“VERY disappointed”

Ranked #16 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Brooklyn, New York
“VERY disappointed”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is not the first time I have stayed here, but it will be the last time, which is unfortunate because I really liked it. This week there have been SEVERAL incidents that have made this entire stay unpleasant. I am still here for tonight and after what happened last night was VERY tempted to check out and go someplace else.
Tuesday morning I sent laundry out, brought down to the front desk and was advised it would be ready the next day. By Thursday I still did not have it, called guest services and find out that it hadn't been sent out yet. They were apologetic and took care of it quickly and covered the charge. Had nothing else gone wrong, this would not have upset me, just been annoying.
At 12:30am one night, coworkers returning from a night of partying called the front desk and asked what room I was staying in. They were given the information! I have NEVER ever seen a hotel just give out room numbers, and given the high volume of celebrities that stay here one would think they would be especially sensitive to privacy, but apparently not.
What was the absolute WORST was coming back to my room last night after being out ALL day and finding my door propped open with the deadbolt. The turndown service crew had left my door unlocked and open. Thankfully nothing was missing from my room, but I couldn't believe this happened. I called the front desk who offered to remove a restaurant charge from my bill, which is a very small gesture considering that my door had been left unlocked and open for hours...
Hugely disappointed by this stay.

4 Thank JenTressler
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered while our guest. We pride ourselves in having a great hotel with wonderful service and it is very disappointing when we have fallen so short of these goals as we did with your stay.

If there is an issue our entire team should be doing whatever it takes to ensure the situation is corrected. I have spoken to our Front Desk team, Housekeeping Department, Laundry Department to ensure we are properly responding to all guest concerns.

I would appreciate an opportunity to further discuss your stay if you would like to contact myself directly.

sandre@huttonhotel.com
615.340.9333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 February 2014

It has a good Nashville vibe. It's a 'Green Hotel' with hints of European sensibilities regarding the hotel. Service fro valet, restaurant and staff was super. Lot's of good looking people work and stay at this hotel. The bar hopped at night and the meals were super. The burger (hard to believe I am saying this) is memorable feast.

Construction is going on nearby but did not bother me in the slightest. It's your choice. All in all I loved this place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hutton. We are a Green Hotel with features from key card light switches, LED lighting fixtures to Kone EcoDisc elevators. The burger is one of my favorite items on the 1808 Grille menu! Great choice!

We look forward to your next stay with us at the Hutton!

Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Checked into the Hutton Hotel for a one night stay and found it to be well located to downtown, comfortable rooms and wonderful SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY! Warm welcome upon arrival, great valet service, and warm reception by all staff members. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet! Check out was simple and value for room was reasonable! Enjoy!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton with us and your kind review. We do pride ourselves at having a great friendly team at the Hutton that provide our guests with southern hospitality. I’m glad to hear you have a smooth overall stay and I will pass this information along to our staff and managers.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Music City!

Warm Regard,
Cincinnati
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here on business working a Vanderbilt football game. Very good service from the front desk to the parking attendants. Very nice bar and restaurant. Actually had a Precor eliptical to work out on in my own room. Don't valet park, I think it was around $25 a day which is outrageous. It's not a long walk if you self park. Every kind of food is available within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed staying in one of our Cardio King rooms which have a Pre-Cor Elliptical Machine as well as a yoga mat and adjustable free-weights. Unfortunately our parking garage is managed by a third party and we do not have control over the prices. Self Park is $22.00, per day plus tax and valet is $28.00, per day plus tax.

It sounds like you had an overall great experience in 1808 Grille and the Hutton. We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Music City.

Bests,

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Traveled to Nashville for a weekend with friends and the Hutton was a great choice. Surprisingly reasonable rates to upgrade to a suite with sitting area and desk space, which was well worth it. Modern rooms, very comfortable beds, and very friendly staff. Not downtown, the hotel is closer to Vanderbilt, but they also have a free shuttle within 3 miles which was great for dinner and shopping in "the Gulch."

Service was very good in the bar - as someone else mentioned they offered tastes of wine if you weren't sure - and late night room service was super fast. Fancy free coffee machine just down the hall was a nice touch.

Only thing I'd change on the room is to add a bathtub. Although the shower was spacious with an oversized shower head.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sportsbabe59
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton. Nashville is always a great place to escape to with friends! I’m glad you were happy with our friendly staff. The shuttle is a great amenity of the hotel and we certainly want our guests to utilize it as well as our Nespresso machines on each floor. Our restaurant, the 1808 Grille, has a fabulous wine selection and we also have complimentary wine hour Monday through Friday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm.

The majority of our rooms do have the rainfall showerheads but we do have a few rooms that have bathtubs. If you would like a tub next time when making a reservation please inform the reservation agent and if we have availability we would be happy to accommodate your request. Overall I am glad to hear you and your friends enjoyed your trip. We look forward to having you back with up on your next visit!

Bests,

Willimantic, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The Hutton is in a great location - about a 15 minute walk to Vanderbilt University in one direction, and another 15 minute walk to music row in the other direction. The hotel itself is gorgeous, the rooms are a good size and the bathrooms are spacious as well.
The shower was the best part - the shower head is oversized, and right in the center of the ceiling of the shower. This makes it so easy for 2 to shower at once without either people ever having to stand out in the cold, away from the water stream.
Turndown service was a nice surprise - they give you a complimentary water bottle and a chocolate every night around 9pm.
The staff was incredibly friendly (though I found the staff at every establishment I visited in Nashville to be incredibly friendly, so this is probably a Southern thing). If you get caught in an elevator with a staff person (they are kept very busy and are hard workers!) they will strike up a conversation with you. We found out everything we needed to find out about getting to tourist-type areas from a nice bellhop.
We were there for a conference, and the meeting rooms (though some were too small) were very nice and had comfortable chairs. The food was absolutely wonderful, and the buffets had plenty of vegetarian options.
One minor complaint - wifi was free, but in order to get faster service you had to pay a fee. This was no problem for checking emails, but if I had wanted to stream a video from netflix it would have been impossible without paying extra.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We do pride ourselves at having a great friendly team at the Hutton and I will certainly share your comments with them. They greatly appreciate hearing from guests who enjoyed their stay. Our rainfall showerheads are one of our guest’s favorite features of the hotel.
We do charge $9.95 for 24 hours of high-speed internet service because connectivity is very important to our guests and we want to ensure they are able to stay connected.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Music City.

Best Regards,
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This hotel is exceptional all around..from personalized service, to atmosphere, to amenities. A real boutique hotel in the mid town area of Nashville.Please note that The Hutton is NOT located in the heart of all the honky-tonks. It is a quick cab ride however to many Nashville areas including theGulch area as well as 'lower broad'.
Nashville is hilly so if you plan on walking from hotel anywhere, bring dependable walking shoes. The bar off the lobby has a cool vibe and very comfortable seating is everywhere in the lobby area. I would recommend this hotel for a truly romantic getaway, girl's trip or business.
Will return!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your king review. I am delighted to hear enjoyed the modern design and atmosphere. Since we are located a little over a mile from the “heart of the honky-tonks” our valet staff is always willing to fetch a cap for you or we have our complimentary shuttle service which runs daily from 7:00am-10:30pm. Again, I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you come back on your next visit to Nashville!