“A Stunningly Southern Hotel”
Review of Hermitage Hotel

Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #3 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Stunningly Southern Hotel”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

The details of this exquisite property set it along my DC favorites (eg the Jefferson and the Hay Adams). This feels like an "old" luxury hotel should - a magnificent lobby with a powder blue veranda, the classic oak room bar, non-chain Capital Grill and tacky-but-its-not men's bathroom on the bottom floor. While the entrance opens onto a nondescript street, the elegance & charm of the Hermitage and it's team sets it's far apart from any other Nashville hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I'd read that this hotel was beautiful, but after stepping into the lobby, I could have sworn I was at someplace that rivaled Peninsula Hotels as top tier. Simply gorgeous hotel, and the room was lushly appointed with a gorgeous view of the Parthenon (or Nashville's version of the Parthenon anyway). They served hot apple cider and fresh cookies in the lobby! Great bar and restaurant as well. Definitely worth the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have to tell you, I was there about 2 years ago and it never disappointed. I just forgot to review then. Making reservation was kinda tough because the reservation clerks were not that friendly. But my daughter insisted that we stay there and it did not disappoint. I loved their tea/biscuit reception. The lobby was just nice and the servicing was one of the best as we ordered snacks and a drink for me. The rooms were so great and I was facing the Congress house? One of the best views. The lighting, décor, bathroom, housekeeping.. The turndown lady was nice to watch as she gave some niceties like slippers, huge chocolate, perfumed our room and the floor was oh so quiet and comfy. One of the best hotels I have stayed in, second only to Broadmoor and Bellagio. The whole experience was luxurious and I loved being in my room when I was there because I had travelled with my daughter. I still remember the experience. Nice staying there!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but we got maybe a corner room or centralized location, because we were facing di...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank second22
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

As soon as I walked in the door and up the steps, I could of stayed here forever. The lobby was magnificent, especially since it was decorated for Christmas. Our room was large (Grand Deluxe Room) w/sofa and chair and fabulous bed. Also, the coffee machine was easy and delicious. The history of the hotel is a trip to the past, followed by the falling apart during the 70's and the restoration after. The location was in walking distance to the main drag for the New Year festivities and the Johnny Cash museum. We had dinner in the Oak Room and that was fun, different menu, but good. I hated to leave, every wish was my command. We celebrated on New Year's day w/breakfast in our room. Wow! I do want to go back. The staff at the main entrance and desk was fantastic. They think of everything. It was raining when we left and they had umbrellas and bottled water for our trip. I am in love!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FrancesDecatur
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel was at the top of my Bucket List. As a local Nashvillian, I had always heard of how nice it had become after it's renovation some time ago. It is true. Nice marriage of old and new. Location is unbeatable. Right in front of capital building, next to Tennessee Performing Arts and easy walk to the Schermerhorn Symphony and Broadway. Service fantastic in the Southern tradition

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Gonevandy
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

First off, this wasn't the first hotel I booked for our trip. However, after reading reviews of the other hotel, then realizing the other hotel charges for wifi (my pet peeve) I decided to switch our reservation to the Hermitage. I originally thought it may be a bit stuffy based on the uber-posh interior decor. However, I loved the marketing on their website showing guest rooms merchandised with "casual" props. (Guitar cases, boots, etc). Feeling less intimidated We decided to give them a try. OH MY GOSH...wow. Just wow.
The hotel is breathtakingly historic and beautiful. The rooms are comfy and absolutely immaculate. You get free wifi, they give you a nespresso machine with free coffee pods in your room, the mini bar is stocked with amazing (and local) goodies.
However, without a doubt the staff are the jewel of this establishment. Every single employee made us feel welcome and special. They seemed genuinely gracious, and not overly trained to say the same scripted conversation to guests. They made us feel like VIPs. I've never felt so comfortable in such a grand environment!
Tips: Deb in the bar will make you feel like a local. You won't find a better bartender. Also, pay the extra to get the capital view....it's very special and so beautiful, especially at night.
We can't wait to come back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank fmjmclark
brooklyn
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Great staff, beautiful rooms, convenient location. Got great help w directions, reservations, local info. Breakfast was great and filling and was included w the Amex fine hotels program. We even got a room upgrade to a top floor corner room from the program. The waitress/bartender in the Oak room was particularly pleasant and made good drinks.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple