“Wonderful week-end”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland
Ranked #10 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Was going to stay at Embassy but wanted convenience of this Hampton to outlet mall, so decided on Hampton. Very glad we did, excellent staff and very clean rooms, very convenient location to outlet, and Grand Ole Opry house

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bruce N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dorothy W,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! I'm glad you had a wonderful stay with us, and I hope you can come back and see us again soon.

Bruce Neal

Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I loved the room at the Hampton Inn. It was open, clean, and large. I will stay at Hampton Inn next time I travel and this is the highest compliment I can pay any hotel. If you stay at this hotel you not be disappointed with your room.

1  Thank Dan D

Dan D,

Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay and for your future travel needs! I appreciate your kind words about our hotel.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Cons:
Fitness room is very limited.
Beds are ok but the headboards banged on the wall too easily when you get out of bed.
Pool is outside.
Pros:
Sunshine, the breakfast lady, is a sweet, service-oriented woman who will sing if asked. May God confine to bless her!
Location is very good. We visited the American Pickers store, the Carnton Plantation, the Loveless Café, and the Grand Old Opry and all were within 20-30 minutes drive.
Breakfast was sufficient. Cold food choices seemed better than hot. To-go bags a nice perk.
Had a room near the elevator but didn't hear it.
Room of two doubles was pretty big.

Room Tip: Try for discount such as AAA or AARP.

RoadTrip19Mom,

Thank you for your candid review of your experience with us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate the nice things you said about our hotel and for especially noticing Sunshine, our singing breakfast host. She does a great job of brightening everyone's day here. And I'll definitely pass your feedback along to our corporate office about our fitness center, headboards, and pool. We hope you choose us again the next time you are in our area!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great staff and facility, would go back for sure if in Nashville again. Kitchen employee "Sunshine" was a great addition to the visit. Hotel was about 15 minutes away from downtown, but drive was fairly easy.

Randel M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your kind words about our hotel and especially about Sunshine. We are truly fortunate to have her brightening our days here!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hotel was clean staff was courteous. Convenient to Opyland Hotel and Opry Mills. Lots of food choices close. I asked for a King Bed but was told that option was not available with Government Per diem so I had to settle for a two queen beds. Tried both beds and both were extremely uncomfortable and hard. The fitness equipment needs to be updated as well. Ended up running outside so I'm glad it was a safe area and a beautiful morning.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Jo G,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate the nice things you said about our hotel and our staff, but I'm sorry the queen beds in your rrom were too firm and that you did not find them comfortable. And I will share your comments about our fitness equipment with our corporate office for their consideration. I am grateful for your feedback, and I hope you can stay with us again the next time you are in our area.

SIncerely,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Spent 6 nights at this property while attending the NCAA Women's Final Four, April 3-9. Nobody is a bigger fan of Hampon Inns than I am but this property missed the mark and did not meet the standard that I have found at most other Hampton properties where I have stayed.

The folks at the front desk at check-in were not as engaging or welcoming as front desk folks I have encountered at other Hampton Inns. It's not that difficult to smile and say, "Good afternoon Mr. ____." A warm smile and a friendly greeting can really set the tone for your entire stay at any hotel property.

The rooms were standard Hampton fare but frankly, were a little worn out and in need of sprucing up. For example, there were visible pin holes in the black-out curtains on the windows; the furniture is tired and outdated -- the bench at the end of the bed had a leg that was broken and obviously, unsuccessfully, glued back together a few times; the room door and the door into the toilet/shower were sorely in need of a paint job; the carpeting was thread-bare and on the edges, several strads or carpet had unraveled and were left hanging -- they should at least have been trimmed off. The carpeting in the hallway did not appear to have been vacuumed during our entire stay and we tracked pretzel crumbs and peanut pieces into our room each time we walked down the hallway. And why the heck can't king size sheets be used on a king size beds? Each night, our king size bed bed was made up with queen size sheets. It made for an uncomfortable sleep experience.

Much has been made of the wonderful "Sunshine" in the breakfast room. A little "Sunshine" can be a nice way to start your day but some travellers might prefer a quiet cup of coffee and a newspaper to intrusive hugs and tired songs.

The property is in a good location and represents a greater value than the downtown hotels. It's convenient to the Grand Ole Opry and barely a 15 minute ride to downtown. Coffee is always available and hot. There is ample parking.

I would recommend this property and the Hampton chain (it is always my "go to" brand) but this Hampton Inn needs to do more in my mind to warrant it's #3 ranking.

1  Thank P C

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm truly sorry that you did not have the normally exceptional experience that we are known for, and I appreciate the detailed description you gave of your time with us. I have shared your comments about our hotel with our staff, and all aspects of your review are being looked at in order for us to be able to give our guests the wonderful experience they deserve at our hotel.

SIncerely,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We have stayed at this facility several times when attending the Opry. It's conveniently located for the Opry as well as a good location for the purpose of dining. I would recommend taking the shuttle instead of parking at the parking area near the Opry. My only concern is that if the show is running late you might have a problem with the schedule.

Sarah C,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stays in our area, and for sharing your review on TripAdvisor!