“Great hotel in the heart of Music City”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Ranked #19 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great hotel in the heart of Music City”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If planning a trip to Nashville, be sure to consider a stay at the Hutton Hotel. the Hutton is located near Vanderbilt University and within close proximity of the downtown music district. You will love being close to the bars and restaurants and the Country Music Hall of Fame. The Hutton is a boutique hotel with great individual service and a warm, friendly southern staff.
Rooms at the Hutton are well kept and a nice size. The hotel gym is not hue but has most offering you need while traveling. Both valet parking and a garage are available for a fee. The staff was able and willing to recommend restaurants and activities as well as shopping in the nearby Belle Meade neighborhood famous for its plantation .(Don't miss Anatra Jewel in Belle Meade - amazing creations and a lovely staff as well)

A visit to the Hutton's in-house restaurant - 1808 Grille- is a must : the cuisine is fresh and inventive and the bar offers great, unusual cocktails. The breakfast offerings include a southern flair and the dinners and wine list are varied and delicious.
A stay at the Hutton will not disappoint!

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room not facing the current construction on the property next door for better sleep...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
GTNashville, Rooms Director-GT at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I will share your kind comments with our hotel staff as well as the 1808 Grille staff. I’m glad you utilized the complimentary shuttle service also!

We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Nashville.

Hutton Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

From the moment you step from your cab upon arrival, until the moment you leave the doors on departure, every member of the staff treats you as if you are the only person staying there, and your comfort is their priority. The level of service is paramount to any I've ever received at any other hotels.
Did I mention the hotel robes and complementary slippers, even in a standard room?
The decor is calming, the beds are excellent, and the "rain" shower head is a luxurious treat.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 506. There was no view, and I'm not certain if a better view would be on the o...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joandio
Thank you for taking the time to share your review! I am pleased to read you enjoyed the rainfall showerheads and our beds.
We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Nashville!

Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Sitting in the hotel lobby waiting for my king suite room that I booked almost a year ago for Vanderbilt graduation. The room runs over $500 a night for prime events. Beyond frustrating to be told that after waiting in the lobby for an hour that my room is still not ready (now 4pm).

Stayed May 2014
4 Thank TallOne65
GTNashville, Rooms Director-GT at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
I am are disappointed to hear about your frustrations and that your room was not ready at the advertised time. If you wouldn't mind emailing me your phone number at reservations@huttonhotel.com so I can call and personally apologize.

Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 7 May 2014

If there is one thing I know, it's service. I own a business that is in the service industry, and I always strive to deliver the best to my clients. I booked the Hutton because it was close to the Ryman and other attractions downtown. However, it ended up being one of the best experiences we have ever had with a hotel or business, ever! From the moment my daughter and I arrived, we were treated really well. My daughter rated the hotel as her favorite part of the trip! I was a little apprehensive after reading the comments about the construction noises, but they were not a problem at all. Our room was immaculate, as was all other areas of the hotel. The restaurant was delicious, and the food was very fresh. I pride myself as being somewhat of a scallop snob, as I grew up going to Cape Cod in the summers, and loved eating the fresh scallops prepared by my grandmother. Order the scallops! They were perfect! However, even if the restaurant has no availabilities, the staff will point you in the right direction of other great restaurants nearby. ALL of the staff that I encountered, were helpful, friendly and quick to accommodate. It was a pleasure to meet you all! We will definitely stay here again when in Nashville, and have recommended the Hutton to other friends who will be traveling to the city. After all, it seems to be the place to stay, and you never know who you might see there too. For instance, a former U.S. President, who just happened to make the day for my daughter by stopping to chat with her!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RedLilySpa
We were pleased to hear that you and your daughter had a memorable experience at the Hutton hotel. Your comments regarding the scallops will be shared with the 1808 Grille and the rest of the Hutton staff.

We look forward to your return visit.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed at the Hutton for a girls' trip. Rooms were not ready for check in for hours after the official check in time. Manager was not helpful or particularly pleasant to deal with. Rooms are small and dated. Staff was peppy but not really helpful. Hutton needs a tutorial in customer service!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julie W
I apologize for the delay in the check in process. We were trying to assign several groups of people together so it did limit the availability. This is not a normal occurrence and we can assure you that it will not happen again.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Our daughter goes to school in Nashville, and so we have been frequenting this hotel for years. It has been a favorite of ours. We have noticed some comments about the frosted glass in the shower…which we have come to know well. This time, however, we had a room on the sixth floor which did not have the frosted glass, but had a tiled shower with a regular wall on the other side by the bed. Alas, I have to say, this was a huge problem for me because the shower was moldy, smelled moldy, and had what looked to be mold stains on the lightish colored tile. I would have preferred the former. It was really gross, and I had trouble showering in there. The rest of the room was fine. I don't know what the difference is, but that shower definitely needs to be retiled. For the money, I do expect an updated shower. The rest of the hotel is nice, and the service very good. I just have to downgrade it a bit because of the shower. I am going to begin my search for newer hotels in the area…

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Please except out sincerest apologizes. We have addressed the issue with our Housekeeping Department. Rooms are available without the frosted glass and can be requested at the point of reservation.

Thank you for your feedback with it we will improve your experience.

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The Hutton was a nice hotel, but definitely had some flaws. We didn't hear any noise from the street, but inside the hotel was another story. You can literally hear people talking in their rooms at a normal volume. We heard a couple above us the first night and on the second night,security came to our room twice because of a noise complaint and we were not being loud at all. It was disappointing and frustrating, "loud guests" are not the problem, it's the hotel.

Also, I saw it mentioned in other reviews, but we also had a suite and found it to be very small and also had issues with the room keys. I would say you had to try the key at least 5 times before accessing your room.

Overall, a nice hotel, and the staff was wonderful, welcoming and helpful, but there were just too many flaws for the price.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emily F
We are extremely sorry that you were disturbed due to noise from other guests. This is a highly unusual comment as the Hotel was built with extensive soundproofing. If you wouldn't mind emailing us your room number, I will check personally to see if there is an aberration.

reservations@huttonhotel.com