“The warmth of a historic hotel with modern amenities”

The Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Historic Hermitage Hotel is elegant. Fine dining is available in the luxurious Capitol Grille downstairs from the lobby. The warm Oak Bar is adjacent. This is a perfect spot for a drink before or after an evening on the town. The Hermitage Hotel is conveniently located in downtown Nashville.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,638)

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Many of us stayed here for four nights, we were part of a wedding party. I have to say that this hotel may be five star rated, that is quite incorrect, The Hermitage Hotel Nashville TN should be rated a 6 star hotel. We could not have expected any better than we we received in all areas, the food, the staff and the facility are second to none. We sincerely hope to return one day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adrian O
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Al Capone stayed here, and according to sources he had the owners install a secret escape for him in the first floor men's room!
I must confess, I did loiter with some friends and I took a trip up the elevator to view the halls. I never did stay here, but had I been rich enough to I certainly would've.
The outside of the hotel may fool you, but once you step inside it is purely dazzling.
PROS: Location, history and accommodations.
CONS: Price

Room Tip: The rooms facing the entrance side would have a view, but the others I believe are just a few feet f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank TheFloridaAdvisor
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed two nights and was pleasantly surprised at this historic hotel, service was excellent and overall hotel was better than most branded 4-5 star hotels. Great location and staff was awesome, they do whatever necessary to make sure your stay meets your expectations and is memorable.Although it seemed expensive at time of booking for Nashville , it was worth every penny,

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Hermitage Hotel on our wedding night. The hotel itself is beautifully appointed, and our room had a great view of the state capitol. The staff held our bags through the day and delivered them to our room in preparation of our arrival. We enjoyed breakfast delivered to our room in the morning and lunch at Capitol Grille.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is georgeous,the staff is friendly and the rooms are amazing. My favorite part was the claw foot bathtub with the television over it. I only stayed one night, got in late and left early, but I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 October 2013

It's true, the Hermitage is an exceptional hotel. From the minute we arrived and gave the doorman our name we were treated with gracious service from the car valet to the doorman to the desk folks. Ah, the wonders of technology--at check-in they already knew my name before I'd opened my mouth courtesy of a quick walkie-talkie word from the front door. Our room was spacious, the bathroom large and clean as a whistle. We wanted a cup of tea and rather than bringing the tea we got a tea kettle to keep for the duration of our stay, plus a selection of teas. Turn down with cookies, etc., etc., etc. It's hard to heap too much praise on this hotel and we'll stay here again should our travels bring us to Nashville. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple