“very friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road
Ranked #70 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 29 August 2013

my daughter moved from East Coast to West Coast and on our trip across country we also ended up here in Nashville where, of course, there is lots to see. The hotel is conveniently located just off the I - 40. I am an avid swimmer so always look for a pool when booking a hotel. This one was an outdoor pool of fairly good size, big enough to swim laps in. Staff was very accommodating and let me use it early in the morning..
Rooms are big enough with 2 comfy queen size beds. Nice feature: sink was detached from the rest of the bathroom. No noise in the room from the otherwise pretty busy road the hotel is located on. Slept very well!
We appreciated the washer and dryer on site as we had been on the road for a few days.
Breakfast pretty much is always the same but having said that it is the same reliably good breakfast.
Even coffee was strong enough for me. Living in Italy, one gets used to drinking strong coffee.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for taking your time to express to us how we were able to accomodate you. We are glad that we met your exspectations and hope that you visit us again soon. Have a great day

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean and updated hotel with friendly staff, only drawback from what I see was the room's HVAC system, it seemed to be unable to remove the humidity from the room.
Easy on/off of I-40 and close to dining areas and many of the attractions

• Stayed: August 2013
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for letting us know how you enjoyed your stay, and we ensure you that we will have that HVAC system inspected. We thank you for your business, please come back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Express Hotels and this is as good or better than many, BUT the rooms small. Couldn't even fit the luggage rack into the closet. However, that being said, we loved the location and the breakfast as usual. We visited Cheekwood Gardens and it was very close.

Room Tip: Try to get a room upgrade.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that despite the room size, you were able to still be accomodated by us. We thank you for being a continuous guest and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I was in Nashville for a bachelorette party. As soon as we stepped foot into this hotel Crissi made us feel at home. She was very charismatic and very friendly. We arrived early and instead of making a big deal out of checking us in early she was more than happy to accommodate us. After coming back from downtown we were greeted by Sedaricus who was smiling ear to ear and looked happy to be there! Honestly, the service we received by the staff will be what brings me back .The hotel was nice, location was decent, about 6 miles from downtown. The rooms were very clean and the pool was smaller but nice because it wasn't overly crowded. House keeping came really early but they were more than happy to come back later. This hotel is five stars in service and quality. I recommend it to everyone!

Also;

If you are in Nashville and need a cab call Max. Seriously, he helped make our trip. His rates are also the best in the area. 901.270.8844

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville- West, we would like to thank you for informing us that you enjoyed our great staff and our amentities. We are also glad that despite the pool size, you enjoyed your swim. Thank you for being a loyal member, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I was in town with my 2 teenage daughters and upon arrival to the area we were approached at the nearby Walgreen's by a homeless man asking for money. Then when we arrived next door to our hotel there were several men loitering outside of the hotel staring at my teen girls as we arrived. Room was clean but the bathroom wreaked of urine. Front desk ladies were both nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank margaret r
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your feedback. We are glad that despite the other circumstances, you were able to have fair stay at our property. We ensure you that we are working to resolve the issues mentioned. Have a great day and please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I am a business traveler and use HI Express almost exclusively because of their consistency. I can always count on getting a decent breakfast, clean room, comfortable bed and linens, and a fitness center with the good aerobic exercise equipment. And, from those vantages, this hotel did not disappoint. However, would it hurt ANYONE on staff to just acknowledge me with a friendly smile or greeting? Not one person in three days was friendly, except the lady working the breakfast on Wed morning, July 3rd. In fact, nobody acted liked they were glad I was there or cared whether I ever came back! The lady who checked me in, the young man who checked me out...none of them! The lady who I thought was working the breakfast on Tues did not even respond to my initiation of a greeting. Perhaps, she doesn't speak English, I thought to myself. Then, I go to tell the young man at the front desk that I'm checking out early and she's behind the front desk....so surely, she does speak English! Wow! I'm from TN originally and I thought we were always known for our hospitality and friendliness....not the staff of this HI Express!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your feedback. We also would like to apologize for any inconveniences during your stay at our property and we ensure you that we are always striving to provide the best guest satisfaction. You are a valued guest and we hope that your next experience is your best experience. Have a great day and thank you again for being a loyal guest.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here for a recent high school trapshooting tournament. This is our second stay at this location, as I would rate the customer service at this location as outstanding. Front the front desk staff to the representatives that booked our block of rooms with the rest of our team, all went well with no check in problems. The hotel is close enough to downtown Nashville to make the drive easy. Not much to do near the hotel, but our stay was for an event close to that area and downtown was close enough. Will stay again next year for the same tournament.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your feedback of our property. As a valued guest, we thank you for your continued business and look forward to your visit next year. Thank you for making us a great hotel that our guests love.