“Would love to stay again!”

Sheraton Music City Hotel
Ranked #54 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

It's a beautiful hotel, but what really makes it amazing is how friendly and accommodating the staff is!! We were staying here for a concert downtown, which was not very close, but the staff helped us to find a shuttle. Our room wasn't quite ready when we arrived, so they offered us a free breakfast in the morning! They also helped us to upgrade our room, and didn't charge us! I really wish we could have stayed longer as we didn't get to enjoy the amenities. If given another opportunity, we would stay here 100 times over!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Kimandcharlesnelson
Write a ReviewReviews (1,757)

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in the process of re-carpeting the guest rooms. When we tried to get down the hall to our guestroom the hall was blocked with furniture, mattresses, workmen and housekeeping staff. It was a fiasco. Torn up carpet was in the hall as well. Very poor planning to book rooms in a frenzy of remodeling.

Stayed: August 2014
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. First and foremost, please accept my sincerest apologies for the unsatisfactory experience you had during your time with us. I agree the workmen and housekeepers should have been aware and proactive in making sure that they were not causing a disturbance to our guests. Whilst the situation that you encountered at our hotel was rare, but that does not make it any more right. I will certainly discuss the issues you faced with the rest of the management team to ensure that we make the needed changes.
I hope that despite this experience you will come and visit us and enjoy our new refreshed look!

Thanks,
Emma S
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Called ahead and booked our reservation, got a great rate for our 2 days, overlooking the gardens by the pool and a nice deck to enjoy coffee, very clean and great friendly staff. Took shuttles to the downtown area and grand ole oprey, great dropoff and pickup , not a problem at all, very flexable and didn';t have to worry about driving - AARP and TIPLE A are available, make sure you you ask about them

Room Tip: I would imagine that all rooms are quiet , very large place
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel was great. Very nice grounds and the staff seemed very nice. The only complaint is the layout of the hotel. Our room was in the back of the hotel and we were recommended by the front desk to drive around to the back entrance. We did this but the only entrances we could find around back were ones with several steps going up. Just slightly annoying since we had a ton of luggage and had just driven ten hours. Aside from this, everything else was good.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel was average as far as cleanliness, and the location was random, so if you don't mind those things then you're fine, stay here. IF you are traveling with a dog and think you have found the hotel for you, THINK AGAIN. We were told at check-in there would be a $100 fee if a complaint was made about our dog barking and we could not get there in a reasonable time to calm her down. They also claimed they would check on the room to confirm the complaint. INSTEAD, the hotel called us and said a complaint was made so we will INSTANTLY be charged a fee. We arrived within 10 minutes and our dog was not barking AT ALL when we arrived. My husband talked to the staff and they told him they didn't hear her barking either....but we were still being charged. If this hotel just wants to charge at automatic $100 pet fee, that's what they should call it up front. That way pet lovers will find elsewhere to stay. ADDITIONALLY, don't leave any items behind in your room. Sadly, I left my hair straightener behind and I called the hotel the next day, they told me I had to leave a voicemail with lost and found and they would contact me promptly. I called lost and found every other day for over a week and received NO call back. I finally had to force someone to talk to me on the phone and they said they might have my item. I told them I left a black Sedu hair straightener behind and 24 hours later they finally called me back about my REVLON CURLING IRON. Yeah, not exactly my Sedu hair straightener. Obviously I know you should always check your room before you leave, but I have left items behind at hotels on a few occasions and the staff saved my items for me. No such luck at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaniFarris
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

We apologize for your less than desirable stay during what should have been enjoyable.
We are sorry our pet policy was not communicated properly to you and our lost and found team didn’t answer promptly to your voice mail.
If there is anything we can do to change your mind about staying with us again, we would love another opportunity to provide you with the kind of service that we know the Sheraton Music City is capable of providing. All of the feedback you provided will help us in our daily quest for excellence and in providing exceptional service.
Again, we are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and in falling short in providing exceptional care to you while here, we do genuinely apologize.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I attended a business conference there and it was perfectly set up for this. It is in the middle of an industrial park by the airport, so if you are coming for the nightlife or downtown attractions, another hotel would be better. It is a 25.00 cab ride from downtown, putting the round trip at 50.00. I needed to pick up a prescription while I was there- another $9 cab ride. Nothing is within walking distance. There is a shuttle that goes downtown on the hour, which works well if you are going down for weekend sightseeing but not good for appointments. The room was fine and unremarkable, the bar was nice. I only ate in the restaurant once for lunch, and it was fine, but not exceptional.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a long walk from the elevator. There are no rooms with a view to speak of.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a St. Louis Blues vs. Nashville Predators game. I loved the hotel! Clean and friendly. The balcony is awesome. The only thing is, the hallways are confusing, but that's so minor that it doesn't matter. I recommend it for sure.

Stayed: February 2014