1,776 results
All reviews oak bar capitol grille historic hotel turn down service men's room soaking tub double sinks state capitol five star hotel beautiful lobby southern charm room service bottled water fabulous hotel rooms are spacious downtown nashville ryman auditorium
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My mom, sister and good friend checked into the Hermitage with me for a girl's trip to Nashville. We were blown away from the minute we arrived. The lobby was so spectacular we spent time just sitting there in the comfy chairs comparing it to the ceilings we've enjoyed across Europe. Our room was huge and it was a standard room. Two queen beds way up high and fit for a princess - as well as being super comfy. Our room looked out over the State Legislature and was super quiet. The bathroom was so splendid and we had to use a democratic process to decide who "won" the toiletries which were top notch. It was my mom's birthday, and I let the hotel know, and just before we headed out for dinner (I highly recommend Puckett's just around the corner from the Hermitage) a valet showed up with a complimentary bottle of champagne. Delightful. Almost as lovely as the turn-down service with shortbreads and fudge, and the lovely breakfast in the lobby of tea, coffee, fruit and tiny delicious muffins.
We hated leaving it was so divine.

Room tip: Ask for a Legislature view - gorgeous!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Disneyfan41169
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is very special! We stayed here November 2013 for a Indianapolis Colts football trip. we booked our stay with american express platinum travel. The room was great especially the bathroom. Shower and bathtub were awesome. We slept very well beds very comfortable. Hotel was quite staff very accommodating. Workout are was good with plenty of equipment. We had room service breakfast twice and it was very good. This is not a budget hotel but wanted something special and nice and this was the place. Older and very classy.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Older, historic hotel but beautiful furnishings and great service. Rooms were large and certainly had been remodeled. Bathroom was expectionally large for a suite.
Bar/Restaurant were good but not great. Fried Green Tomato Sandwich was awesome!

Great location and within walking distance of many of the locations

Room tip: The spa is really just a couple of treatment rooms but they did a nice job with massages.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to spend our wedding night there. We were obviously expecting superb service for absolutely everything. We had to leave early for the airport, and we ordered breakfast a night before. The breakfast was not there on time, and I had to call to remind them. When we told the person at the front desk about the experience, he just said that it was the time in which people changed shifts, so there's nothing they could do. I emailed the hotel, but they never got back to me. Apparently they want to live out of their reputation, and sweep the problems under the carpet.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank julioar2018
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Was very excited to stay at this hotel after fine stays at Loews, Hutton, Indigo In Nashville. Verdict: Overpriced for what you get. Great valet/bellmen, good entrance. Good desk staff, regal lobby. Weddings going on in the ballroom all the time. Room fine, a bit dated and traditional and nothing special. Bar/restaurant good, but not exciting, and Nashville is exciting in those respects. I expected world class and this fell short. Don't get a room with no view, as we did. Or near celebrating partiers. But still a nice luxe nest. Going back, I would opt for Indigo for value and location downtown, Hutton for trendy and fun near Vanderbilt.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple