Hutton Hotel
Ranked #19 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 13 May 2010

During my last business trip to Nashville,I spent 3 nights at the Hutton. The location is excellent and the staff is always very friendly. The Hutton is always my first choice when coming to Nashville. Be aware, there is a $20 parking fee during your stay, but don't let that discourage you from staying at this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,006)

Reviewed 13 May 2010

The Hutton 'gets' customer service! We were always asked if there was anything else they could do for us. Loved the individually wrapped ice packets and expresso machine on each floor. Contemporary design in a convenient location--thanks Hutton Hotel-you helped us love Nashville even more than we hoped!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Stayed at the Hutton Hotel while in town with my daughter for a Vanderbilt college visit. The hotel is lovely. We loved our clean large room with extremely comfortable beds. Loved the bath products and shower. The hotel work out room and restaurant are terrific as is the staff. Took advice from staff on a restaurant to visit for dinner and had a wonderful meal as well as a ride in their complimentary Lexus to the restaurant. The location of the hotel was not what we had imagined as we were not walking distance to the college or to the night life. It was only a short drive, but a drive. Terrific hotel for business or travel with a vehicle.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2010

My stayed at the Hutton Hotel was a good experience, until I got the bill. I was told when I checked in that there would be a $300 dollar hold on my card, since I was using a bankcard to cover my room. I was also told the $300 dollars would be refunded to me when I checked out. I checked out and got home only to find that my card had been charged for the price of my stay +$300 dollars! I called the hotel and I was told that they charge for the total amount and within 3 to 5 business days you will be refunded the $300. I was floored. This was not what I was told upon checking in. Just know that if you use a bank card or check card to hold your room or pay for incidentals you will have a deficit of $300 on your bank account for 3 to 5 business days.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Sonya1974
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I meet a friend from Atlanta in Nashville as it was half way for both of us. The Hutton Hotel was in the perfect spot for walking downtown or to the fun places to eat and drink around Vanderbilt. The beds were heavenly, but the best...the rain shower! The friendliness was much appreciated as we just sat in the lobby and talked for awhile each evening. The cost made it an exceptional deal plus I like that it is environmentally friendly. Stay here; you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I stay and have stayed at a lot of gorgeous hotels. Up until this trip, I always stayed at The Hermitage in Nashville. However, with everyone tightening their belts, my travel budget refuses for me to pay the somewhat steep amount (and they aren't flexible on their price). Thus, I tried this place. WOW. Before staying there, I read a review in a travel magazine and they nailed it. A beautiful, but not stuffy hotel. The staff can match anything I have experienced at a Ritz. Everyone seems well trained and genuinely happy with their job. One thing I have to commend this hotel on is their green initiative. Every hotel touts it but usually it feels like the hotel is just trying to save a dime and increase profits. Not this place. They have dual flush toilets, awesome showers, and a nice relaxing room. Best of all, they require you to put your room key in a slot in order to turn on the lights. Europe has had this for some time and I never understood why US hotels didn't adopt it. Well, one finally did. I did not try out their gym since I was up late working and opted for a breakfast instead. The breakfast (food) was excellent and very affordable. The only complaint was a busboy (who thought he was much more hip than he really was) that insisted on hollering across the restaurant to a colleague. It was so bad, I almost said something.
The location of this hotel is very good, right by Vanderbilt in the West End. I personally like the Hermitage's location better since it is right across the street from a beautiful city library. Also, the Hermitage has one of my favorite dining rooms in the entire Southeast. The Chef's last name is Tyler and is up and coming regionally. Also, for a drink, go to the Hermitage. They make a fantastic Old Fashioned (which seems to be rarity for some reason). If you have a long night of working, there is a fabulous Wine/Spirits store that is 2 blocks from the Hutton. It is on Church and it is better than anything I have seen in Atlanta.
In closing, The Hutton is superb. Really superb. You won't be disappointed. ...and if you are, something tells me that the hotel will make it right (just like the ritz does).

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank dhp
Reviewed 25 April 2010

This hotel was converted from an office building. The public areas and rooms are very well appointed. Most impressive is the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. It is well located on the West End of town near Vanderbilt. The restaurant, 1808 Grille has very good food and outstanding service. The bartenders had great local knowledge and directed us to a sports bar to watch the NCAA basketball finals.
Business Center has limited capability.

Typically stay at the Hermitage, but will be returning here on next trip.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business