1,743 results
All reviews oak bar capitol grille historic hotel turn down service men's room soaking tub double sinks state capitol five star hotel four seasons beautiful lobby southern charm room service bottled water fabulous hotel rooms are spacious downtown nashville
Reviewed 27 May 2016

Currently a guest for the fourth time in two years. I really wanted this to be a great hotel in Nashville but thoroughly disappointed despite a $400 + tax and other charges/night room. In Nashville, this should buy service and quality but the Hermitage is yet another old Grand Dame living off its reputation and disappointing customers (suckers) every day. The room looks out on to another wing of the hotel. Tired interior with what looks like no modern updates in decades. My active complaint is no turn-down service tonight. Called guest services and after 20+ rings finally get an answer but another 40 minutes and no service. Called again and still waiting a good 60 minutes after arriving back to the room. I'd like to go to sleep and I don't think it's too much to expect a room turn-down but both aren't happening tonight. Unacceptable. I recommend you look elsewhere and not spend your money here.

2  Thank JB M
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

Gorgeous. Professional and friendly staff throughout the building. Couldn't have been a better experience. Highly recommend this place. Pricey but they treat you right! Oak Bar is cozy and comfortable, breakfast was delicious. Fitness center, complimentary (small but adequate). Concierge was great and very helpful.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caligal831
Reviewed 26 May 2016

I attended a dinner here with some work associates. The actual hotel is pretty impressive looking especially the lobby area. The dinning room is nice and the men's bathroom is pretty unique. I thought the wait staff was fantastic, but the food was average...nothing to really write how about. I would go back to stay there, but I don't think I would dine there again unless others are paying.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Jay S
Reviewed 25 May 2016

We spent two nights here - our room was very nice being spacious, very comfortable King bed, comfortable chairs, desk, and a very nice Spa-like bathroom. The bathroom had a separate shower, large bath tub, two sinks( nice touch ) with a large counter, along with nice upscale toiletries for the shower, skin, and hair. Our room attendants were very nice, efficient, and spoke English. The front desk staff were helpful but not overly friendly. The hotel restaurant on the ground floor did not offer a buffet breakfast and was very expensive especially for our dinner there, where the serving portions were small and not a good value. The breakfast servers were much friendlier and more helpful than the the dinner staff. The hotel was conveniently located downtown. We enjoyed our stay here but will probably not return.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

Stayed here for a few nights to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Had a deluxe king room, which was plenty spacious. Great bathroom, tub a little small for two but great for one, water pressure in the shower was excellent. Bed incredibly comfortable, loved the linens, towels, and robes and extra pillows in the closet. (I know some hotels have a pillow menu you can call and they will bring you one, but really, who wants to call someone and be like "um can you please bring me more pillows?) We had a drink in the bar during happy hour which was incredibly crowded (we had to wait for a seat) and service friendly but very, very slow. Our food came out before our drinks, in fact, we were finished with our food when the drinks arrived. That was a little odd. Overall we loved it and would stay again.