“weekend getaway”

Ranked #3 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
“weekend getaway”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I spent two glorious nights at the Hermitage and will happily take a "staycation" there again! From the valet to the concierge, front desk to the waiters - everything was sublime. The beds are amazingly comfy with the softest sheets EVER! The rooms are large and well appointed. And did I mention the food. So yummy!! And we had great fun being downtown in our hometown exploring. Can't say enough about what a lovely time we had.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I've stayed here 2x. Once for business, once with my wife. Location is great! Can walk to Country music HOF, new convention center, all of the bars! Service is outstanding! We had a fantastic meal at the restaurant. Food was expensive but worth it. However, value you get for the price of a room is outstanding!!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Always enjoy staying at The Hermitage! It's all been said but . . . amazing service, wonderful staff, delicious food, beautiful lobby and rooms . . . their personal touch is unparalleled. Always consistent!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
key largo
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We spent three nights at the Hermitage. I enjoyed getting to read about the history of this grand hotel. The breakfast downstairs was excellent. Room was very large and clean. Desk service was excellent. Door men and all staff that I spoke too were the best. I would have like to go in a pool or jacuzzi but they didn't have one although they have a spa.

New York, NY
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

Perfect hotel. Really no need to repeat what others have said but service was cheerful, friendly without being intrusive and professional. The room and the entire hotel was spotless as well as gorgeous. The bathroom in our standard king room was enormous with two sinks, a tub and separate shower. We walked to Broadway to the honkytonks, which are only a few blocks away, to the Country Music Hall of Fame (a must even if you aren't into country music) and also walked to the Vanderbilt neighborhood (even in the extreme heat). The Parthenon replica in Centennial Park across from Vanderbilt is definitely worth a visit-- we almost skipped it-- for the structure itself, the exhibit on the Centennial and the art exhibits. Grand Old Opry was a hoot--it is out of town and if you don't have a car it's. $25 cab ride but we thought it was worth it for the experience. Overall, The Hermitage Hotel and Nashville have been an extremely enjoyable experience ( despite the heat).

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This hotel was absolutely perfect. I have thought long and hard and cannot come up with one complaint about our stay here. My mom had purchased a family trip to Nashville for everyone for Christmas, there were 8 of us, all adults. Each one of us shared the same opinion of the Hermitage (and it is very tough to get us to all see eye to eye - we are a family, as all do we disagree on everything!), but we all loved every second of our stay! When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff - I even said at one point during our trip that I felt like they wanted us to ask questions, they seemed so happy to have us staying there. The hotel itself celebrated its 100th anniversary only 2 years ago, and the decor was fabulous- vintage and beautiful. The rooms were large and we comfortably fit 4 in each room. We raved all week about how well we were sleeping on such comfortable mattresses- I even found all the information on the bedding in the boutique so that I could have it all at home! We enjoyed coffee and tea each morning by the lobby, and each night we arrived back to a room with soft music playing, cookies and water at the bedside, and a robe and slippers laid out- I felt like a queen! My sister in law raved about the bathroom all week, and she was right - it was great! The bathroom had a large tub, separate room for the toilet, and a shower with great water pressure - very important in my opinion! There was also a television in each bathroom and a full length mirror in each room. I could go on and on about the little details that made our stay here absolutely perfect! We will stay here again!!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing, but some have a pretty view of the State Capital!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenna I
NYC
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My husband loves visiting Nashville to catch the local music scene and we have stayed at two different hotels prior to staying at the Hermitage and they were fine, but our stay at the Hermitage was incredible. The staff was so friendly and helpful and remembered our names throughout our stay. The lobby was gorgeous and the room was so large, and the bathroom was beautiful (I am a sucker for a TV in the bathroom.) We ordered room service, and couldn't believe how affordable and delicious it was. Everything from Day 1 until the time we left was just perfect. There is no doubt the next time we are in town we are returning to the Hermitage.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner/end room and it was enormous, but not sure if the rooms in the center of the h...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple