“Great Sleek Hip Hotel”

home
“Great Sleek Hip Hotel”
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Always my first choice!
My favorite sleek hip hotel to stay at in Nashville. Rooms are lovely, Nespresso machines for cappacino in the hallways on every floor. Mini Bakery is open in the lobby in the mornings for a quick pastry or muffin. 1808 Grill located off the lobby is a great place for dinner without having to leave hotel. Recently rated one of Nashvilles best new restaraunts. Great atmosphere, food was tasty. Hotel has a shuttle to run you to and from music venues etc. Concierge is very knowledgable about what/who is playing around town and the ins and outs of "getting in" to the venue. Front desk staff are a bit aloof...wish they had an express checkout as you have to wait to "have the pleasure" of sitting down with them again on your way out. All in all very stylish hotel, with interesting people watching in the lobby! Definately book online if possible, rates are much better than direct thru hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 27 May 2010

We spent one night at the Hutton, a lovely boutique hotel in Nashville, while in town for a James Taylor concert. My husband and I and another couple had rooms on the 10th floor. We were completely impressed from start to finish. The room was extremely clean and decorated in the European tradition. The bathroom was wonderful - huge glass shower (water from above with plenty of pressure) and soft large towels. The King bed was very comfortable as were the pillows, with a cozy duvet. Our friends' room had double sinks, while our shower was a little larger, but both were equally spacious for a hotel. The ONLY comment I would have would be to request a room away from the elevator and the espresso bar (which is located in the hall). We knew better, but forgot to request that, and the hotel was full so we couldn't change rooms. Also, the curtains are not blackout curtains, so if that is important to you, perhaps you should ask when you book a room if there are other options, but it was still plenty dark enough to sleep. Overall, a comfortable, clean and upscale hotel with excellent service and attentive employees. Parking is included and you can take the hotel shuttle if available. Good, safe location - an excellent choice.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 May 2010

The Hutton is a terrific Nashville hotel. The staff is very professional and eager to please. Love the room layout, the large bathrooms, and the great views. Solid fitness room with complementary bottles of water. The restaurant, 1808 Grille, is excellent and a local favorite which is unusual for a hotel restaurant.

Dallas, GA
Reviewed 13 May 2010

During my last business trip to Nashville,I spent 3 nights at the Hutton. The location is excellent and the staff is always very friendly. The Hutton is always my first choice when coming to Nashville. Be aware, there is a $20 parking fee during your stay, but don't let that discourage you from staying at this fantastic hotel.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 13 May 2010

The Hutton 'gets' customer service! We were always asked if there was anything else they could do for us. Loved the individually wrapped ice packets and expresso machine on each floor. Contemporary design in a convenient location--thanks Hutton Hotel-you helped us love Nashville even more than we hoped!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Stayed at the Hutton Hotel while in town with my daughter for a Vanderbilt college visit. The hotel is lovely. We loved our clean large room with extremely comfortable beds. Loved the bath products and shower. The hotel work out room and restaurant are terrific as is the staff. Took advice from staff on a restaurant to visit for dinner and had a wonderful meal as well as a ride in their complimentary Lexus to the restaurant. The location of the hotel was not what we had imagined as we were not walking distance to the college or to the night life. It was only a short drive, but a drive. Terrific hotel for business or travel with a vehicle.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 May 2010

My stayed at the Hutton Hotel was a good experience, until I got the bill. I was told when I checked in that there would be a $300 dollar hold on my card, since I was using a bankcard to cover my room. I was also told the $300 dollars would be refunded to me when I checked out. I checked out and got home only to find that my card had been charged for the price of my stay +$300 dollars! I called the hotel and I was told that they charge for the total amount and within 3 to 5 business days you will be refunded the $300. I was floored. This was not what I was told upon checking in. Just know that if you use a bank card or check card to hold your room or pay for incidentals you will have a deficit of $300 on your bank account for 3 to 5 business days.

3 Thank Sonya1974