“Not bad, not great!”

Ranked #69 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Boise, Idaho
“Not bad, not great!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is a pretty typical Holiday Inn Express, as opposed to a normal Holiday Inn. I was very thankful they were able to check us in early and the rooms were already clean. They decor of the whole hotel was very modern which I always love to see.

There was a lot going on as far as maintenance and noise but that was during the day before our scheduled check in time so I did not mind much. Location wasn't all that great but you will save A LOT choosing to stay here (about 5 miles outside of downtown) as opposed to in downtown.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your feedback in regards to our hotel. We are glad that we were accomodating to you and hope to see you again soon. Have a great day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stay out of town three to four times a year for work, anywhere from one to four nights at a time. It had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Express off White Bridge Rd (address is Lenox Ave.) in Nashville, TN. To summarize up front, my entire stay was excellent.

The staff was very friendly and tended to a couple of requests I had very promptly. My room was spotless and the bed and pillows were comfortable as usual. The bathroom, while not spacious, was certainly ample, with great water pressure and all the hot water I could handle.

I had one maintenance issue - the air conditioner would not stay on long enough to cool the room down. I reported this issue to the front desk on the first morning, just before departing for work. When I returned, the problem had been fixed. The maintenance man, William, even came to my room shortly after I returned to verify that I was satisfied with the repair and to let me know that he would be there until 8 pm should I need him to return.

Rebekah, the sharp young lady that worked the front desk, was by far the most courteous and helpful of any front desk associate I have ever had to deal with. She made me and each customer I saw her interact with feel like we were the only customer in the hotel; she was expeditious and courteous, and took the time to thoroughly answer all questions that were presented to her. She remembered my room number without having to look up my name, and I heard her ask several guests as they entered or exited the lobby how their day was or if they there was anything they needed. For me, she recommended two great local restaurants as well as a trustworthy cab service that I took to downtown Nashville mid-week. In addition, she had the security guard come pick up my damp at 10:30 pm when I realized that I left the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door during the day and therefore had not received housekeeping service.

Again, I cannot overstate how completely happy I was staying here. Knowing now that the drive I had to the site I am working is about 40 minutes each way, and that there are plenty of hotels closer to the work location, I will definitely be staying here every time I come to Nashville.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel and for making us a great hotel that our guests love. As a valued guest, your opinion matters greatly to us, and we are glad that we were able to make your stay a stay a great one. Please come back to visit us again soon, have a great day.
Austin, TX
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice already and both times we've had great stays. In our most recent stay we were in Nashville for a wedding, from the moment we arrived at the hotel to when we left we can truly say it is a pleasure to stay here. The rooms are extremely clean, housekeeping does an excellent job in keeping these rooms in a great condition. I absolutely love the mattresses, I was able to get a good sleep. The hostess at the breakfast bar (2 ladies) are very polite and friendly and keep the bar stocked fully even when it is extremely busy. They do a great job in keeping up and being curteous with guests at all times. Front desk is very polite and friendly as well as housekeeping, everytime i ran into them in the hallway, they always acknowledged me and said hi. Overall i have to say that behind all the great service we had stands a great manager who excels in managing this hotel. i travel often on business and leisure and have stayed many times in hotels where I've never had such great service as here. Thank you Mr. Toni for such a great stay and it is a pleasure to have met you. On another note, I highly recommend staying at this hotel vs the hi express downtown I can assure you that the front deak staff overthere are not so kind plus you'll pay twice as much for a room in which there are no addtl ammenities.

• Stayed May 2013
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West and staff, we would like to thank you for your kind words and kind feedback. We greatly appreciate your continued business and glad that we were able to make your stay a great stay. We thank you again and look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was here for one night. It was clean and I wasn't there long. They have an outdoor pool which is always nice in my opinion. I sat out by the pool for a while. The area isn't the best, but it isn't too bad to stay the night. I would probably stay here again if I went to Nashville because I have a friend that lives only 15 minutes away.

Room Tip: I always stay on the top floor to avoid hearing people above me.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West,we would like to thank you for your feedback. Your opinion matters greatly to us, and we appreciate your review and continued business. We look forward to your next visit, thank you for being a loyal member.
California
Reviewed 27 May 2013

A bad experience was avoided. I booked this HIX on line after reviewing it on the HI website, however I needed something that I could walk to meals etc. After arriving I knew this was not to be the case. The clerks at the front desk, although nice, said I couldn't cancel the reservation and would have to pay at least for 1 night. this was unacceptable and finally the manager, Tony Mullins, came to speak with me and made allowances for my case. Thank you Tony. It should be said that the Hotel seemed to be in fine condition, but this is a location better suited to commuting. The websites and reviews I read did not mention this. I am sure if I had a different situation I would have had no problem staying here. Thanks Tony.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review. We are delighted that although we could not accomodate you, we were able to use a preventive method in order to satisfy you. Thank you for being a loyal member and for making us a great hotel that guests love.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 20 May 2013

3 friends and I stayed at the Holiday Inn, while visiting Nashville and attending an concert at the Bridgestone Arena. Our goal was to be close to downtown Nashville, but not spend a fortune on a room for 2 nights. We booked the hotel through Priceline. (Note, in this instance, Priceline did not charge us for the hotel room immediately. The reservation was sent to Booking.com and the room was put on hold. Upon arrival, we paid using our credit card. This is unusual and caused a bit of confusion among us. The manager, who overheard our confusion, was extremely nice and assured us we would not be overcharged, which we appreciated.) The hotel was easy to find and conveniently located right off of Route I-40. I have not stayed at a Holiday Inn since the 1980's, usually opting for Hampton Inn's, Marriott's and Westin's. However, I was extremely surprised and comforted at how nice this Holiday Inn was. It looked new, the facilities were clean and over all, it was more than I expected. When you walk into the room, you walk through part of the bathroom (sink, mirror and closet) and to the left, is a separate room for the tub and toilet. The room was a little tight for 4 people; basically there was no extra room to spread out or spaces for changing other than the shower/toilet area. However, the room was nicely decorated and clean. The beds were soft, and while they offered firm and soft pillows, they were still a little too bulky for my taste. However, as an unexpected bonus, we did have a small refrigerator and microwave. The rooms were quiet and we never heard neighbors or anyone walking down the halls. In the mornings, the hotel offers a complimentary hot breakfast. Getting into the elevator, you are greeted with the lovely smell of bacon. Again, I was extremely surprised at the breakfast offerings. They offered yogurt, scrambled eggs, assorted cereals, sausage or bacon, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon buns, various breads and spreads, pancakes, milk, coffee, juice, etc. It was way more than I expected and was very good. I even appreciated the fact that the staff kept refilling the breakfast items, even though it was getting close to the time breakfast was over. As noted above, we stayed at this hotel due to it's close proximity to downtown Nashville. It took about 10 minutes driving to get to the Parthenon and about 20 minutes driving to get to the Bridgestone Arena. I would recommend this Holiday Inn when visiting Nashville and you have access to a car. This hotel is also within blocks of Walgreens and CVS, in case you forget an item at home.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your response and kind words. We appreciate your feedback and glad that we were able to be accomodating to you. Guests like you,make it possible for us to continue to be a great hotel that guests love. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, have a great day.
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Hotel is in a location that is close to downtown, right off of the interstate. Clean rooms and great morning breakfast options. Would definitely stay here again! Brittany, front desk clerk, was extremely friendly and helpful

• Stayed April 2013
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your feedback on your stay. We are glad that our staff was able to make your stay a pleasant one and that we were able to be accomdoating to you. Thank you for being a valued guest and come back to visit us soon.