“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

This is a very nice hotel! The hotel has that wonderful old world glamor. The lobby is stunning! The all the staff is very gracious, and welcoming. The rooms vary in size, some have more windows than others, all rooms are nicely appointed. The bathrooms are large very nice. There is a lovely turn-down service in the evening. We did not eat at the hotel, but Nashville has wonderful restaurants and the staff can take care of making reservations for you. The hotel is centrally located to walk to many attractions in the city, but that depends on how much you like to walk and if you don't mind small hills. There is a nice coffee service in the morning and in the afternoon in the fall very nice hot cider and yummy cookies. Restaurants we tried were Puckett's for lunch, Loveless Cafe and Pancake Pantry for breakfast, Germantown Cafe, Sunset Grille and Park Cafe. I would go back to all but the biscuits at the Loveless Cafe were not what people have raved about.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I write this review because I would like to warn anyone who is considering staying in this hotel to consider other options. I am have traveled to most cities within the US and abroad and this was by far the worst experience I have ever had. My girlfriends and I flew into town to see Nashville and were incredibly excited about staying at the Hermitage, in fact I had done much research to ensure our stay would be the highlight of our trip. We upgraded to a very nice suite to accommodate us. We went out that evening and we were up late visiting and laughing, no music, no drinking, nothing we were just in the lounge area talking. We were then given a noise complaint, after our noise complaint we were upset because we felt we had done no wrong however, we had another knock on the door with another warning and we went to bed. We were all sound asleep when the "room service attendees" told us we had 20 minutes to leave or we would be arrested. I have never been threatened in that way or even had a minor run in with the law.

They stood with the door open to the hallway as we threw our things together in a haze and ran us out of the hotel like we were criminals. As we were leaving and in tears a guest yelled "Have fun in California you w***es!" Needless to say, I was absolutely appalled. I have never in my life been spoken to in such a manner and I am not from California so the comment truly was shocking.

We were then thrown into an already waiting cab that drove us to a Holiday Inn in the downtown Nashville which is incredibly unsafe. If things were not already bad enough the cab driver took off with a bag of my things including my work laptop that held all of my work documents. So, we were thrown out of the Hermitage hotel at 5 am, thrown into a waiting car, left at a Holiday Inn, and robbed.

The Hermitage hotel never called us for a follow up, never responded to our theft, never answered anything for us but they wanted to charge us for the full stay! After everything they are trying to charge us $1,500 a night for 3 nights! Currently, we are working with the police and American Express to drop them from a sponsored luxury hotel. This is to warn you please do not stay at the Hermitage Hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
19 Thank Julia N
Janet K, Public Relations Manager at Hermitage Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
For our current and future guests, we take the comfort of our visitors very seriously. Our policy about excessive noise is clearly stated on our registration cards that are signed by all guests at the time of check in. At the time of a complaint, we go immediately to the room that is being disruptive and ask the guests to quiet down. In almost all cases this is enough. Of course, it is always our goal to resolve these situations without asking guests to leave. However, when guests refuse to quiet down and escalate the noise level, our hands are tied. It is extremely rare, but from time to time, circumstances arise in which a person or persons will be asked to leave a hotel to ensure other guests enjoy their stay.

Though this particular review is riddled with missing details and inaccuracies, intentional or not, the fact remains that we will not tolerate guests whose behavior is disruptive to other guests. If anyone reading this has ever stayed at a hotel where someone was loud at 3:00 in the morning, I am sure they will understand why hotels have these policies. Please know that we look forward to welcoming you to The Hermitage Hotel.

Janet Kurtz
Director of Sales & Marketing
jkurtz@thehermitagehotel.com
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I recently stayed at this property, having been told that it is the only 5-star hotel in the state of Tennessee. It had a beautiful southern interior but I wasnt even greeted by a bellman at the front door upon arrival. We stayed for a few nights and I noticed small red bumps on my body and my husband's towards the end of the stay. We brought it to the hotel staff's attention and they completely dismissed us. Upon returning home we went to the doctor who informed us it in fact bed bugs. We've had to exterminate our entire house for bed bugs!

• Stayed November 2010
12 Thank CaliTravelLover
Janet K, Public Relations Manager at Hermitage Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
This response is presented for the purpose of information, hopefully of interest to hotel users at large, to our possible future guests, and to our many thousands of returning guests. First, our ongoing practice for pest prevention is proactive and is administered by a nationally recognized, licensed provider. In the rare instance of a claim by a guest or employee, the room involved is locked, inspected by two trained members of our staff, and then by the pest control provider. The results are then shared with the complainant, and we, as an extra measure of safety, have the pest control company re-treat the room. Finally, to date, we have not experienced a verified infestation in any room.

We would still love the opportunity to respond directly to the user who posted this review. Though there is not any specific contact information or other details regarding this stay, we do intend to treat this, and any other claims seriously. Current and future guests can rest assured that The Hermitage Hotel is the top place to stay in Nashville.

Janet Kurtz
Director of Sales & Marketing
jkurtz@thehermitagehotel.com
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 October 2011

It began with the genuinely friendly welcome at the door and the help getting to Registration. And it continued at the registration desk -- warmth, hospitality and willingness to help. Plus efficiency -- I was in my room very quickly. The room was commodious, comfortable and very well-appointed. When I needed coffee at 4 AM, they got it, even though room service begins later. No "we're closed, call back later." The restaurant serving breakfast was bright, cheery, crisp and also very friendly. The food is excellent. On a previous stay I had a chance to enjoy the bar. Also a pleasure. And finally the check-out. Quick, efficient and easy, but most of all they make you want to get back as soon as you can. This hotel is a real gem.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Beverly Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stay at the Hermitage every time I travel to Nashville, TN. It is an excellent hotel from the rooms to the staff! Expect elegance and great service!

In addition, check out the Capital Grill in their lower level for a drink and or a bite to eat at the bar with Deb .... she is a delight!

Fantastic hotel pick!!!

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter" •"Corner suites are large and sunny"...