“Perfection in Nashville”

Ranked #2 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Spartanburg, SC
“Perfection in Nashville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2010

Just returned from a 3 night stay for a business conference that was conducted at a nearby hotel. I enjoy staying in small upscale hotels and have recently been in a number of Ritz Carlton's, Four Season's, Alzear Palace in Buenos Aires. etc. The Hermitage in Nashville beats them all. From the beautiful quiet lobby with homemade cookies in the afternoon, to the immaculate small health club with cucumber water and fresh fruit, to my sunny corner room overlooking the capitol building, my stay was the finest I have experienced.

On checking in, they were thoughtful enough to ask what time of day I'd like the room serviced. Each evening on return I found my robe laid out and chocolates waiting. My huge marble bath was pristine and cleaned several times each day. The hotel even printed stationery with my name embossed on it for my use, without my asking. The hotel is quiet and lavish, the staff accomodating . The clubby bar downstairs has a good beer and wine selection, and is great for a quiet late drink. I also tried the upscale restaurant downstairs, which is not run the hotel. The food was excellent but very pricey and the service slow. For dinner, I'd recommend the nearby Mid-Town cafe, which features 3 and 5 course tasting menu's with wine pairings for a reasonable price.

For sleeping arrangements, you cannot do better than the Hermitage. I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Southernstyle7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
huntington, wv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2010

I like a nice hotel when i travel, but usually don't splurge on 5 stars. The Hermitage, however, is my exception! The rooms are always fabulous--not much view, true, but amazingly comfortable beds/sheets/robes/etc. The staff is top-notch. I've stayed here 4 or 5 times, and am always impressed. It's close to lots of downtown action, has a comfortable (albeit expensive) bar, hosts afternoon teas, and the restaurant (capitol grill) is always top-rated. It's also significantly less per night than most 5 stars i've been to, although i always travel here on weekends.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ekter
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

My daughter and I enjoy visiting tea rooms when we travel. I found this one at the Hermitage and thought it would be very special. We were seated at a coffee table in the lobby, food was mediocre. Stale bread on the tea sandwiches, Odd jelly-lke dessert that the waitress couldn't even describe. Waitress disappeared. Had to track her down for a refill on the tea. Probably our most expensive tea room and most disappointing experience. It's obviously NOT their forte. The lobby, however, was beautiful.

Stayed January 2010
2 Thank Melinda B
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2010

Wonderful historic hotel with large clean rooms, great service, great restaurant and easy walk to night life.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

My family and I recently travelled to Nashville in late February of this year. We make this trip at least twice a year. The moment we arrived we were treated like true guest. The hotel was beautiful. The staff treated us as if we were the only people there. Every detail is included on a day to day basis with the Hermitage employees. It is rare to see an operation of this size go without flaw and everyone involved truly committed to providing exceptional service! We travelled with our miniature dog, which was not a problem here at the Hermitage. They equipped the room for us including all ammenities for our family pet. There is only one place for us in all of our future trips. Hats off to the entire hotel and staff.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2010

I have been traveling to Nashville with regularity for years. Have stayed at most of the other downtown hotels. Finally determined that I wanted something different. What I found at the Hermitage was everything you could ask for in a hotel stay. The staff was as courteous and helpful as any I've ever encounted. The hotel itself is beautiful and extremely comfortable, with architectural gems throughout (espcially the men's lavatory by the bar....an art deco masterpiece). The price for this level of stay is more than resonable.

I have resisted writing any reviews on Trip Advisor until now for fear of seeing the places I prefer overrun. In this case I couldn't hold myself back. The Hermitage and it's staff deserve the accolades.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2010

The Hermitage Hotel Nashville is not only the best hotel in Tennessee, but perennially one of the best hotels in the country. Anyone can give you a comfortable bed if they want, but the Hermitage offers the most consitant excellent service of any hotel in the South and the top ten in the country. Don't miss the great Capital Grill with its fabulous men's room (it's actually an attraction) and afternoon tea in the lobby.

Stayed November 2008, travelled on business