“Didn't realize it was a pet friendly hotel!”

Sheraton Music City Hotel
Ranked #54 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed July 4th night. was under the impression it was located downtown close to where the outdoor concert and fireworks where happening,was not happy when we found out it was 7 miles from downtown off the beaten path. Overall the room was clean and the hotel staff very pleasant. We also didn't realize it was a pet friendly hotel and put us next to a room with a dog that barked all night. I would have thought they would separate the non pet travelers from the pet travelers. One other thing is our room was facing the parking lot and the drapes are stationary and the parking lot lights shined through the room. I would suggest drapes that close.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel over the July 4, weekend and I could hardly have been more impressed. It is a very nice hotel, immaculately maintained. The beds were luxurious and I slept like a baby each night I was there. But, what impressed me the most was the staff. Everyone from maids to managers seemed only too willing to be helpful and that was especially true for the front desk personnel. I want to give a great big "shout out" to Tessa, Lauren, and Brenna for going above and beyond the call of duty to be both courteous and helpful. Troy, in the restaurant, made us special breakfast sandwiches upon request! Everyone was smiling and cheerful throughout the weekend, and it is obvious that senior management has created an institutional culture of friendly efficiently. The hostess in the restaurant told me that she loves her job and looks forward to coming to work, and I can certainly see why! Congratulations, Sheraton Music City! Well done indeed!

Room Tip: The lobby contains an interesting mix of tile and carpeting so elderly guests or those with physical...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

July 4th weekend was not such a great time to go. 33rd music city round up/ AA convention. It's hell on earth for Non-Smokers! While the hotel was beautiful and service was friendly, you couldn't relax by the pool with all the cigarettes everywhere. In every styrofoam cup, on the cement around the pool area, in the 30 ashtrays around the pool, it was disgusting! Knowing that alcoholics generally transfer their addiction to alcohol to their addiction to cigarettes the hotel should have done a better job looking out for their guests that weren't there for the convention. No pool attendant also meant that these people would lay towels on layout chairs then go off to a meeting. The regular guests were laying on the cement while 5 chairs were empty, with a towel on it, marked for someone that wouldn't be down for another hour.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Awayfro
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback back, We appreciate it, although it was hard to receive, it will absolutely help us in the long run.
We must also extend our apologies to you for your less than satisfactory experience in our swimming pool. We will re-evaluate our smoking policy at the pool and we will improve our pick up of used pool towels during the day. We are glad you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and the service was friendly.
Thank you for taking the time to educate us as to how we can continue to strive to provide exceptional service, which is always our on-going quest.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is located near the airport, there is a private company that will shuttle you to downtown. It's $10 for round trip, it drops you off by Legends Corner Bar. It was convenient to use and the women that took us each time would give you tips on the city.
They have a bar in the lobby with great staff, Krystal was very helpful and hilarious! My husband I enjoyed talking with her. She took great care of us and was very attentive.
Our first night there we were on the first floor that had an adjoining room. We could hear their conversation next door. There were weddings going on that evening and they had a get together with numerous people in the room. We did call the front desk and Tessa immediately responded and addressed it. They started again later even having people accidentally knocking on our door. We called the front desk again and security addressed it, there were no other issues. Tessa passed this information onto the next shift and they called to follow up with me and to apologize. This was not the fault of the hotel. Tessa professionally addressed and resolved it. We had reservations for later in the week again and Ryan made sure to reserve us a room on the top floor without an adjoining room. He was also extremely helpful and professional. It was a very quiet and peaceful stay.
The grounds are beautiful and well kept. Nice outdoor swimming pool. Beautiful lobby!!
There was not a refrigerator or microwave in our room. That needs to be requested at check in.
Both stays we were welcomed by the doormen and would see us in the lobby and ask we needed anything.
There was a breakfast buffet in the morning for $17.00. Nice selection of hot and cold items, juices and coffee. We did dinner there three of our nights there. We were surprised how great and fresh the food was! We had the cheese quesadillas as an appetizer each time, they were that good.
Housekeeping did knock on our door in the morning with the peace and quiet sign on the door, waking us up. We probably needed to get up anyways, why sleep our time away in Nashville.
We will definitely return and this is where we will always stay when visiting Nashville.
Great stay and great staff!!!

Room Tip: Room 4141 was very quiet, over looked the front of the hotel. Located near the airport but could not...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 539katiej
Reviewed 3 July 2014

As you can tell in my past reviews, I don't usually stay at a Sheraton. I had been to this Sheraton years ago for a conference and had high expectations for my return visit. The grounds are beautiful, the location is great, and the staff is exceptionally helpful. The room was very clean and well appointed with a desk and two comfortable chairs along with very comfortable beds. I REALLY wanted to give this location a 5. However, all the little things made a difference. Had it been a lower priced chain, I might not have noticed but for a Sheraton I expect more. First, the rug was frayed and ragged around the bathroom door. The toilet was not connected well to the floor and rocked when you sat on it. The fan in the bathroom did not work and there was no AC in the bathroom at all. The curtains would not stay closed and the light blocking curtain was full of pinholes so we were awakened each morning with sunlight in our eyes. Light shined in all around the door out into the hallway. I did get a good price for the room but if I had paid full price I would have been extremely disappointed. Overall the hotel just needs a update. You couldn't find a better staff or a cleaner location. So sorry the minor things were so obvious.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the balcony does not overlook the AC units.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed one night while we were in town for a concert and enjoyed "splurging" on this hotel. The room was expensive but beautiful and the lobby is breathtaking. Found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The only minor down side was the extended wait to get our car out of valet parking. I would recommend calling ahead for your car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Sheraton Music City Hotel on our way to Gatlinburg. The Hotel is beautiful! When checking in the desk clerk was so very nice and helpful. The room was nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable. My view wasn't the best but I got a good deal on the room and we were just passing through. When we make this trip next year I will stay here again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family