“Home Away From Home!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland
Ranked #15 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
“Home Away From Home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great location if you are traveling to Nashville. Our conference was downtown so it was about a 20 minute ride, but very convenient. Great Staff and a wonderful hot breakfast every morning. It is right across the street from Opryland and the big Opry Mills Mall. If our travels ever take us back to Nashville we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 337lucindac
Bruce N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
337lucindac,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent conference in Nashville! I appreciate your kind words about our staff, and I hope you can visit us again soon.

Bruce Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Longmont, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this Hampton in Nashville, due primarily to their excellent staff. Sharika, the manager of the laundry/breakfast coordinator, was wonderful, she welcomed me and others as family and was the high point of my trip to Nashville. Everthing else was overall very good and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Eric D,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your kind words about our hotel and about Sharika, and I can't wait to let her know about your review. I hope you can visit us again sometime!

Troy, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The other problem was house keeping. Monday morning I went down and had breakfast about 8 am. I had a headache and came back to lay down. I left the room about 11:45 to go to the funeral that I had come to Nashville to attend. As I walked out of the room I saw one of your housekeepers and apologized for not being out of my room, but 205 was available now. She did say, I'm sorry you had a headache, but when I came back the room had not been cleaned, the towels replaced or bed made. I went to your counter and told them my room was not made. I had already made the bed and told them to just replace the towels. Not very professional for $190+ a night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dennis G,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond and share your experience on TripAdvisor. And thank you for letting me know about the misunderstanding that occurred on the day that your room wasn’t made up. This is definitely not normal for our hotel. I checked with the room attendant on that floor and although she does recall speaking to someone about a headache she said she didn’t understand you wanted the room cleaned after you left and she is very sorry for that.

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you, and I will speak to all the room attendants to make sure they are more careful in the future regarding requests from our guests. All of our staff take great pride in offering exceptional service to our guests, so when something goes wrong we take it very seriously. I do hope you can come back sometime so you will see that was not a normal occurance at all for our hotel.

St. Charles, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We usually stay in a Hampton Inn or Hilton. this particular property was exceptionally clean and well managed. Used the hotel van to take us around and it saved us several parking fees. They had several suggestions as to where to go during our trip to Nashville and all proved to be great stops. They even gave us a lift to the Grand Ole Opry so we could park our car there early and thus get out before the crowd. Would recommend this location when going to Nashville, only about 6 miles to the city.

Room Tip: Always ask for the government rate....it is the best
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dick P
Dick P,

I just want to say thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I'm glad you had such an exceptional stay with us and found us to be a great value, and I hope you can come to see us again and enjoy another show at the Grand Ole Opry!

Mason, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our family was visiting Nashville to celebrate our mother's 91st birthday. The Grand Old Opry was on her bucket list so the hotel was close to many of the things we wanted to visit. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Breakfast is a must so you can meet Sunshine. She is an amazing woman!! She sang happy birhtday to my mom and gave her a big hug making her feel very special. She is the best thing about our stay. She went on vacation after the first day and hand picked another lady, Sharika, who was also very pleasant.

We were extremely disappointed with the shuttle service! We chose the hotel because we were close to the attractions and were led to beleive we could use the shuttle for the Grand OId Opry, General Jackson Cruise as well as other attractions. We needed transportation as my mother has mobility issues and were willing to pay the extra cost for the convenience. We noticed the Holiday Inn Express delivered their guests via shuttle for the General Jackson Cruise, We could have stayed there for quite a bit less and may do that next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rose F
Rose F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I want to thank you for the kind things you said about our hotel and about Sunshine, our singing breakfast host. She truly is a ray of sunshine to everyone she meets.

I am sorry however that our complimentary shuttle did not turn to be the value for you that you had hoped it would be, and I apologize if the information about where our shuttle goes was not communicated clearly to you. I will definitely speak with our staff about that, and see how we can improve upon the service we offer our guests.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was our first time to Nashville to look at homes and this was the perfect location to start our day at. Didnt take more than 20 minutes to get anywhere we needed to go. The best thing about this property is Sunshine at breakfast! She is AMAZING and so kind. I dont think I met 1 person in Nashville that was more caring for a stranger. Also I wish I remembered the name of the driver that called me when an important package arrived while we were out, she was really kind to make sure she called us right when UPS showed up. Rooms were nice. The only complaint I have was when I checked in was alittle rough and didnt feel warm. Elevators were alittle slow as well. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SRRS12
SRRS12,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor! I totally agree with you - Sunshine is truly AMAZING and we are very lucky to have her on our team. I will definitely share your review with our staff, and also go over ways with the team to improve our check in experience for our guests. Again, I appreciate your feedback about your stay, and I hope you can visit us again sometime!

Maryland Heights, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I do quite a bit or traveling. This was my first time to Nashville and my wife's 3rd trip. This hotel is located next to the Opryland Hotel. We thought the location was great and there is a lot to do within a mile of the hotel. A trip to downtown takes about 20mins depending on traffic. However, the gentleman at the front desk referred us to a shuttle service with $10 roundtrip service to downtown. IT WAS AWESOME. This eliminates parking hassle and they drop you right on Broadway in the heart of the city. That is what really made this hotel worth it to us. The hotel staff were really accommodating as well. The only real negative was the water pressure in the shower. But everything else was A+

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank John H
John H,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Nashville! I am glad we turned out to be such a good location for you, and that took advantage of "Downtown Shuttle", the round trip shuttle service to the heart of downtown. The convenience of not having to worry about the hassles of parking really makes this a great service. And I appreciate your feedback about the water pressure as well, and will definitely discuss that with our maintenance staff. I hope you can come back and stay with us again sometime!