“Good stop for a few days, but "grass looked greener" next door.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Two Rivers Campground
Okeechobee, Florida
“Good stop for a few days, but "grass looked greener" next door.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We camped here fin our 5th wheel or four nights while visiting family in Nashville. The campsite is clustered into an area full of RV stores and two other big campsites (Jellystone and KOA). Sites are pretty much right on top of each other and the adjacent freeway will wake you up in the morning. I jogged through the Jellystone campground and wished we had stayed there as it was further removed from the road and seemed to have a lot more shade trees. Overall though I can't complain too much - the people who worked at the campground were very nice as were all the people we met. They even had live entertainment 2 of the nights we were there! .

Room Tip: Ask for a space at the back of the campground farther from the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JVBV

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed our second night in an RV at Two rivers. My wife and I rented this a for a trip to see if we wanted to buy one. We were pleased with the facilities although some areas seemed a bit dated. The staff and neighbors were friendly and overall a good value.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank rwinter4480
Clay, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We just spent a weekend at Two Rivers and found it to be very nice. They had a very nice and helpful staff. The pool was clean and on Friday night we enjoyed some live music at the campground. The only negative thing I can say about the place was the bathroom and shower stalls were tiny but they were clean. They are open year round and we plan to go back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sbuck2013
Shorewood, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

There were some pros and cons to this park, but the pros definitely outweighed the cons. On the lower level of this campground is where you will find the most scenic sites, with most sites being right on one of the two rivers. You can camp next to one and see the other across the road (where there are also campsites). I did not feel crammed into a site either, they very relatively spacious. The sites are also clean and grassy, not dirt. The upper level seemed more crowded and not much to look at. Bring bikes, because it is a little bit of a haul to the pool, mini golf, store and other features.... including the shower house. I wish they would have showers located on the lower level. They do have a nice bathroom area that is kept very clean. In fact the whole park is clean!
this park is great because you can have the nature feel from the river, where there is a great swimming area and easy fishing right from your campsite. You also can have more of the resort feel by heading up the hill to the main building with lots of amenities, including the clean and large swimming pool!
We decided to do some tubing down the river as well. Signed up, picked out which tube to use, got on a bus. We were driving to some unmaked location and the driver just opened the door and pointed to a path. My kids and I have never gone tubing and were expecting some instruction or safety talk, but we were literally just dropped off without any talk of what to expect. Would have been nice to know what the condition of the river was like... anything! Well, to make things shorter, the current took me right into a fallen tree, where I was swept under and barely managed to get back out. The current was so strong that I used every bit of strength to hold on to that limb before another tuber and my son were able to help me back on my tube that went down the river without me. I did report the incident to the office and they knew exactly which tree I was talking about. What was frustrating to me is how we did not receive any warning about this danger that they knew about. And no information about what to do if there was an emergency or something as simple as losing a tube. Just seemed like they got there money so thats it! I seriously almost drowned! I would warn against going tubing!
The staff were OK. They were just there to do their job, nothing more or less. Not very friendly, just aloof.
My other con is that they did not in force curfew. I had a big group camped across the street who did not even try to be concerned for other campers who might be trying to sleep. I am alright with people having fun, but they were VERY loud until about 2 A.M. on a Thursday night. Curfew is 11.
I will go back to this park because it was clean and I like both the river fun (minus the terrifying tubing) and the great pool area. It is a great place to go for 2 night, anymore would be to much. I grew up in the area, so have other draws to the area. But the towns themselves do not offer much. If you do camp here, be sure to check out the Creamery in Rice Mn. about 5 minutes way. Good down-home cooking!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Kathy S
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Nice clean sites, bathrooms, laundry and pool are always clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. I asked if the grocery stores would be open on a holiday and the owner herself, called Kroger to see if they would be open. Stayed there Labor day 2013 and they had a pizza party by the pool and fed us all. Very nice place. We can get the shuttle to downtown and not have to drive in Nashville traffic. The sites are level and roomy. Don't have to worry about trees-because they are always trimmed. They have music at the campground on certain evenings, there is a Walmart 2 exits down or grocery stores a few blocks away. Very convenient, very easy to get to, very reasonably priced. We visit there every year and Two Rivers is our Favorite campground.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Carol H
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed for two nights and it was very pleasant. Site had full hook up and was level. It was located next to Camping World which we wanted to visit. Also there were motorhome sales near so we could check out newer motorhomes.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ron B
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is an easy to find campground very near to Opryland. We made our reservations by phone the morning of and they provided for our late arrival. Very clean and well maintained. We will definitely stay there next time we pass through Nashville, TN. We will take advantage of the down town shuttle next time.

Room Tip: This is a campground with very easy pull throughs
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family