“NOT dog friendly, or friendly at all.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Music City Hotel
Ranked #49 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chesapeake, Virginia
“NOT dog friendly, or friendly at all.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel was average as far as cleanliness, and the location was random, so if you don't mind those things then you're fine, stay here. IF you are traveling with a dog and think you have found the hotel for you, THINK AGAIN. We were told at check-in there would be a $100 fee if a complaint was made about our dog barking and we could not get there in a reasonable time to calm her down. They also claimed they would check on the room to confirm the complaint. INSTEAD, the hotel called us and said a complaint was made so we will INSTANTLY be charged a fee. We arrived within 10 minutes and our dog was not barking AT ALL when we arrived. My husband talked to the staff and they told him they didn't hear her barking either....but we were still being charged. If this hotel just wants to charge at automatic $100 pet fee, that's what they should call it up front. That way pet lovers will find elsewhere to stay. ADDITIONALLY, don't leave any items behind in your room. Sadly, I left my hair straightener behind and I called the hotel the next day, they told me I had to leave a voicemail with lost and found and they would contact me promptly. I called lost and found every other day for over a week and received NO call back. I finally had to force someone to talk to me on the phone and they said they might have my item. I told them I left a black Sedu hair straightener behind and 24 hours later they finally called me back about my REVLON CURLING IRON. Yeah, not exactly my Sedu hair straightener. Obviously I know you should always check your room before you leave, but I have left items behind at hotels on a few occasions and the staff saved my items for me. No such luck at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DaniFarris
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
We apologize for your less than desirable stay during what should have been enjoyable.
We are sorry our pet policy was not communicated properly to you and our lost and found team didn’t answer promptly to your voice mail.
If there is anything we can do to change your mind about staying with us again, we would love another opportunity to provide you with the kind of service that we know the Sheraton Music City is capable of providing. All of the feedback you provided will help us in our daily quest for excellence and in providing exceptional service.
Again, we are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and in falling short in providing exceptional care to you while here, we do genuinely apologize.

Warm regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I attended a business conference there and it was perfectly set up for this. It is in the middle of an industrial park by the airport, so if you are coming for the nightlife or downtown attractions, another hotel would be better. It is a 25.00 cab ride from downtown, putting the round trip at 50.00. I needed to pick up a prescription while I was there- another $9 cab ride. Nothing is within walking distance. There is a shuttle that goes downtown on the hour, which works well if you are going down for weekend sightseeing but not good for appointments. The room was fine and unremarkable, the bar was nice. I only ate in the restaurant once for lunch, and it was fine, but not exceptional.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a long walk from the elevator. There are no rooms with a view to speak of.
Green Features: I heard the person checking in next to me getting the description of the service but it wasn't offered to me.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a St. Louis Blues vs. Nashville Predators game. I loved the hotel! Clean and friendly. The balcony is awesome. The only thing is, the hallways are confusing, but that's so minor that it doesn't matter. I recommend it for sure.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank AlyJane90
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This beautiful hidden gem sits at the top of a hill in the Music City area, of Nashville. It is not too far from the airport and the hotel has a air conditioned Shuttle. The lobby has a beautiful fountain in the center a grand piano singing little walk again. It has the shoeshine station a sunk in bar upon entrance, and the front desk is a grandeur of beautifully polished oak wood. This is a pet friendly and family friendly hotel. The have in outdoor pool, well lit, with restaurant seating. A few gazebos for privacy. The have an up to date exercise center adjacent to the indoor pool and large hot tub. Large rooms with complimentary Disani waters and Starbucks coffee. The have the most fulfilling breakfast buffet , I've seen ever for a hotel. The hold a 4 diamond rating from AAA, but is a 5 star jewel. Plum trees on the property. Just a overall romantic place, that's been well maintained and truly cared for. Worth every dollar!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family recently drove from KC to SC, we stopped in Nashville on the way there and again on the way home 10 days later.
Our first stay was AMAZING!! Super sweet staff, great room, clean room, kid friendly (there was a nice size pool, and a kiddy pool, also an indoor pool that we never visited because it was sunny and hot both stays!) There were both kids and adults enjoying the pool area. Beds were comfy, bathroom was clean, and they were quick to deliver when we asked for more towels. Needless to say we knew we would stay here on our way back through.
SOOO I called and scheduled our second stay - I was told that we could check in early, no problem, because check in was at 3:00 but we would be hitting town no later than 12:00. I was also promised a bigger room, on the 2nd floor, pool side. Also, since we are "preferred guests" they would include breakfast! We were so excited!! We got there a little after noon (after being in the car for over 8 hours with 2 and 5 year olds) when I went to check in they looked at me like I had a third eye in my forehead and informed me that check in is not until 3. I explained our early check in request and guarantee - he said there were no notes and everything that I had been promised was not noted and they couldn't get us into a room at that time. He took my phone number and offered put me on the WAIT LIST and call when a room was ready. I took the kids into the bathroom and changed them into swimsuits and headed to the pool. It was PACKED! Crazy town packed. Bachelor/bachelorette parties, girls weekends, business pros, everyone was drinking and having a great time. I'm not complaining, it was fine with us BUT after 3 hours out there and no phone call I started to get a little ancy. My husband went in and asked about the room (mind you its AFTER 3 now) they gave him a key. Being the amazing hubs he is, he went to the car, got the bags and moved us into the room before coming out to get us. When he did get us, I found out we were on the 3rd floor, opposite side of pool with a view of a roof. AWESOME. I went down to talk to the manager (who wasn't available at noon when I first requested) and wasn't allowed to speak to them in person. The front desk staff "relayed" what I was saying to the manager....they did end up giving us 2 complementary breakfasts, which we were promised from the beginning, but I still never saw the managers face? When we got up to the room, it wasn't any bigger, wasn't clean, and wasn't stocked with basics (coffee, wet clothes bags, cups etc). We were tired and annoyed at this point so we just ordered some room service so we could let the girls nap. Food really wasn't good, and I'm not just saying that because we were annoyed, it wasn't warm but was overcooked? and the broccoli was yellow! Eeks Lastly, we hit breakfast at 6:30 before we got on the road. The waiter was rude, we ordered 2 apple juices and 2 coffees and he brought 2 orange juices and 1 coffee and that's how the entire experience was for breakfast. Never got our water, he didn't remove ONE plate, glass, napkin etc from the table they were piled up around us (I wish I would have snapped a picture) and when he never brought our condiments we requested I set out to find him...he was getting a shoulder massage on the other side of the dining area. Wow.
ANYWAYS ~ We had two very different experiences, the first one was so awesome, but the 2nd one was just so bad we probably will go elsewhere next trip.
Oh! And little side note, I like not reacting when people assume I don't speak spanish. It was fun to hear what the rude/inappropriate cleaning ladies were saying about me as they stared me down when I was walking down the hall.

Room Tip: Make sure you get names of everyone you speak to -
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Sara S
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The moment we stepped to the check in Brenna Sovine was super nice! She explained everything to us about the hotel and restaurant. She made us feel that the Sheraton was the right choice. We stayed on the club lounge floor and the lounge was a plus the continental breakfast was excellent. The staff that worked it did a superb job also.

Green Features: Offered room service denial and they donate money to a good cause if you choose it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
Chuckey, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel has an outdoor pool, exercise room, hot tub, indoor pool and great convention facility. I recently attended a 1,300 people convention that was more than adequately accommodated for. Friendly staff and great amenities. Very comfortable beds.

Room Tip: free wifi with sherwood honor member.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends