1,776 results
All reviews oak bar capitol grille historic hotel turn down service men's room soaking tub double sinks state capitol five star hotel beautiful lobby southern charm room service bottled water fabulous hotel rooms are spacious downtown nashville ryman auditorium
Reviewed 14 September 2015

I had never heard of this place until I took a bus tour in Nashville. After the bus tour, I had to see this hotel for myself so we made a point of stopping by before we left Nashville! This hotel is BEAUTIFUL - the ceiling has stained glass! It has an old world charm that can not be recreated by the newer hotels and is in a class of it's own! The doormen wear tails and top hats for starters and acts accordingly - very proper and professional! The lobby has a WOW factor- luxury, charm, class! (I stayed at the Omni - big, bold and beautiful but a world apart from the Hermitage!) This hotel is much more intimate and more exclusive than the big box hotels with only 120 rooms! Next visit, the Hermitage!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2015

Just loved this place! The room and common areas were immaculate with so much charm and character you dont see in new hotels these days. The delux king room we had was large with a beautiful double sink bathroom, shower and big soaking tub. The staff were excellent and made for a lovely stay. May have to come back to Nashville just to stay here again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2015

We loved the beautiful surroundings and the service . We had dinner one night in the Capital Grill was delicious. The room service and turn down service was great. They all couldn't have been nicer. Location was nice just off the beaten path but still close to everything.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2015

This hotel reminded me Londond's, UK "Rubens at the Palace" - Old Luxury style. Fantastic entrance. Great, big rooms. Pricey, but you know what you are paying for. I think this hotel oriented more towards vacationers. I was on the business trip and found few inconviniences like: no trash can in the room, only in the bathroom, no microway or something I could make cup of tea. Also, I was surprised by inconsistent room service: one day there are 4 bottles of water, next day none; or one day there is decaf coffee packet, another day none. However, rooms are very clean, front desk is extremly helpful - high notch service there. Restautrant is greate too.

Room tip: Really any room, but ask to be aways from "service storage room", they push big carts with towels and it could be really noisy.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

We were spending two nights in Nashville and splurged. The room was beautiful but we left a 9:30 and came back 3:15 - the room was not made up. Not to the standard I expected. So we sat in the lobby waiting.

My wife ate at The Capital Grill and the food was not great. Her lamb loin was over cooked and looked microwaved, and generally the meal was not up to expectations.

Given the price it was a big disappointment. I rarely give bad reviews but The Hermitage earned this one.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank William C
Management response:Responded 9 September 2015

We are so very sorry your visit with us was less than perfect - that certainly is never our goal; but we are thankful that we were able to visit with you before you departed and are thrilled that you will be returning to stay with us on your next trip to Nashville!