“Great despite 100+ weather” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hermitage Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #3 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
New York, NY
“Great despite 100+ weather”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

Perfect hotel. Really no need to repeat what others have said but service was cheerful, friendly without being intrusive and professional. The room and the entire hotel was spotless as well as gorgeous. The bathroom in our standard king room was enormous with two sinks, a tub and separate shower. We walked to Broadway to the honkytonks, which are only a few blocks away, to the Country Music Hall of Fame (a must even if you aren't into country music) and also walked to the Vanderbilt neighborhood (even in the extreme heat). The Parthenon replica in Centennial Park across from Vanderbilt is definitely worth a visit-- we almost skipped it-- for the structure itself, the exhibit on the Centennial and the art exhibits. Grand Old Opry was a hoot--it is out of town and if you don't have a car it's. $25 cab ride but we thought it was worth it for the experience. Overall, The Hermitage Hotel and Nashville have been an extremely enjoyable experience ( despite the heat).

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

This hotel was absolutely perfect. I have thought long and hard and cannot come up with one complaint about our stay here. My mom had purchased a family trip to Nashville for everyone for Christmas, there were 8 of us, all adults. Each one of us shared the same opinion of the Hermitage (and it is very tough to get us to all see eye to eye - we are a family, as all do we disagree on everything!), but we all loved every second of our stay! When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff - I even said at one point during our trip that I felt like they wanted us to ask questions, they seemed so happy to have us staying there. The hotel itself celebrated its 100th anniversary only 2 years ago, and the decor was fabulous- vintage and beautiful. The rooms were large and we comfortably fit 4 in each room. We raved all week about how well we were sleeping on such comfortable mattresses- I even found all the information on the bedding in the boutique so that I could have it all at home! We enjoyed coffee and tea each morning by the lobby, and each night we arrived back to a room with soft music playing, cookies and water at the bedside, and a robe and slippers laid out- I felt like a queen! My sister in law raved about the bathroom all week, and she was right - it was great! The bathroom had a large tub, separate room for the toilet, and a shower with great water pressure - very important in my opinion! There was also a television in each bathroom and a full length mirror in each room. I could go on and on about the little details that made our stay here absolutely perfect! We will stay here again!!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing, but some have a pretty view of the State Capital!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenna I
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

My husband loves visiting Nashville to catch the local music scene and we have stayed at two different hotels prior to staying at the Hermitage and they were fine, but our stay at the Hermitage was incredible. The staff was so friendly and helpful and remembered our names throughout our stay. The lobby was gorgeous and the room was so large, and the bathroom was beautiful (I am a sucker for a TV in the bathroom.) We ordered room service, and couldn't believe how affordable and delicious it was. Everything from Day 1 until the time we left was just perfect. There is no doubt the next time we are in town we are returning to the Hermitage.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner/end room and it was enormous, but not sure if the rooms in the center of the h...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Tupelo, Mississippi, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful hotel over Memorial Day weekend. Even though the hotel was quite busy, the staff made us feel as if we were the only guests there. The lobby is breath-taking and worth sitting in and enjoying. Our room was fabulous! Deep soaking tub, separate tiled shower, and flat screen tv made the bathroom perfect for relaxing. The coffee and muffins in the lobby were a nice way to start our day.

On a final note, my husband became ill on our second day and had a hot fever. Our bellboy filled a bag with ice and wrapped it in a towel for our trip home. Above and beyond service!!

• Stayed May 2012
washington dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

My husband and I spent a long weekend at The Hermitage in early May and enjoyed every minute of it. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are spacious, comfortable and quiet. The hotel staff personified southern hospitality.
The location is great, close to The Ryman, Bridgestone Arena and Broadway.
Anyone staying in Nashville should check out The Oak Bar. It is a great place to have drinks - the bartender makes a great Mint Julep.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Fairfield, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel is phenominal. I stay here once or twice a year for business, and it is a real treat each time. This is an old school hotel; very elegant, beautifully restored and kept, with a staff that is top notch. It's also right downtown, less than a 5 minute walk to Broadway where all the restaurants/bars/nightlife are.

You will be greeted promptly curbside, asked your name, and when you walk up the stairs of the beautiful lobby, you are then greeted by name at the front desk upon check in. Also, as a thank you/welcome back, they had left personalized stationery on the desk in my room this time.

The entire staff here is highly trained and it shows. Plus, they're EVERYWHERE throughout the hotel, always asking if they can help with anything.

The rooms/bathroom are beautiful and comfortable. The bed is out of this world. I suffer from chronic low back pain and these beds actually relieve my pain. I believe they're the same mattresses used at Four Seasons hotels, and you can buy them through the gift shop (they're not avail for sale to the general public). My only "complaint" is I noticed the last few stays that the carpet in the room should probably be replaced. Other than that everything is perfect.

If you're going to Nashville and are willing to pay more $$, stay at the Hermitage, you'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is NOT on the inside/courtyard side of the hallways.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

We wanted to give my cousin the best for her Bachelorette Party and that's exactly what we did! Arriving at this hotel with gift bags of half naked men doesn't really go over too well though lol.
This hotel is gorgeous and the rooms were big and very comfortable.

Now for the bad... We were threatened to be kicked out twice by the concierge. The first time for being loud but I am not really sure what the second time was for? There was only 3 of us in the room and we were being anything but loud!

But in their defense they did let us have full run of the hotel lobby at 3:00 a.m. 18 girls and booze with pizza..we were very grateful!

I would stay here again but not for a crazy girls weekend..there are better options in Nashville for that I'm sure;)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends