“Bit too far away from the centre”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hutton Hotel

Ranked #19 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
“Bit too far away from the centre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Hutton is a modern boutique hotel which sits in an area of Nashville currently undergoing a lot of building work. The hotel is perhaps a little far from the hub of the city, albeit there are courtesy buses which run into the club area. We walked one evening but it probably took around 40 mins and was across some pretty busy roads.

The service in the hotel was excellent until we locked our keys in our hire car and nobody seemed able to help. In fact, it was actually a waiter at breakfast who helped us the following day by mentioning that General Motors have a central system called On Star, which unlocks cars remotely. He got a big tip.

I would recommend the hotel but only if you are prepared to travel to eat or rely on buses and taxis.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gingersheep
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton hotel. I would like to apologize for the construction from our neighbors. All areas of Nashville are up and coming with new restaurants and businesses popping up everywhere! I’m happy to hear that an 1808 Grille serve was able to assist you with unlocking your car. I will bring it to the attention of our valet staff be more attentive to guests in needs in our next staff meeting.

Thank you for your feedback and we have you come back to Music City soon!

Hutton Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is an excellent choice for a stay in Nashville.
. The location is very convenient to all the local attractions. Rooms were clean and well maintained, the showers we're great. The entire staff we came in contact with was very professional and friendly. The only minor negative was they were remodeling the restaurant and we would have like to have tried a meal there. Overall though we had an excellent stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hi Tim, Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton. Our central location is great for visiting countless of the local attractions. We do pride ourselves at having a great professional friendly team and I’m glad to hear our staff provided you with just that! I would like to apologize that we were installing the new refurbished hardwood floors in the 1808 Grille while you were our guest. We had originally planned for the new flooring instillation to occur on July 2nd-4th however due to renovation hick ups we had to push it back to the following issue. We apologize for this deeply and I would love talk to you personally speak with regarding this. Below you will find my contact information. (615.712.2300 or dvandersall@huttonhotel.com)

Thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our room wasn't ready when we arrived and we were given a complimentary drink in the bar. The room was very nice and clean. I loved the electronic shower controls and the glass vanity in the bathroom. Our room had a good view, don't know for how long, there was construction next door. The on site restaurant, 1808 Grille was very good also. We dined there for dinner and then brunch the next day. The check-in/check-out process went very quickly and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is within walking distance to the Bridgestone Arena (about a mile away). I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hutton. I would like to apologize for the delay in your check in process but I am glad that you were able to enjoy a complimentary drink on us. The digital thermostat is a special relaxing touch in all of our King Suites. The 1808 Grille has delicious options for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I will pass your positive comments along to our team of chefs.

Thank you again and we hope you have stay with us again soon!
Chicago IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Was expecting much greater things from the Hutton given all the press it has received recently but I probably would not stay here again. There wasn't really anything to the Hutton, lobby was kind of boring, not much of a lounge/bar just a restaurant with a few bar stools. Feels like a Best Western that went through a re-brand...
The valet situation and getting into the hotel is kind of a disaster. No fault of the valet crew but merely how the hotel was designed.
Good location if you want to be close to the Gulch bad location if you want to be able to walk to Broadway etc.
Service was great during our stay, Lindsey the concierge was excellent and went out of her way to help us

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rajp4
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Our central location is great for visiting the Gulch, the Vanderbilt area among many other great areas of Nashville. Also thank for your encouraging comments regarding Lindsey; she is a great asset to the concierge and Hutton team. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding you stay. We always appreciate hearing from our guest.

We hope you come back to Music City soon!

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have now stayed here twice. I must admit this place surprises me. Such a nice little hotel, with a great feel. The rooms are very nice, bed is comfy, bathroom has the coolest vanity I have ever seen in a hotel. The staff has been consistent on both trips. When I say consistent, I mean you cannot pass a member of the staff that does not say "hi" and I hope you have a nice day or night. This is from wait staff, to engineers, to house keeping. Turn down service is very nice, and there is plenty of parking (valet or self). The food is good, though I wish the place had a small shop to buy soda's and such. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Barry G
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you, Barry, for sharing your experience with at the Hutton. I’m pleased to hear the entire Hutton team provided you with consistence friendly service during your stay. I will certainly let the staff know at our next staff meeting.

I’m glad you enjoyed yet another stay with us and we look forward to your next trip to Music City!

Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I stayed one night at the Hutton while on a trip south. We had stayed there a year before for our honeymoon and enjoyed the hotel so much then that we wanted a repeat experience. The hotel is just as fantastic as it was a year ago. The boutique hotel vibe, with the artwork and trendy furnishings, is great, but what truly makes this hotel stand out is the service. Everyone, from the valets to the front desk staff to the restaurant, is incredibly friendly and helpful. You feel that they truly want you to have a great experience. Our room was clean, and I'm in love with the Molton Brown products. The cocktails at the 1808 bar were lovely and the bartending staff was fantastic. The hotel shuttle was incredibly helpful in getting us to our restaurant reservation downtown. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and definitely plan to stay here on any future trips to Nashville.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I am thrilled to hear that your second stay was as great at your first stay with us! I’m also glad you and your husband enjoyed our modern upscale trendy furnishing as well as our friendly staff. I am very proud of them and will pass your positive comments along. Our 1808 bartenders make some of the most declivous cocktails in town! The complimentary shuttle and the Molton Brown products are some of our guest’s favorite amenities we offer.

I could not be happier that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you back a third time.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel even though it is a little away from the main strip is perfect.. From the minute we walked in the staff could not have been any nicer. Michael checked us in and surprised us with a room upgrade. We were thrilled the room had a small living area and a separate bedroom, absolutely perfect. you have to have a drink at the bar, the bartenders were great!!! Our stay was a short one however if we are ever in Nashville, The Hutton would be our choice again. Thank you for making our stay a great one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GTNashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I am pleased to hear that our staff provided you with fantastic service while our guest. I am glad we were able to upgrade you to our Luxurious King Suite. I’m glad you were able to enjoy the company of our 1808 bartenders! They are all amazing and can give great suggestions of things to do around Nashville. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!