“Nice Rooms and friendly staff”

Sheraton Music City Hotel
Ranked #52 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just returned for the Chet Atkins Appreciation Society Convention held here for 4 days. Staff was very accommodating. We requested a refrigerator and received one within 30 minutes. This is an older hotel, however the rooms are large and the beds very comfortable. The only draw back are the small bathrooms and there was no self-laundry service. The property is beautiful and nicely landscaped. The court yard and pool area are very pretty. It is a short distance to Country Music Hall of Fame and the Grand Ole Opry and many restaurants in the area. The convention hall was very cold but other areas of the hotel were fine. We did not dine at the hotel. Overall it was a very nice stay and we will return for next years convention.

Room Tip: Any floor is fine, but a court yard view with the balcony is certainly a plus.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthia L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,763)

996 - 1,002 of 1,763 reviews

Reviewed 16 July 2014

For the price, it is definitely worth it. I would stay there again. The only thing is I wish it was closer to Downtown Nashville. The hotel is a little out of the city I thought.
great room service.
great food.
nice restaurant with bar area

Room Tip: Balcony view overlooking the courtyard from my room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sissy3664
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was our first trip to Nashville and there were a lot of hotels to choose from. I have always liked the Sheraton hotels I've stayed in before and this one did not disappoint. Beautiful property with all the amenities. Was a great value compared to all the hotels located downtown. My family is a fan of country music and we've been waiting for my youngest to turn 21 to make this trip. We had a great time listening to all the country bands, and we will definitely be back. Probably the nicest feature to me was the available shuttle service to downtown. Did not have to worry about driving or parking.... and drinking. Short shuttle ride to downtown, dropped off right in the heart of the action. Great trip!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Matthew P
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My family was visiting Nashville for my sister's graduation. I was traveling with my two 15 pound dogs, so I was specifically looking for a pet-friendly hotel that did not charge a deposit or fees. I saw hotels charging $25-$50 per night per pet, plus a $100-$250 nonrefundable deposit. I stayed here for three nights and was pleased with my stay. The hotel is located in Nashville, but is not surrounded by all the hustle and bustle. I walked my dogs every night and could only vaguely hear the sounds of the highway nearby. The price of this hotel was a bit of a splurge for me and I'm not sorry I spent the extra money!

As many other reviewers stated, the beds are amazing. My sisters couldn't say enough about how great the beds were. I had no complaints about the room being dated unlike some of the other reviews I read. I suppose I am easier to impress since this was probably one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. The room was clean and included a fridge. My sisters went to the pool and had no complaints.

We were placed near the back of the hotel, by one of the entrances. This was very convenient for me having dogs along for the trip. The first night I was walking my dogs in the back of the hotel after midnight and heard a dog howling and barking. I discovered he was left in the back of a truck with only a window cracked. It was in the 80s and muggy, entirely too hot for a dog to be in the car overnight. When I got back to my room I called the frontdesk to complain. The next morning around 7ish, we went back out for a potty break and the dog was gone. I have no idea how the staff found the owner since they didn't collect car make/model or license plate information at check-in, but I was glad the dog was no longer out there.

On my last morning I ordered room service because I was solo and couldn't leave my dogs in the hotel room or the car. The breakfast was pretty outrageously priced, but it was good. I had scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, hash browns and OJ and I believe the total was in the $20 area. The price for convenience! The lady that delivered my breakfast was afraid of dogs, so that should be something for the hotel to take in to account. My dogs got very excited when they heard the knock on the door and I have a jumper. They are harmless, but I'm not fond of the idea of someone delivering my food that is scared of dogs. That just seems mean.

I didn't explore much further than my room, so the only other thing I have to say is the lobby is very nice. I can't speak for much else. I would suggest more places to dispose of dog waste in the back of the hotel. Overall, I enjoyed the stay and had no major complaints. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I saw this hotel advertises in the Living Social media website. The pictures shown were beautiful and the advertised price was very good. We only live a 2 1/2 hour drive from Nashville, so we thought we'd book a weekend getaway for our anniversary. The hotel is a little secluded up on a hill and the building looks massive. I was impressed with the interior as we entered the lobby. I noticed there were a lot of "senior" guests around, and found out that there was a convention going on for the VFW association. The room we were assigned was nice and large. Everything was clean and fresh. I was surprised that it did not contain a microwave and small refrigerator because there was plenty of room to accommodate both. The balcony off our room faced the inside courtyard where the outside pool was located -- that was a pleasant view. Our room had a king size bed, but to me, the mattress was hard and it made my back hurt. The door to the room wasn't well insulated or something because we could hear hallway noise/talking very easily. We ate dinner at the Old Hickory Grill that was onsite. We experienced a nice atmosphere, excellent service, and good food. Plus, they gave us two discounted coupons that we could use in the restaurants which made the cost of our dinner very, very minimal (that was a complete surprise!). We walked around to check out the indoor pool, exercise room, and Jacuzzi. We didn't get to use these amenities, but they did look inviting. Overall, it's a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is convenient and comfortable. The pool is beautiful and pleasant (not too loud or overloaded with kids), and the poolview rooms are top notch. Sheraton Music City is my favorite hotel for business travel to Nashville due to the consistency, cleanliness, on-site restaurant and bar, and pool. It's a fabulous home away from home, and it is one of the only affordable hotels that has patios/balconies, which make for a great place to spend time outdoors while traveling.

Room Tip: Request pool/courtyard room if you plan to spend time on your balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel - the people that work here assist you with everything. They booked a shuttle downtown for me - it did not show up so the guy from the hotel drove me in his private car.

Room was good and te Sheraton bed amazing as always. Breakfast nice too - especially the fresh fruit for a healthy start in the morning.

Stayed: July 2014