“I would NOT book here again.”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Hutton Hotel
Ranked #19 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 11 March 2010

Let me say that I have become a traveler in the past two years now that my children are older. I always look online to check out hotel reviews so that my stay will be enjoyable. I'm a former employee of Walt Disney Resorts and I must say that I know the ins and outs of hotels and how the guest should be treated and how mistakes are fixed so that you don't have to worry about bad reviews like this one. I booked at the Hutton Hotel because I was visiting a friend I use to work with at Disney. She now lives in Nashville and we haven't seen one another in 9 years. I did my detective work and checked out the Hutton and saw that it was a very posh hotel that I would love to treat my Husband and children to a very nice Hotel. I booked online and got a great winter deal for $132 a night for 4 people. And we would stay from Feb 27 to March 3. A few days before leaving we had a death in the family and I called the Hotel asking if we could arrive a day later and that we would have 5 people now with us. The man on the phone said that it would be no problem and that we could have a roll away bed for $20 added a night. Which was fine. We drove 8 hours to get to the Hutton Hotel and arrived very tired with three kids and a cranky hubby. We check in and go up to our room and see that there is no room for a roll away bed , so I call down to front desk and they tell me with the fire code ( I know this from Disney) that we can't stay in the room with 5 people. So I ask to be transferred to a room that can fit all of us. Of course they tell me they are all booked and that I can have a 2nd room at half price ( $99) ok, if you are paying attention my rate was $132 a night so half of that should be....$66 plus tax. Well after arguing and begging for the rate to drop Sosie the manager gives me a rate of $75 a night for 2nd room. At that point I'm like fine. My Husband on the other hand tells me upstairs we are only staying for a night and leaving. It's the principle of it. They should have given more because of THEIR MISTAKES. So, we leave the next morning and end up staying at the Marriott Courtyard across the street and let me tell you stay there instead. THEY WERE AWESOME! Not as a posh but kissed my butt like a hotel should. Let me tell you what Disney always told us as employees. People save their money and want an experience like no other. whether it is a $400 a night or a $89 a night. The guest should always be treated as that a guest. Maybe Sosie from Hutton Hotel should work at Disney for a bit to learn what Hospitality should be.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
10  Thank myhrtbelongsto316
Write a ReviewReviews (2,006)

Reviewed 10 March 2010

Please bear with me as this will be rather long. Id like to start by saying I am a seasoned traveler and I am aware that hotels will hold funds on your credit card until check out time. I was only in Nashville for a weekend trip and had heard wonderful things about the Hutton on Trip Advisor so I booked two nights. Upon check in I presented my credit card that I had previously paid down to zero for the purpose of the hotel charges. My card has a 500.00 limit. The room for two nights was 450.00. The card was declined with no explaination by the desk clerk. I reluctantly handed over my debit card for the check in, and when I went to the room I rang my credit card company who told me the card was declined because they had tried to charge 652.00 to the card. I wanted to take a shower before dinner and there was no hot water to be had. I had to call maint. up to the room to get the hot water going for me. I had dinner that night and spent a little money, I had $800.00 with me for the weekend trip. The next morning when I tried to withdraw cash for breakfast I had no access to the rest of the money in my checking account. At this point it dawned on me that they must have put a hold on my debit card funds in the amount of $652.00 (hotel fees and 100.00 night for incidentals). I went to the desk with a plan to solve the problem. I wanted to pay in advance for the two nights, then use my debit card for the 200.00 incidental fee hold. I explained what I wanted to do so I would be able to have money for my trip to the desk and they charged my card for the room. I tried to withdraw my funds and there was still a hold on my money. The front desk told me it was Sunday and the money hold wouldnt lift until Monday. So now, I had no credit card AND no access to my cash in a city a long way from home. I was very upset that the front desk did not communicate this to me before charging the other card. They told me to call my credit card company and tell them to reverse the charge, after a long wait on hold the card company told me the MERCHANT needs to make this phone call. The Hutton did finally make the call for me and I again had credit card access but at this point I wanted to check out and be done with the hotel a day early. The Hutton did refund half of the room fee for my one night stay for my troubles. The next morning my $652.00 was still not available to me. When I called the Hutton they said the the charges were reversed and it must be my bank that has a wait policy on the fund availability and that I should wait three days. Well, Im back home three days later...and no money is available. I call my bank, they tell me the Hutton never released the hold on the funds. Now Im back on the phone with the Hutton AGAIN. Round and round we go and I STILL dont have my $652.00!!! I am completely livid with this hotel and will NEVER stay here again. If you have money to blow and dont mind them holding it for as long as they want to...please stay here. If you are a person who saves money away for trips to splurge a little hard earned cash on themselves please look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank MrsMraz
Reviewed 7 March 2010

