“Very Nice Hotel - Lower Rating due to lack of good Wi-Fi”

Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road
Ranked #70 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business. I was in Nashville and needed a location close to our meeting. This hotel fit the bill. The hotel is very clean, the staff is super friendly, the morning breakfast was hot and exceeded typical hotel breakfasts. The location has extremely easy access to I-40. My only complaint was the Wi-Fi connection. Their connection made it very difficult to stay connected and caused a good amount of frustration. If you are traveling and just need easy access on and off the highway, it is perfect. If you are hoping to get work done in the evening and require internet access I would try another hotel. Hotel was on the high end of the scale for a Holiday Inn Express but in their defense many hotels in Nashville were sold out!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Wes F
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our property. We would like to first say that we are glad that we are able to meet your expectations of the niceness of our hotel and friendliness of our staff and secondly say thank you for enlighting us on the wi-fi issues that you had. We ensure you that we will take your comments into consideration on better ways to serve our future guests. Thank you again and have a great day.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel couple tears ago when it used to be a Baymont hotel which was an ok hotel at that time. It needed a complete uplift and make over which what holiday inn exactly did. It is not very clean with new and comfortable bed. The entrance way has been tastefully decorated. It is very inviting. The morning breakfast area has updated as well with better food choices. Nice job!

• Stayed: September 2013
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West,we would like to thank you for your feedback of our property. We are glad that you enjoyed our new facility and that we were able to provide you with a great experience. We hope to see you soon, thank you for being a loyal guest.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

The price was excellent because we used one of the coupons in the hotel booklet from the welcome center. The breakfast was excellent--wide variety of food and drink (scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, toast, gravy, oj, apple juice, coffee, milk, muffins, etc). Very clean and well kept. Small pool but very nice since not many using it that late in the evening. The mattress was a little lumpy and, since we had a first floor room on the front, the light from the parking lot shined in (the thick curtains didn't keep all the light out). Would recommend anyone needing to stay in this area to stay at this location. Summary: Clean, friendly, good price w/coupon, good area.

Room Tip: If a little light shining in from the parking lot bothers you, you might want to ask for one not fac...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your feedback of our property. We are delighted that we were able to give you great service through our breakfast and service. You are a valued guest and we hope that you visit us again soon. Thank you, and have a great day.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and the hotel was very clean and well kept. decor was very attractive. our room was excellent in every way except the door was a bit beat up. noticed that with all the doors going down the hall. looked forward to the breakfast but it was absolutely awful. the bananas were too ripe. the cinnamon rolls were not fresh and cold. the cereals were stale. the sausage, eggs were not tasty at all and the hard boiled eggs were not fresh. We went away hungry plus they were late getting the breakfast ready so we waited for nothing!!

• Stayed: August 2013
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

On behlaf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your candid review. We are thankful that you liked our decor and cleanliness and apologize about any issues you had with breakfast. We will take your comments into consideration in ways that we can better serve future guests. Have a great day

Reviewed 29 August 2013

my daughter moved from East Coast to West Coast and on our trip across country we also ended up here in Nashville where, of course, there is lots to see. The hotel is conveniently located just off the I - 40. I am an avid swimmer so always look for a pool when booking a hotel. This one was an outdoor pool of fairly good size, big enough to swim laps in. Staff was very accommodating and let me use it early in the morning..
Rooms are big enough with 2 comfy queen size beds. Nice feature: sink was detached from the rest of the bathroom. No noise in the room from the otherwise pretty busy road the hotel is located on. Slept very well!
We appreciated the washer and dryer on site as we had been on the road for a few days.
Breakfast pretty much is always the same but having said that it is the same reliably good breakfast.
Even coffee was strong enough for me. Living in Italy, one gets used to drinking strong coffee.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for taking your time to express to us how we were able to accomodate you. We are glad that we met your exspectations and hope that you visit us again soon. Have a great day

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean and updated hotel with friendly staff, only drawback from what I see was the room's HVAC system, it seemed to be unable to remove the humidity from the room.
Easy on/off of I-40 and close to dining areas and many of the attractions

• Stayed: August 2013
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for letting us know how you enjoyed your stay, and we ensure you that we will have that HVAC system inspected. We thank you for your business, please come back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Express Hotels and this is as good or better than many, BUT the rooms small. Couldn't even fit the luggage rack into the closet. However, that being said, we loved the location and the breakfast as usual. We visited Cheekwood Gardens and it was very close.

Room Tip: Try to get a room upgrade.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that despite the room size, you were able to still be accomodated by us. We thank you for being a continuous guest and look forward to seeing you again soon.