“Lovely stay in this charming hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hermitage Hotel

Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #3 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Honolulu
“Lovely stay in this charming hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We always feel pampered when we visit the Hermitage. The service is great and the location perfect. The concierge is extremely helpful and the bar downstairs is always welcoming.
Only thing different this visit was the reception personnel were not very warm and inviting for some reason (not rude, but not what we have experienced in the past).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AlohaHonolulu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had met a young woman who worked at this hotel when we were traveling in France. She was understandably very proud of it and that is what drew us to booking a stay there. Her pride was well-founded. The public spaces are gorgeous and well maintained, the room that we had was lovely and elegantly proportioned. And the service was the best we'd experienced since our stay at Ashford Castle (and we travel a lot). This isn't a location with a view but it is walking distance to the Honky Tonks and several good restaurants. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Nashville and I wish there were more hotels like this elsewhere.

Room Tip: We were happy with the room they gave us so can't comment on any others. We were on the ninth f...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lalalalaLola
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in August 2013 while visiting Nashville. The entrance, lobby and accomodations are all grande. I was so pleased to stay here I didn't want to leave. The service is impeccable ( we wanted an Italian dinner - reservations and taxi accomodations were made - the restaurant was excellent). From the ombience when you arrive straight through while you're in this hotel you are treated with the utmost of grace and respect. The cost is a bit more than we would normally pay however, it's like stepping into a museum. Everything is old but restored. The beds were very comfortable! I really didn't want to leave and suggest that if you're staying in downtown Nashville then this is the place to stay. Restaurants in the hotel are also recommended - but not if you're on a budget....be free and spend a few bucks on you - you won't regret it at this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HeatherToronto
Basque Country
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We visited Nashville last month and, as expected, the city was lots of fun and a great place to spend a few days. I am positive our experience was further enhanced by the wonderful stay we had at this superb hotel. Granted, it is expensive but not much more than several other Nashville properties, quite a few of them on inferior categories to booth.

So, as I have already said everything was perfect from beginning to end. Right from the moment of our arrival our luggage was promptly taken care of by the very professional entry staff and the front desk ladies provided us with information regarding almost every detail of the property, as well as the city. I particularly liked the fact that their recommendations were not only limited to the most obvious and touristy attractions and restaurants, but also extended to those areas that are less frequented by tourists.

The hotel is an attraction in itself dating to the early 20th century, with lots of marble, a classic (and classy) touch, high ceilings, different spaces and modern facilities to cater for picky guests (the Capitol Grille is very recommendable also). Also, its location is perfect, right in the heart of downown and yet in a quiet area that allows the guests to properly rest. The Tennessee Capitol is right around the corner and other attractions such as the Ryman, Broadway bars, the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Cumberland river and the likes are within a short walking distance. Even the Vanderbilt area is not that far way on foot.

Our room was very spacious, with a superbly appointed bathroom (separate bath-tub and shower areas, fortunately), flatscreen TV, a working desk, Nespresso machine (not that I am a fan, but nice touch nonetheless) and a super-comfortable bed. Also, the walk-in closet was more than adequate to store your luggage and clothes. Housekeeping service provided by the mostly Filipino maids was also excellent.

The coffee-to-go idea in the morning is great if you don't want to spend a long time having breakfast. Oh, and as I said I love the fact that the hotel ives attention to little details such as providing runners like myself with vearious running options or treating guests with cookies in the evening. Believe, those cookies are TO DIE FOR and I don't even have a sweet tooth.

All in all a lovely stay in Nashville. If I were you and were looking for properties within a certain price range, I wouldn't bother to look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liilak
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Let me start by saying that I love this hotel but as in my last stay there were a few niggles. The building is amazing its like stepping back in time. My junior suite was a very good size and the bathroom was beautiful, my first niggle is to do with the details, upon arrival the curtains at both windows were off the track at the corners, I called down to ask for them to be repaired and nothing happened !! I went down the following day and spoke to a manger about them and another problem ( more about that in a moment ) and she was very apologetic and said she would sort it out, when I returned at the end of the day one side had been repaired and as it was the worst one I let the matter drop. In fairness she did follow up and checked that everything was ok so points for that. My second niggle was with room service, the service itself was great the server was very nice ( as are all the staff ) and patient. The food however was not quite so good I ordered a very expensive steak to be cooked medium, mashed potatoes and charred sprouts. the food arrived in good time but the steak was very undercooked and I had no choice but to return it, when the steak returned it was the same piece of meat that had just been put back on the grill, this is after it had left the kitchen, come up to me, waited around to be collected, gone back down to the kitchen and then been put back on the grill I am not sure how safe this was, the vegetables where the same ones that had not been reheated so were cold and no dessert was ever served. The server told me that there had been a mistake and I had been sent the wrong steak in the first place. I spoke to the same manager ( see above ) who was very nice and straight away took it off my account, which was very nice but surely a hotel of this standard should never have let the above mistakes happen !! I had also asked to be in a room away from the building works which although I wasn't directly in front of them they were clearly visible and audible.However after all that I have said would I stay there again ? YES IN A NASHVILLE MINUTE !!

Room Tip: there is a lot of building work going on around the hotel so ask to be away from it
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank djh2601
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Loved this hotel! This was my first trip to Nashville and could not have been happier where we stayed. The hotel is beautiful with excellent detail and service. Everybody I encountered was so polite and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were huge. Turndown service included a couple of cookies by your bed. And they were sooo good! You could easily walk to the main drag with all the music and bars. This is a great place to stay if you are visiting Nashville

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JPBJMB
Greenwich, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We just spent 3 nights at the Hermitage Hotel in Nashville. This Southern "belle" is in the heart of downtown and within walking distance to a number of attractions.

The hotel is a grand old hotel that's been in business over 100 years. It is beautifully maintained, with large, nicely appointed rooms.

The hotel staff, from the bellhops to the waiters and the concierge couldn't be better. Within a half hour of arriving, everyone knew our names. We were treated like pampered guests, with genuine hospitality and graciousness.

The food is also very good. We enjoyed breakfasts fit for a king, as well as drinks and snacks at the adjoining, crowd pleasing bar. All in all, a truly wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple