“Boutique elegance, style and service”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Ranked #20 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. We were impressed from the start when we met the valet parking team. Unexpectedly, and happily, we were upgraded to a wonderful suite. There were lovely touches - fantastic Molton Brown toiletries, complimentary water, a turn down service that included a terrific biscuity-cake sweet, even a "pre-programmable" shower system. We loved the capsule coffee machine on each floor. We ate breakfast in the 1808 Grille restaurant every morning, each time it was excellent, though it was beyond busy on the Saturday while we were there. If you feel like a lighter breakfast there is a "coffee shop" service of beverages and pastries. The reception area is very lively and full of modern art works. Even though we only passed through reception a few times the staff all remembered our names - very personal and very appreciated. Hotel is a few blocks from downtown and all the Nashville nightlife, there is a complimentary shuttle that takes guests into town. We found this service very useful. A really top class establishment, one of the loveliest hotels I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you, Karen, for taking the time to share your experience at the Hutton. I’m glad to hear the entire Hutton team provided you with amazing service during your stay. I am pleased we were able to complimentary upgrade you to the King Suite. That room type has several luxurious features such as the Digital Thermostat system in the shower. I will pass your positive comments regarding your dining experience in the 1808 Grille to our chefs. Our Java bar is great for are not extremely hungry or on the run.

Thank you again and I’m glad you enjoyed yet another stay with us and we look forward to your next trip to Music City!

Hutton Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,022)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Hutton is cool, hip, posh, clean, vibrant, small and boutiquey. They have a fabulous revolving art collection. They are friendly, accomodating, and attentive. I love the size, not too big, not too small. The rooms and suites are well appointed, comfortable and stylish. The beds and linens are very comfortable. We always stay there when visiting in Nashville!

Room Tip: there is a lot of construction going on. try to stay away. very dog friendly too!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I am delighted you enjoyed the design of our modern boutique hotel! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m pleased our friendly staff provided you with attentive and accommodating service. I will pass your positive comments along to them at our next staff meeting.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Music City!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very pleasant staff. Clean rooms and and welcoming environment. Location is very close to downtown. We ended up using the free shuttle to get into the downtown, but trying to coordinate the return back to the hotel at a time when the shuttle was still operating turned out to be too much of a hassle. We flagged a cab down and paid the $10 or so to get back to the hotel. I have no complaints and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patent_Pending_FL
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am happy to hear that our staff provided you with a welcoming environment. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service we have.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The accommodations and the staff at the Hutton hotel made a work meeting feel not so much like work!
After arriving to the hotel earlier than the 3pm check-in, Bryce workeda little magic to get me settled into a room...The rooms were clean, on trend, comfortable and well appointed. The Hutton is all about attention to detail! I absolutely loved the nightly turn down service...each night I truly felt special to see what "treat" was left in my room. Turn down service included setting out the tea and ice along with a treat! I'm a tea drinker so the tea selections scored high on my list.
I also LOVED the FULL SIZE Molten Brown bath products! Yes! And, Kevin, personally changed the shower gel selection for me when I mentioned I'd like to try one of the other aromas! And the second one was even better than the first!
I broke a nail the first day of my trip...but no worries, Robert and the rest of the Hutton "travel" team safely drove me and retrieved me from a nearby nail salon!
And even though we were part of a large group and our meals were served more of a buffet style...kudos to the Hutton catering team. One of the big dreads at these meetings is usually the food, but I found the food to be creative and yummy and the in between meeting snacks exceeded my expectations.
I overall thoroughly enjoyed my stay and all of the little details that make the Hutton special...Cheers to the Hutton (oh and did I mention they serve complimentary wine during Happy Hour as well)!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank etxncheer
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. You seem to have enjoyed every element of your stay from the room accommodations to the service to the complimentary wine hour which makes me very proud. The Hutton team strives to make every stay memorable by paying attention to details! We are also thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy our Molten Brown bath products, turndown service treats and teas. Our banquet catering team prepares delicious meals and I am delighted you and your group were able to enjoy!

Again, thank you so much for visiting us and for your post. We look forward to having you back with us again soon even if it’s for work or leisure!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was a great little hotel. The entire staff was fantastic from the first phone call until we checked out. We had had small problem with the room when we checked in and with one phone not only was it fixed but we were upgraded to a suite. I still can't believe had nice and professional the staff was. The complementary shuttle was another nice thing to have at the hotel we never had to wait for more than 5 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am pleased to hear that our staff provided you with professional and fantastic service while our guest. I apologize for the small issues you had but I am glad we were able to fix them as well as upgrade you to a suite. I am very proud of our staff and will certainly share your comments with them. The first come first serve shuttle is a great amenity of the hotel and I’m pleased to hear you utilized it.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Music City!

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay here. Rooms are nice, hotel seems very clean, and the entire staff was very kind. We had a mysterious $3 mini bar charge upon checkout, but they removed it no questions asked. A little of a walk from downtown, but the free shuttle is very convenient. We also used Uber and Lyft to get around which was really cheap and convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for sharing your Hutton Hotel experience. I’m thrilled the entire Hutton team treated you with open arms. I’m pleased to hear that your Front Desk promptly made that adjustments regarding the mini bar charge. One of our guest’s favorite amenities is the shuttle and I’m glad you utilized it!

We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I booked our room at the Hutton 3 months ago. We arrived on a Monday around 1pm and our room was already ready for us. The room was fabulous! The bathroom was very roomy, it had a rain shower and a glass sink. We had a king bed which was very comfortable and had lots of pillows. The TV viewing experience wasn't all that great. The TV kept freezing so we had to refresh by changing the channel. We looked all over for an ice machine and instead found little baggies of ice by the coffee bar on each level. Now for a hotel that considers itself "green" I found this to be a bit odd. Little bags of ice tends to cause quite a bit of waste.
We were concerned with disturbing anything in the mini bar (we didn't want to get charged for something we didn't consume) so we called the front desk. They were very helpful by offering to bring us up a 2nd mini fridge. We were able to use this to store leftover food and beverages.
We took a short tour of the hotel and we were surprised to find there is no pool! Not even a hot tub or steam room in the workout facility. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and they all have pools. I was surprised, and a little disappointed, to see a 4 star hotel did not have a pool.
We parked in the self-park section of the parking garage and didn't have any problems. The hotel offers a free shuttle within 3 miles of the hotel so we used that most nights to get downtown. Cabs are cheap and easy to find after the shuttle stops at 10:30.
We ate at the hotel restaurant 1808 our last night in the hotel and the food was fabulous. We started with drinks- their wine menu is quite extensive. They didn't have what my husband ordered so the bartender came over and recommended a similar beer and it was very tasty. We had the duck meatball and the flatbread to start. I had the braised short ribs and they were fabulous! Very tender and the sauce was delicious. My husband had the cast iron chicken and it was very good too.
One downside to the hotel was that there was a lot of construction going on outside. Every morning we were woken up by some beeping that I think was a truck backing up. Luckily the black-out curtains made it so dark in the room we were able to fall back asleep pretty easily.
After we returned home I realized I had left some items in the closet and called as soon as I realized my mistake. They were very kind in helping me. They offered to either use the USPS or FedEx to return my items.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Higher rooms will probably be less noisy due to the construction below.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Valerie-thank you for taking the time to share your stay at the Hutton. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us but I would like to apologize for the issues you had with your TV. We are working with our TV vendor to reduce the issues you had encountered. I’m glad to hear the Front Desk was able to fulfill your request for the additional mini fridge and provide you with excellent helpful service. The complimentary shuttle is a great amenity of the hotel and I’m pleased that ya’ll were able to utilize it.
It sounds like you had a great dining experience in 1808 Grille. Your comments regarding the duck meatball, flatbread, braised short ribs, and cast iron chicken will be shared with the 1808 Grille chefs. I do apologize about the construction from both of our neighbors. While we cannot control the progress within the city limits of Nashville we are sincerely apologetic for this inconvenience while our guest. I am delighted that we were able to send you some of the items you left behind during your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us!