“Great option”

Ranked #18 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Victoria, Canada
“Great option”
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Hutton is located about a 15 minute walk to downtown - Broadway. It made a great bit of exercise every day. They also offered a shuttle which was great for those days we didnt feel like walking.
Great service and friendly staff. Sometimes the service was a bit much = over serviced; however it was still good.
Food in restaurant was good, a bit pricey but very nice.

THe business center is minimal, but satisfactory for basic printing etc. Fitness room is open 24 hours and alright facilities.

Coffee on each floor (espresso) very nice!! also coffee machines in room and available in lobby too.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Rocky River
Reviewed 19 November 2010

We were in the hotel for a business meeting, which is right next to Vanderbilt in Nashville. The hotel had a lot of nice touches - very high quality sheets and comforters, glass sink (high cool factor), unique showerheads that made a rain effect, easy and free wi-fi, high quality soap and shampoo, clean room, cider in the lobby, turn down service, robes and slippers, nice, newer flat screens.

well informed and attentive staff. one of the best fitness facilities I have been to for a medium sized hotel. Also, very quiet - great for those of us who have trouble sleeping out of town. I had to make a change in travel plans, and the staff made it easy and were very friendly.

Overall - I got the impression that hotel management said, "what all can we reasonabley do to make people comfortable" - then went out and did it.

Meeting rooms were very nice - everything you need and expect.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Olney, Maryland
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Eclectic environment makes this an interesting property. Very pleased with the room and most of the service. Notable exception is the concierge services who was not particularly well-versed in Nashville activities and downright misleading about securing passes to the Steamboat show and tour. A little difficult to navigate the hotel due to poor signage and quirky reception (hint - traditional reception desk doesn't exist) Nice restaurant and particularlypleasant & helpful staff in the lounge area. Very nice fitness center but no pool/spa options.

Parking charge is easy to avoid. Park on the street on behind the hotel and save $20 per day.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
MS
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Very trendy and modern hotel on a great location close to everything in Nashville.
The check in/out was quick. The rooms are small but perfect with a very comfortable bed, awesome bathroom and good view. The hotel offers nice touches like coffee bar in each floor, wine hour on thursday... It's expensive thought but I was happy to pay for it... except for over 20 usd per parking daily! I recommend it and if I ever go back I'll likely stay there!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 November 2010

We live and Nashville and chose to stay at the Hutton on our wedding night because we'd heard such good things. My advice? Don't believe the hype.

The trouble first started when we booked a block of rooms here for out-out town guests. Only when our guests called, they were told the hotel was booked even though there was availability. We later found out this was because of a lack of communication between the reservation and special events desk -- but as a busy bride it was one more thing I had to resolve, which I found unacceptable for such a nice hotel.

Days before our wedding, I dropped off special gift bags for our guests, and the receptionist was very rude and looked at us like we were crazy when we dropped them off to be distributed. Both my mother and sister, who were with me, commented on how rude she was.

Finally, on our wedding night, we checked into the hotel. The rooms were nice, the beds were comfortable and I loved the design and the complementary hair products. But I was disappointed the hotel management didn't send up a bottle of champagne for the occasion. That aside, we settled in for a nice evening. The following morning, I was making use of the bath robe and the slippers, but when I put my hand in the robe I found a CONDOM! It was in the wrapper, but it was clear the robe hadn't been washed from the last use.

I told the front desk this as we checked out, and they comped our valet parking -- a small compensation. I was really looking forward to staying here and I'm sad it was such a terrible experience. I hope they can get the chip off their shoulder and resolve the service issues because to me, good service is what sets apart a top-notch hotel.

10 Thank TNHoneymooners_10
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We just stayed at the Hutton Hotel in Nashville for a long Halloween weekend. I was disappointed when a special deal they were advertising on their website wasn't available due to occupancy (20% off if you stay 3 nights). This was odd to me since the hotel was not crowded at all! We still stayed there anyway. The shower is AWESOME and the beds are super comfy! Parking is $20 additional a day....you can park on the streets around the hotel for free. You'll need to take a cab or drive to the bars, etc at Broadway and 2nd unless you are up for a fairly long walk. Forget about using the hotel shuttle....never available even though they say it only goes within a 3 mile range. So, comfy hotel with interesting decor, friendly staff except for one manager, would recommend if you can get it for less then $200 a night!

tallahassee
Reviewed 29 October 2010

I have stayed at the Hutton many times .. and the last time is always as great as the 1st... everyone is so friendly and they really go the extra mile to make your stay more comfortable.. and I must say the Housekeepers they have are the best ... One in paticular is my favorite... Vanessa you are awesome and I want to personally thank you for the great service and always with a smile.. My request will be for you as my Housekeeper when I return back to the Hutton.. and I am telling all my friends about it too.. We travel to Nashville alot and the Hutton will be our Hotel ...Thanks