“What a pleasant hotel!”

Ranked #19 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Mayhill, NM
“What a pleasant hotel!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

A drive by the Hutton does not begin to hint at the lovely hotel hidden inside. A non-descript exterior and high rise construction on both sides of this hotel had me expecting a ho hum hotel, but what a nice surprise. A recent remodel with upscale contemporary decor is very sleek. The staff is friendly and very accomodating. Our room was near the elevator so was a little noisy in late morning with cleaning staff gathering supplies, but was not troublesome. We enjoyed two meals during the day at the 1808 Grille & Lounge - excellent chef - the quinoa salad and crab cake sandwich were delicious! We would definately stay at the Hutton again!

Room Tip: Room near elevator was somewhat noisy at times.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I am delighted you enjoyed the design and overall feel of the property! We do have construction on both side of our property. White noise machines can be provided at check-in to hopefully take away any noise you might hear. I will pass the message along to our Housekeeping Department about being more cautious in the mornings. The quinoa salad and crab cake sandwich are two very popular menu items! Great choices! I will certainly share your comments with our staff.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Music City.

Best Regards,
Steven Andre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Initially, I found the Hutton Hotel a bit pricey even at a conference rate. Upon arrival, an unattended SUV was parked under the entrance overhang blocking the flow to the garage. The license plate was "hutton" or "huton1" or something like that. I was not feeling the love at that point to be honest. The parking garage was very close (but really expensive) and the staff at check-in was extremely helpful and nice. The lobby was clean and modern with the restaurant entrance just off to the right. (more on the restaurant in a moment) The room was spacious and the bathroom very large and modern feeling. I was not a fan of the square toilet seat! There were little splashes of color here and there and the art on the wall was interesting. The bed was very comfortable with nice-feeling sheets. My room looked out over downtown and new building construction next door so it was a little loud but the view was urban cityscape chic. You have to put your key card in a slot by the door to turn on the lights which seems like a great idea to conserve power and maintain the green vibe going on.

There was an awesome coffee maker in a common area in my hallway. I hope they never change that because it was a real treat with a good selection of pod-style java. The housekeepers were absolutely great and happily tended to the small requests we made.

The restaurant was superb. I simply cannot say enough good things about the restaurant! Everything we had was delicious! The workout area was very well-appointed and spacious with good equipment.

All in all, this was a good stay. The hotel would be fabulous for a romantic getaway because of all the small touches and a real treat if you are lucky enough to get a good rate with a conference. it is about a mile from downtown and although walkable, it is just not pedestrian friendly enough yet but it is getting there! I do feel the price was a little high for the area especially given the fact that there are other decent hotels within a block that are much cheaper with larger rooms and mini fridges. The fact that the Hutton is a green hotel is certainly a big plus. I would stay here again if I got a good deal on the room.

Room Tip: There is new building construction on one side of the hotel. I would avoid it if at all possible. Th...
1 Thank pienyereye1
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton with us. I would like to apologize for the construction noise from our neighbors. We are hoping they will be finishing up soon. I’m glad you were happy with our friendly staff and our modern stylish decor. The Nespresso machines is a great amenity of the hotel and we certainly want our guests to utilize the machines on each floor! I am excited to hear you enjoyed the 1808 Grille and I will certainly pass along your positive comments along to our chef and the manager.

We are located in the West End/Midtown area which is about a mile and a half from the heart of downtown. We do have a complimentary shuttle that runs within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. It is on a first come first serve basis and runs from 7:00am-10:30pm 7 days a week.

I am glad to hear overall you enjoyed your time with us. Please keep us in mind next time you visit Music City!!

Best Regards,

Orlando, Florida, Usa
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I liked this hotel very much but their room service is not that great. I stayed two nights and the second day my room was made until 6PM. Also, they only made the bed and not pick the garbage or clean the bathroom.
Everything else was excellent. Their restaurant is great.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thought with us. Please be assured I will address this issue to our Housekeeping Department and will be taking the appropriate actions to ensure they are corrected. We pride ourselves at having an outstanding facility in addition to a great team. I apologize again that your room was not cleaned to your standards.

Other than that I am very glad to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay and the 1808 Grille!

Please keep us in mind next time you are traveling back to Music City!

Warm Regards,
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here because a professional conference was being held at the hotle. Not only was it green but the staff were so gracious and very [rofessional. it was a real pleasure to stay there. They not only provided every amenity for individuals but were also terrific about the confernece space and every problem was solved almost instantaneously although therer were very few. I recommend the hotel very highly.

Room Tip: Book your spa appointment as soon as you arrive. I waited too long --- checking in at 12 on Thurs, h...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hutton. I was very happy to read that our team took great care of you in the hotel and in the confernece space. We have an excellent team who will certainly appreciate hearing about your experience.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Music City.

Warm Regards,

Kibworth Beauchamp, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights, attending a conference held in the hotel. From initial booking query, to my stay, to my checkout, the hotel and its staff were consistently excellent. It location is great, just 15 mins or so taxi ride from Nashville Airport, with plenty of places to eat nearby and not at all far from the downtown music area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience!
I will pass the message along to our staff. There are countless great places to grab a bite to eat within walking distance of the hotel!

We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Music City.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is not the first time I have stayed here, but it will be the last time, which is unfortunate because I really liked it. This week there have been SEVERAL incidents that have made this entire stay unpleasant. I am still here for tonight and after what happened last night was VERY tempted to check out and go someplace else.
Tuesday morning I sent laundry out, brought down to the front desk and was advised it would be ready the next day. By Thursday I still did not have it, called guest services and find out that it hadn't been sent out yet. They were apologetic and took care of it quickly and covered the charge. Had nothing else gone wrong, this would not have upset me, just been annoying.
At 12:30am one night, coworkers returning from a night of partying called the front desk and asked what room I was staying in. They were given the information! I have NEVER ever seen a hotel just give out room numbers, and given the high volume of celebrities that stay here one would think they would be especially sensitive to privacy, but apparently not.
What was the absolute WORST was coming back to my room last night after being out ALL day and finding my door propped open with the deadbolt. The turndown service crew had left my door unlocked and open. Thankfully nothing was missing from my room, but I couldn't believe this happened. I called the front desk who offered to remove a restaurant charge from my bill, which is a very small gesture considering that my door had been left unlocked and open for hours...
Hugely disappointed by this stay.

4 Thank JenTressler
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered while our guest. We pride ourselves in having a great hotel with wonderful service and it is very disappointing when we have fallen so short of these goals as we did with your stay.

If there is an issue our entire team should be doing whatever it takes to ensure the situation is corrected. I have spoken to our Front Desk team, Housekeeping Department, Laundry Department to ensure we are properly responding to all guest concerns.

I would appreciate an opportunity to further discuss your stay if you would like to contact myself directly.

sandre@huttonhotel.com
615.340.9333
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 February 2014

It has a good Nashville vibe. It's a 'Green Hotel' with hints of European sensibilities regarding the hotel. Service fro valet, restaurant and staff was super. Lot's of good looking people work and stay at this hotel. The bar hopped at night and the meals were super. The burger (hard to believe I am saying this) is memorable feast.

Construction is going on nearby but did not bother me in the slightest. It's your choice. All in all I loved this place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hutton. We are a Green Hotel with features from key card light switches, LED lighting fixtures to Kone EcoDisc elevators. The burger is one of my favorite items on the 1808 Grille menu! Great choice!

We look forward to your next stay with us at the Hutton!