaning the room doesn't get cleaned for the length of the stay) and received a $5.00 voucher each day for food at the hotel. I didn't mind keeping the room straight myself so this worked out just fine. The bed was extremely comfortable - almost as good as our bed at home. We did not eat in the restaurant or order room service ; however, I did use the outside covered veranda just off the bar area for lunch (where I used my food vouchers). The food and service were great. This hotel is about 10 minutes from downtown Nashville, about 25 minutes from Franklin, and about 15-20 minutes from the many other historic sites in the area. You should definitely consider staying at the Sheraton Music City Hotel when traveling to Nashville. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Nashville
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I would not recommend this hotel at all. Very bad standards on cleanliness. Public Hair is everywhere! The front desk assistant manager Tessa told me that she would release me from the room because it didn't meet my standards but was unwilling to have house keeping to go and clean it! Not to mention it is way out from any decent eating places. I'm not kidding! Don't stay here!!!

• Stayed June 2014
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Please accept our apologies for the cleanliness issue you have with all the rooms and the challenges you had with our staff during your stay. This is certainly not the Sheraton Music City experience we aim to provide to our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.
We will use the valuable feedback you provided to us for our front desk staff and housekeeping . We are grateful to you for providing honest feedback and will use this as a training tool to improve as a team.
I would like to apologize to you personally for your unacceptable hotel experience, if you would like to send me an e-mail with your contact information to tgrodet@sheratonmusiccity.com that would be wonderful.
Again, our sincere apologies, and we would hope that you would consider staying with us again so that we can provide the exceptional service that an extensive traveler such as yourself would come to expect from their hotel of choice and especially from the Sheraton brand.
Warm regards
Thierry Grodet
West Chester, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Music City Hotel. I thought the room was very nice and comfortable. Breakfast was also good. Parking was very accessible. I bought the room through a LivingSocial special. I'm not sure what the regular rates were, but I was happy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sean M
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and your room was comfortable!

We hope to see you again very soon.

Emma S
Guest Relations Manager
Reviewed 11 June 2014

After a full day of travel, I arrived at the hotel tired and starving. Most of the surrounding restaurants were closed, but the onsite Veranda Lounge was open and room service was still operating. Too tired to head back downstairs, I opted for room service. It was the best burger I've eaten in a while.

Unfortunately, this was a last minute booking and unbeknownst to me, I arrived in town during the CMA festivities and the hotel had no rooms with king beds available. I had no choice but to stay in a room with two double beds for little ole me. Despite the size of the bed, it was very comfortable and the pillows are amazing.

Although, the hotel is some distance from downtown Nashville, the hotel has partnered with Monarch shuttle service and for $10 round trip, you are dropped off in the middle of downtown. However, if you do not wish to use the onsite dining services, you need a vehicle to go to any of the surrounding restaurants. Walking is an option, but it is a trek and quite dark at night. (This is the only reason why I didn't give the hotel an excellent rating.)

All the staff is amazing and very helpful, I will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Geslop
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you would stay with us again!

I apologize that we were not able to give you the bed type that you requested. As you mentioned the hotel was very busy during your staff and our rooms are allocated upon check in. I am glad to hear that you still found your room to be comfortable.

Again thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again very soon.

Emma S

Guest Relations Manager
luvpugs
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is beautiful! It is close to the airport, yes. Some people said the rooms were small and I disagree. We had a beautiful room overlooking the courtyard. There was a nice balcony, we had a king size bed and there was a lounge chair as well as a desk. I'm not sure how much room you really need in a hotel but this was plenty for us. The room was clean, not old feeling at all to me (and I'm a germ freak and picky about where I stay). It's not that far from downtown either. A 10 min drive in to downtown is not bad for us at all. If you are not used to commuting it may feel far for some but you can jump on the interstate and be there in no time. We went once at rush hour and another time after the CMA Fest and we had no issues at all. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: If you can get a room overlooking the courtyard, it's a nice view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Being the Sheraton name I expected a nice place to stay. The room was small, no fridge or microwave, no breakfast and the room was old and worn badly. A Holiday Inn or Fairfield would have been MUCH better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amy B
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to assess your stay and provide us with feedback. Although, we do not like reading a review such as this; it is very much appreciated and will allow us to improve. We care what our guests think and want them to have an exceptional stay. During your stay, we fell short of your expectations, and for that we do apologize. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with both exceptional service and accommodations.

Warm Regards, Thierry