“Hotel-Friendly service, great lexus shuttle, would stay again. Food-avoid, worst restaurant and room service food I have ever ha”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hutton Hotel

Hutton Hotel
Ranked #19 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

Wonderful friendly service, brought both my little dogs with me. The suite was smaller than expected, but well appointed and the bathroom with double glass sink was a nice size. The Kohler shower was awesome. The service was truly exceptional. They have a complimentary Lexus hybrid service that will run you w/in a 3 mile radius. The staff made my little fur babies feel truly welcomed. Would stay again and recommend the Hutton Hotel to anyone and everyone in a heartbeat. Now on to the one and only grievance.... 1808 Grille and room service food....its awful. I was at the Hutton for 7 days and tried the room service 3 times. Breakfast was bad. My guest and I ordered 2 different breakfast dishes, breakfast burrito and breakfast skillet. Bland, underseasoned, really bad. I also tried their lunch in room dining, spinach salad, w/ chicken....hmmmm not good. Chicken was on the side, drumstick came with the bone in. It alson had weird fat blobs and bumpy skin on it. Was bland and not seasoned. It is one of the worst salads I have ever had, seriously McDonald's grilled chicken salad blows this one out of the water. Next we tried the late nite dining menu, Pot Roast sandwich and tomato soup. Ewww yuck, I was a bit tipsy and still wouldn't eat it. The sandwich was like a hot pocket style, except not as good. The tomato soup was spaghetti sauce minus the noodles. Worst soup ever. The dining experience kept this from being a 5 star stay. Also the only reason we tried the food 3 different times was we were in town for a conference and were crunched for time. Also we thought each bad meal was a fluke. We thought ok, late nite dining menu at 12 am, expecting good food is a bit of reach, we will give it another shot at lunch time. Lunch food ewww yuck, ok the 1808 grille isn't open for lunch, sooooo not a real experience. We figured breakfast will be good, how can you mess up eggs, and potatos right ? Well they did. They need to change/find an executive chef and revamp/overhaul the entire food menu. They try to hard to be "fancy" when they need to execute the fundamentals of preparing a meal.

• Stayed April 2011
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2011
Thank you for your review of Hutton Hotel and 1808 Grille. I am delighted you enjoyed the Hotel but wanted to express my sicncere apologies for the issues you had while dining with us. Please be assured I am reviewing our quality assurance process with the Executive Chef to ensure this does not occur again. I am certain you will have a much better dining experience on your next visit.

Steven P. Andre - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
brooklyn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

Expecting a beautiful hotel, but The Hutton is just pretentious.
No drawer space in the very tiny room, no fridge, horrible view of the maintenance parking lot and very expensive add-ons, like internet and parking.
This is a King Executive room and we can barely walk around without bumping into each other. One of the smallest rooms I've ever stayed in.
Where do hotels think you are going to put your clothes????? I don't understand that.
The bathroom is beautiful, but has a frosted but see-through panel, which means I can watch my husband scrub ....everything!
So look elsewhere for a hotel in downtown Nashville - I wish we had!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank couttiebug
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2011
Thank you for your comments and I am sorry your room was not satisfactory. We do have some great rooms with additional space and without the frosted shower panel. We also offer fantastic weekend packages that include parking and breakfast to offset the fees you mentioned. Please contact myself on your next trip to Music City and I am certain you will have a much better experience with the Hutton Hotel.
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

I read so many glowing reviews of this hotel I just had to book there for a quick, fun weekend trip. The minute I walked up to the desk the staff on duty was apologizing that they didn't have the room I requested. After we checked into our room they called and offerred to switch rooms. The second room was much better (the room in general and the view), but the whole incident of being disappointed and then switching rooms left a down feel to the visit. The room was very clean and adequate but did not have the plush or pampered feel I was longing for. The bathroom was modern and I loved the shower but again didn't feel comfortable or plush.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1kentuckygal
Dorset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

Advertised a 'one of the leading smasll hotels in the world'

Hotel set in a not attractive part of mid town Nashville, Parking lot, gas station and empty building plot in immediate vicinity. An unattractive walk of about 20 minutes to downtown. Hotel have free shuttle.

In the main well trained and friendly staff (see later for exception). Room, king double was adequate for 2 but not large. Why only 1 easy chair. Very good sized bathroom.

Busy, buzzy and well run bar area.

The restaurant was , quite frankly, a big disappointment. I had 2 complaints during the stay that were met with sulky indifference.

The main one related to food. It was not impressive and certainly not gourmet dining.

One particular course was goats cheese salad. It was a deep fried piece of something on top of wilted rocket swimming in a dressing.

Guys this isn't cooking! Grilled goats cheese is one of the best culinary sensations in the world. Try it and not this cheap diner stuff!

Not great number of eating places close by but try;

Valentinos - italian restaurant opposite
Mid town diner - behind the gas station - not encouraging position but great food and atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank youngandfiftyish
indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

all rooms were different. I looked a two before I chose one. One was bigger but had a post in the way of the window and had a great big shower with single glass sink. The one I chose was smaller, but had a double glass sink. The shower had a frosted glass wall looking into the be area so that a light could shine in both directions. Nice. Good toiletries. The furniture is delaminating and looks tacky. Needs a better choice of furniture. Nice decor.

The restaurant had promise. Good menue. Only fair delivery. Avoid the pumpkin "panna cotta" someone doesn't know what panna cotta is. Duck OK.

The burger was good as was the fries. chokolate Bailey's cake was poor, as was the doughnuts. Over all the sandwiches were the best. I ate at the hotel for the three days I was there for a meeting. I have had much better meals in Nashville.

In the evening I was setting in the lobby near where the breakfast grab and go is (and wine at night which was very nice) and the restaurant staff kept huddling inside the curtains and LOUDLY voicing all their complaints about coworkers, managment, etc. Stop it!!

Poor location, good hotel, average restaurant.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

My 5 friends and I enjoyed a girl's weekend in Nashville. The Hutton was beautiful, clean, comfortable, and had a great lively atmosphere. The service was friendly and prompt. I would definitely stay here again. Dinner at the 1808 Grille was great, too.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

Stayed at The Hutton while in town on a business trip, and enjoyed my stay at this boutique property. I thought the service was really great here. Staff was always smiling.

The room was clean and comfortable - bed was very cozy. It was in a good location - about a mile or two from the famous music scene/ Broadway. They even have a house car that will take you to that area upon request (if avail of course).

I thought there could've been more options for the room service menu. But there is the option of going to the 1808 grill on the lobby level for more variety.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business