“Surprisingly good!”

Prince's Hot Chicken South
Ranked #361 of 2,200 Restaurants in Nashville
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When we have visited our daughter in Nashville in the past, we've attempted to get "hot chicken" at Hattie B's because we were told it was the best. Well after 3 attempts and seeing long lines in the 90 plus degree weather, we decided to try Prince's instead since it's less than a mile from our daughter's house. We were pleasantly surprised. The lady who took our order at the counter was very polite and professional. My husband and I both had the mild, and it was plenty hot for both of us. The servings were generous. I thought the breading was a little greasy, but the chicken was on a piece of white bread which soaked up a good bit of the grease. We will definitely eat at Prince's again on our next visit to Nashville. At least we didn't have to stand outside in the hot sun for our "hot chicken."

Reviewed 30 May 2018

great service, comfortable air conditioned restaurant with plenty of seating (and tables outdoors for those who wanted), and awesome chicken. we originally wanted to go to the original place but the reviews made it sound dingy, crowded, and unsafe. this place had easy parking, was nice and clean, and served great hot chicken. a must for anyone who can handle the heat! the waitress served me a coke and fries (I could only handle a small bite of my husbands hot chicken) and I munched happily away in a clean, comfy environment while he tried the chicken he'd been dying to eat since we started planning this trip.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

First time in Nashville and had to try the original hot chicken. Our group of seven was more than pleased. I preferred the chicken pieces to the tenders. Great spice and the actual chicken itself was good as well. I love spicy food and ordered the hot. Could have gone to the next level. Fries were good. Will go back my next time in Nashville!

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Same great chicken as the original location. The south location is easier to access from the interstate. Of course the original location is just plain cool to visit.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

After watching the program Ugly Delicious on Netflix, I luckily found myself in Nashville and decided to go on a hot chicken quest. I was not disappointed at Prince’s. I ordered the mild dark meat. Counter service was fast and efficient. I received my food in about 15 minutes. The chicken was perfect! We have nothing like this in Vancouver, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The meat was cooked to perfection and the skin had enough spice on it to give it some kick. Would put this on the list next time I’m in Nashville.