The Hermitage Hotel
US$301
US$247
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Music City Hotel(Nashville)(Great Value!)
US$364
Sheraton.com
1,692 results
All reviewsoak barcapitol grillehistoric hotelturn down servicemen's roomsoaking tubseparate showerstate capitolfive star hotelfour seasonsbeautiful lobbysouthern charmroom servicebottled waterrooms are spaciousgorgeous hoteldowntown nashville
Reviewed 19 June 2006

This was my 4th stay at the hotel for business and I really love it - especially as a female traveling alone. The lobby is very warm and has so much character. The rooms are cozy and HUGE. The beds are to die for! The bathrooms are well lit and having a tub is really nice after a long day. I used the shower gel provided for the bath but they advertise this "bath concierge" service that I am going to splurge on for my next stay. Looks fab! Wireless is complimentary which is a must and I had a good signal in my room. The concierge is always friendly as you have to pass by to get on the elevator or to get your morning coffee. I cannot say enough. I really don't leave the hotel much when I'm there - the Capitol Grille has breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've entertained clients for lunch and dinner and it's always excellent. In my book, this is the only option for Nashville.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2006

My one-night stay at the Hermitage Hotel was a wonderful experience. While I question the 5-star rating, it's terrific reputation is well-justified. The renovated living rooms and bathrooms were clean and spacious, and my wife and I enjoyed the little touches - the full turn-down service; the choice of daily newspapers; the attentiveness of the staff, including the valet service (believe it or not). The opulent lobby is breathtaking, and the fitness area, which looks out onto the State Capitol, includes a fully-furnished locker-room, shower, vanity, and food/water bar. Go exploring and you'll find the room where Minnesota Fats used to play pool with guests and the restored lime-green, art-deco men's bathroom outside the Capital Grille. The check-in receptionist was not up-to-par, parts of the hotel need more upgrading, and the per-night room rates are overpriced. However, in lieu of the hustle and bustle of other Nashville hotels, a stay at the Hermitage is a reward unto itself.

• Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank enm007
Management response:Responded 10 July 2006

Thank you for the comments along with the wonderful photographs. We hope to see you again soon!

Boston, MA
Reviewed 15 June 2006

My girlfriends and I decided to have a weekend away in Nashville. (My sister lives there and she joined us). Anyway, we had heard about this hotel from other friends and my sister and decided to give it a try. We fell in love from the moment that we arrived.

We were greated by the nicest bellmen who treated us like royalty from the moment we arrived until we left on Sunday.

We had a drink in the Oak Bar before we went to dinner in the Capitol Grille which was a great way to start our evening.

Our dinner was great and the manager suggested some great wines to pair with our courses. We liked our dinner so much we made reservations to go back the next night.

The beds, oh my goodness, the beds. These are better than any of the Heavenly Beds I have stayed in before. They have super soft sheets and you just sink right in.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a beautiful hotel in downtown Nashville.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 June 2006

While The Hermitage was, at one time, worthy of Five Star Status it appears there has been a discernable decline in quality of accomodations, housekeeping, and service.

When visiting, recently, we found mold and mildew growing on the floor of the shower in one room and mold and mildew growing in the soap container of another room. We also found stains on the carpet and torn carpet.

The "day staff" appears to be knowledgable and customer-centered. However, after 10:00PM the property appears to be staffed by teenagers who have little understanding of Five Star Service.

The much-advertised "Capital Grille" serves food of acceptable quality but the carpet flooring of the restaurant is severely stained and worn.

The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are appointed with antique furniture and a comfortable bed. However, the overall impression is the owners of the property are not re-investing into the property.

The Hermitage in it's present state of declining accomodations and service is NOT worth a $249.00 to $299.00 per night room rate. You'll find better service and cleaner accomodations at the Hilton Downtown or the Opryland Hotel's upgraded/renovated rooms (where we ended up finishing our vacation).

I consider the apparent decline of the once-grand Hermitage Hotel a tragedy.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kearney, NE
Reviewed 7 June 2006

Several weekends ago I took my three daughters to the "Presiadential Suite" of the Hermitage Hotel to celebrate the upcoming wedding of my youngest daughter. We had a party for her in the Suite on Fri. evening. The food was removed following the party, but nothing else was cleaned up, including our rooms, for more that 24 hours. The Manager came to our room at about 11:00 P.M. with appologies and the promise of breakfast in the Grill the next morning. I was charged for it, but was refunded later. We had no amenities to speak of considering the amount of the room's cost. There was not even lotion in the baths. We stayed in similar suites before and always had fabulous service. I have contacted the Hotel and the only response was for the Catering office. We didn't even hear from the woman we worked with for the so-so food.

I have never complained before, but I am wondering how this Hotel has acquired its highservice rating!

My girls and I had a wonderful time together despite the lack of feeling like we were unimportant guests.

I hope I get a response to this review, in hopes of it correcting our "Disappointment!"

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member