From the moment we checked in we were happy! The service - valet, concierge, check-in, service - was just so attentive. The managers serve a wine hour between 5-6 PM so we were served a glass of wine as we checked in. Our room was beautiful. The bathroom had double molded-glass sinks in the glass counter. The shower has a rain showerhead and frosted glass that faces into the room - cool. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well! We each had a Hutton lush bathrobe, plenty of towels and glasses and amenities. And the door had a doorbell! It also had a button that lit up in the hall for "Do not disturb" and one for "Please make up the room". Each afternoon the hotel offers a tureen of hot cider as you come in from your day's events. You hang a bag on the door at night and you receive a "USA Today" newspaper in the morning. The hotel seeks to serve with accomodating your every need. We really loved our stay here and would not hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2010

After reading several nice reviews about the Hutton, we decided to book a night there. We weren't disappointed at all. Aside from the $20 self-parking charge, we were thoroughly impressed with this property. The lobby is elegant with art and sculptures. The staff at the front desk (actually a real desk, with chairs and everything) was competent and efficient. Our rooms, a standard king, was very nice (except for the view overlooking a vacant, muddy lot). The shower was a rain-shower, with the water raining down from center. They provided quality name-brand shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. The room had several energy-saving features, such as lights that turn off when you take your room key. I don't think they offered wireless internet, but I was able to use the network cable going to the phone and plug it into my Ethernet port; worked just fine. Overall, I consider this hotel to be an excellent value.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Having stayed here previously and for a total of six nights on various dates I can say the staff really have a wonderful attitude towards their guests. My unusual requests are treated here with sincere helpfulness. Just ask and you shall receive. Nothing is deferred to a superior or avoided in anyway , everyone takes ownership of any request or problem that arises as if they were the sole owner of the whole hotel. All of the staff give the impression that you are THEIR personal guest in their own personal hotel. The gym is great, the Wifi is lightning fast and the muffins at the breakfast counter are worth traveling from Finland for. The Hutton is a new hotel with a wonderful youthful staff that will make this a truly unbeatable hotel on a global scale as they gain experience. With experience they will have their machine oiled to run like a Rolls Royce V8 and the guests will be cossetted like in a Silver Shadow. Management: keep taking good care of your staff, you don't want to lose them.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2010

This is a very nice, very modern hotel that makes a nice contrast to the Hermitage, one of my favorite hotels, also in Nashville. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable, but a little small with not quite enough storage space if you want to unpack for a longer stay.

Most nights it was very quiet, but if there is a lot of activity around you it can get a little noisy. It is more of a hip party hotel than the Hermatige. The restaurant is good, the gym is very nice, much better than most.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2010

From the minute you drive up , you are greeted and taken care of like no other hotel we have been to lately. The staff is fabulous, the hotel is clean, modern and a green hotel. Just fabulous bedding and rooms are just more than wonderful! We will go back soon and enjoy this heavenly get away. Also dined at 1808 Grille...very good food and service. The weather was warm and we walked to 2nd Avenue, an easy distance and a lot to see on the way. Enjoyed this so much.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple