“Comfortable hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Iowa City, Iowa
“Comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Staff at this hotel are very helpful and accomidating. The hotel itself has very nice public spaces and hotel rooms. Restaurants have good food and waitstaff. I would definately stay here again. Only negative is location- downtown is a drive away. Parking at hotel is free which is another positive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was worried about staying at another airport hotel as they are usally pretty utilitarian. I was pleasently surprised at this Sheraton! It was more like a small resort. The grounds were beautiful, the pool very nice and each room had a balcony. Rooms were nice, clean and quiet. I would recommend this hotel for business or family. It was reasonably priced and convenient to most places in and around nashville.

Room Tip: As for a room that looks out over the pool. it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived on June 15the and stayed 2 nights. We had a horrible time trying to book a room, took 45 minutes to get that sorted out. The first night I was tired so I didn't pay too much attention, which was my fault. The room is outdated, tired looking. The handicapped rooms are awful and very difficult to get to. Very steep ramp which our person's motorized wheelchair had to be pushed up. Also about a half mile plus walk to the room with floor that goes up and down. Plus today the room has a funky smell. Will never choose again.

Stayed June 2014
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
We certainly do not like to read a review like yours; however, we appreciate your feedback as it will allow us to improve. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience here. We care what our guests think. We want them to have an exceptional stay. We especially want them to return.
We are really sorry you didn’t like the décor of our rooms and you had challenges with the ramp. I will certainly look into this to ensure our handicapped rooms are easy to access.
I would like to apologize to you personally for your hotel experience, if you would like to send me an e-mail with your contact information to tgrodet@sheratonmusiccity.com I would love to make contact with you to discuss your experience further.

Warm Regards,

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I traveled to Nashville for the weekend of June 14th-15th in order to attend the great American Airshow in Smyrna TN. I am currently a medical student and as such money is extremely tight. My wife surprised me with an overnight stay at the Sheraton as a birthday present for me, she had purchased the room as a Groupon deal for $97 or about $115 after taxes included, which was still a pretty good deal. Here is where the problems started. In her haste to purchase the Groupon deal, she inadvertently booked the night of the 13th, the day before our arrival. Groupon deals are NON-REFUNDABLE and we are well aware of this but here is where Sheraton Music City really dropped the ball. We showed up to check in at around 5:00pm on June 14th, and much to our surprise we were informed that we never showed up for our reservation...for the previous day. My heart still breaks when I think of the look on my wife's face, she new she had made a terrible error. The wonderful lady working at the front desk was very sympathetic and seemed to be confident that she could explain the situation to the "manager" and work something out for us. After approximately 20-25 minutes the lady working at the front desk returned to tell us she was sorry but there was nothing she could do except sell us another room for $165. I could tell she was disappointed in her "management," as it was hard for her to even look us in the face. She said she was sorry but the $115 was had spent on a room that we never saw was lost and no credit would be applied to another nights stay. The "manager" never showed her face, she never took the time to hear our side of the story or find out exactly who they were turning away. I'm sure we probably looked like a young couple, without much means wearing T-shirts and flip flops after being in the 85 degree sun all day. What the "manager" didn't know is that I'm also an ex-airline employee with a lot of contacts in the industry. In fact, one of my best friends from grade school is a crew scheduler at one of the largest fractional ownership aviation companies in the world. When we discussed what had happen the next day he figures he can personally see to it that Sheraton and other Starwood Hotels lose about 600 room night over the next six months alone. Just goes to show you, you never know who you may be dealing with. That is customer service rule number one!
We will never again stay at a Sheraton or Starwood property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tnjetjock
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear of your experience and apologize that there was no follow up on such an important matter. I am glad that our front desk agent connected with you on a personal level and was friendly in your interactions with her. I am really sorry for your challenges with your Groupons reservation and I regret your situation was not handled differently.
I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly and assist. Please contact me tgrodet@sheratonmusiccity.com so we may discuss this further.
We value each and every one of our guests and we also value your feedback so we can continually improve. We hope you will give us another chance by visiting us again in the near future.

Florence KY
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton june 13 through the 15th. I liked the location and the 10 dollars for the round trip was a great price. I didn't have to worry abut finding a place to park downtown and not knowing the area this was a big help. The room was really clean and comfortable.The only thing I wish the room had was a fridge.I could hear the people talking in the other room so that was one thing I didn't care for.The staff at the front desk were helpful in giving me directions to places that weren't downtown. I had a 25.00 charge on my bill which I am trying to find out what it was for. I was told I would be called back in a couple of days. Guess I will decide whether I will stay here again on how they handle the charge. One other thing I didn't like is the fact that I booked through Hotels.com I did not get breakfast included in the booking. For what I paid for the room,I think breakfast could have been included.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sting41042
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Music City Hotel for six nights last week. The hotel is beautiful, inside & out. We arrived several hours prior to the official check-in time of 3:00. Parking was free and plentiful. Upon arrival, the clerk checked to see if a room was available which surprised me at that early hour. There was no room ready but he told us we could leave our luggage with him and he would call us - which he did around noon. Before we left the hotel to go downtown that morning, the clerks gave us some great information for getting around Nashville plus transportation options to downtown Nashville and also gave us recommendations for nearby restaurants. We had requested a room overlooking the courtyard/pool and a refrigerator. When we returned, we had received both. Our room was spacious with a king bed, chest of drawers, two side chairs, a small round dining table, desk and desk chair. A sliding glass door opened up to the private balcony with two chairs and a small table. We loved sitting on the balcony in the mornings and evenings. We took advantage of the "green" option for the maid service (meaning the room doesn't get cleaned for the length of the stay) and received a $5.00 voucher each day for food at the hotel. I didn't mind keeping the room straight myself so this worked out just fine. The bed was extremely comfortable - almost as good as our bed at home. We did not eat in the restaurant or order room service ; however, I did use the outside covered veranda just off the bar area for lunch (where I used my food vouchers). The food and service were great. This hotel is about 10 minutes from downtown Nashville, about 25 minutes from Franklin, and about 15-20 minutes from the many other historic sites in the area. You should definitely consider staying at the Sheraton Music City Hotel when traveling to Nashville. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Nashville
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I would not recommend this hotel at all. Very bad standards on cleanliness. Public Hair is everywhere! The front desk assistant manager Tessa told me that she would release me from the room because it didn't meet my standards but was unwilling to have house keeping to go and clean it! Not to mention it is way out from any decent eating places. I'm not kidding! Don't stay here!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Please accept our apologies for the cleanliness issue you have with all the rooms and the challenges you had with our staff during your stay. This is certainly not the Sheraton Music City experience we aim to provide to our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.
We will use the valuable feedback you provided to us for our front desk staff and housekeeping . We are grateful to you for providing honest feedback and will use this as a training tool to improve as a team.
I would like to apologize to you personally for your unacceptable hotel experience, if you would like to send me an e-mail with your contact information to tgrodet@sheratonmusiccity.com that would be wonderful.
Again, our sincere apologies, and we would hope that you would consider staying with us again so that we can provide the exceptional service that an extensive traveler such as yourself would come to expect from their hotel of choice and especially from the Sheraton brand.
Warm regards