“Fantastic Hotel”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Hutton Hotel
Ranked #20 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My favorite place to stay in Nashville: conveniently located, modern and clean, friendly staff. I recommend the Hutton and 1808 Grille to anyone visiting Nashville. There isn't a nicer place anywhere!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank touringmom5
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton with us and your kind review. We do pride ourselves at having a great friendly team at the Hutton and are very proud of them and the 1808 Grille.

We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip to Music City!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was an amazing hotel and experience. We had a king suite with 3 in our party. The accommodations were beautiful but the best part was the staff. Everyone was polite, competent, available and generally awesome. The concierge was very helpful and the access to the shuttle and their excellent staff really assured a successful trip.

Room Tip: higher floor is best as they are constructing buildings on either side of this hotel. Not a noise i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Penny597

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hutton. I’m glad you were happy with our friendly staff. The shuttle is a great amenity of the hotel and we certainly want our guests to utilize it. Our concierges are extremely helpful with giving suggestions of restaurants in the area and suggestions on all of the special events going on in town. We are very proud of our concierge staff and I will share your comments with them.

We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip to Nashville!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I loved every single thing about my stay at the Hutton hotel! The beds and linens were unbelievably comfortable & there were plenty of bath linens provided. Also, the bathroom was spacious, beautiful and well designed. The staff was super courteous and helpful! And the free shuttle was a wonderful surprise. It was a tad further from downtown but, worth every block!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Laura W
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton with us and your kind review. We do pride ourselves at having a great friendly team as well as high quality products such as our bedding and linens. The Molton Brown products that are in all of the guest rooms are also another added bonus. I am glad to hear you took advantage of the complimentary shuttle.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Music City.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

For a girls trip, we really enjoyed this hotel. The accomodations were great and staff very friendly and helpful for recommendations. Comfortable beds and very clean bathrooms. The hotel is a drive to downtoan but there's a hotel car to take you wherever you want to go. We never utilized this because there was a wait but a $7 cab ride to pretty much anywhere was convenient and sufficient.

There is major construction on a building next door which is what we were looking out our window but as it was the weekend, we had no problem with noise, nor did the view bother us.

Room Tip: You could request to stay on the opposite side of the construction if you feel that it would bother...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

I am pleased to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us! Nashville is a great place for a weekend get a way!
The shuttle is a great amenity of the hotel and we certainly want our guests to feel free to utilize it but it is on a first come first serve basis.
Hopefully your travels will bring you back to Music City in the near future! We would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Speaking as a local Nashvillan, the Hutton Hotel has been used by my corporate guests on many occasions and only get rave reviews about the staff and the attentiveness of all employees on duty. While I have not stayed overnight there, I can say personally of the parking staff and concierge and lobby staff. They exhibit such professionalism at the same time, make their guests feel welcome, almost like family. I have eaten at the restaurant there and it was a little pricey but the food was top quality and the presentation what something you would find in a fine dining New York restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the review and glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We do pride ourselves at having a great friendly team at the Hutton and I will certainly share your comments with our valet, concierge and front desk staff. They greatly appreciate hearing from guests who enjoyed their time with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the 1808 Grille. We do pride ourselves in having high quality food which most of our products are purchased locally.

We look forward to having you visit the Hutton again!

Warm Regard,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

A drive by the Hutton does not begin to hint at the lovely hotel hidden inside. A non-descript exterior and high rise construction on both sides of this hotel had me expecting a ho hum hotel, but what a nice surprise. A recent remodel with upscale contemporary decor is very sleek. The staff is friendly and very accomodating. Our room was near the elevator so was a little noisy in late morning with cleaning staff gathering supplies, but was not troublesome. We enjoyed two meals during the day at the 1808 Grille & Lounge - excellent chef - the quinoa salad and crab cake sandwich were delicious! We would definately stay at the Hutton again!

Room Tip: Room near elevator was somewhat noisy at times.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

I am delighted you enjoyed the design and overall feel of the property! We do have construction on both side of our property. White noise machines can be provided at check-in to hopefully take away any noise you might hear. I will pass the message along to our Housekeeping Department about being more cautious in the mornings. The quinoa salad and crab cake sandwich are two very popular menu items! Great choices! I will certainly share your comments with our staff.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Music City.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Initially, I found the Hutton Hotel a bit pricey even at a conference rate. Upon arrival, an unattended SUV was parked under the entrance overhang blocking the flow to the garage. The license plate was "hutton" or "huton1" or something like that. I was not feeling the love at that point to be honest. The parking garage was very close (but really expensive) and the staff at check-in was extremely helpful and nice. The lobby was clean and modern with the restaurant entrance just off to the right. (more on the restaurant in a moment) The room was spacious and the bathroom very large and modern feeling. I was not a fan of the square toilet seat! There were little splashes of color here and there and the art on the wall was interesting. The bed was very comfortable with nice-feeling sheets. My room looked out over downtown and new building construction next door so it was a little loud but the view was urban cityscape chic. You have to put your key card in a slot by the door to turn on the lights which seems like a great idea to conserve power and maintain the green vibe going on.

There was an awesome coffee maker in a common area in my hallway. I hope they never change that because it was a real treat with a good selection of pod-style java. The housekeepers were absolutely great and happily tended to the small requests we made.

The restaurant was superb. I simply cannot say enough good things about the restaurant! Everything we had was delicious! The workout area was very well-appointed and spacious with good equipment.

All in all, this was a good stay. The hotel would be fabulous for a romantic getaway because of all the small touches and a real treat if you are lucky enough to get a good rate with a conference. it is about a mile from downtown and although walkable, it is just not pedestrian friendly enough yet but it is getting there! I do feel the price was a little high for the area especially given the fact that there are other decent hotels within a block that are much cheaper with larger rooms and mini fridges. The fact that the Hutton is a green hotel is certainly a big plus. I would stay here again if I got a good deal on the room.

Room Tip: There is new building construction on one side of the hotel. I would avoid it if at all possible. Th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pienyereye1

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton with us. I would like to apologize for the construction noise from our neighbors. We are hoping they will be finishing up soon. I’m glad you were happy with our friendly staff and our modern stylish decor. The Nespresso machines is a great amenity of the hotel and we certainly want our guests to utilize the machines on each floor! I am excited to hear you enjoyed the 1808 Grille and I will certainly pass along your positive comments along to our chef and the manager.

We are located in the West End/Midtown area which is about a mile and a half from the heart of downtown. We do have a complimentary shuttle that runs within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. It is on a first come first serve basis and runs from 7:00am-10:30pm 7 days a week.

I am glad to hear overall you enjoyed your time with us. Please keep us in mind next time you visit Music City!!