“Nice stay - away from downtown”

Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road
Ranked #69 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Lake Orion, Michigan, United States
“Nice stay - away from downtown”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is a nice and typical Holiday Inn express. A few odd things though. First I called the hotel directly to book a reservation as we were driving and instead of speaking with me directly she bumped me over to the global reservations phone line. I have never had that happen. Also, they put a $10 hold charge on my credit card for incidentals and I have never had that happen either. In fact, I only knew it as I was reviewing my credit card charges for something else and noticed the $10 hold. The upside, they gave me a $2 credit to use I the snack area, I bought a pop as that was the only thing labeled with a price. Overall fine with just a few quirks. Also there are not a lot of restaurants close by so plan ahead

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that we were able to meet your expectations and thank you for informing us of your concerns regarding the incidental fee. If you would like to contact us directly, we would be more than happy to answer any further questions or concerns you may have. Thank you for choosing us, have a great day and see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fort Valley, Georgia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My room was very nice and the staff was friendly, however the whole reservation process was a disaster. Management made several mistakes with our reservation and my family was very disappointed. The mistakes were very costly and embarrassing to the organizer of this trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that our staff was able to deliver great customer service and would also like to apologize about any inconveinces that you experienced at our property. Because our guests are our top priority, we ask that you contact the management team so that we may dicuss any further concerns/questions that you have. We value your opinion and hope that you come to visit us again in the future. Have a great day.
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very clean hotel. Front desk was very helpful. Rooms spacious, clean and meet our needs. I would recommend this hotel to any one traveling to the Nashville area. If I return to Nashville again I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that we were able to accomodate you and that you have chosen to stay with us in the future. Thank you for making us a great hotel that guests love. See you again soon.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We just stayed 2 nights here and had a great experience! The location was perfect for shopping or going downtown. The mall at Green Hills is a short ride away and is fabulous. Also the new Nashville West shopping center is very close! We took cabs downtown and back both nights and the cost was very reasonable at $15! We booked off of priceline and the hotel staff was very friendly and willing to change our room to a King when we called a couple weeks before our trip. We even had a fridge and microwave. The room was a little small but was very nice and clean! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are delighted that our staff and services were able to exceed your expectations. We also thank you for making us a great hotel that our guests love. We look foward to seeing you again, have a great day.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My sister, niece and I stayed for 3 nights in the executive suite with 2 beds + sofabed. It is essentially 2 regular rooms, one with 2 beds and one living room with the sofa bed. Each had a full bath, so we had 2 bathrooms. Plenty of space to spread out, and we met some relatives there with 2 young children, so it was great to have the living room to entertain in; it would have been awkward and very crowded in a regular room. Everything was clean, water volume absurdly high (nice shower, but not a model for water conservation). Others say it was recently renovated; all finishes and furnishings looked nice and new.

Bedding was nice - soft sheets, nice comforter.

Breakfast was fine - typical eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy (very good biscuits), yogurt, bananas, etc. Staff was very friendly.

Definitely recommend it, especially Suite 335, for a family!

Room Tip: Executive suite 335 is great!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that our hotel, staff, and executive suite was able to exceed your expectations. We are always striving to deliver our best service and guests like you make it easy for us to remain a great hotel that guests love. Please come back to visit us soon. Have a great day.
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stay at HI Express hotels often. None measures up to this one -- ever since it began a new life after being a Baymont, it has been wonderful. The best Express Start breakfasts we've had, and the rooms are almost always impeccable. The one exception last week was when the maids didn't leave enough towels and failed to empty waste baskets and leave new ice bucket liner. Beds are very comfortable and well-made. Quiet location, great front desk, and no reason not to re-visit often. (BTW, I have given 5 stars only to some top-of-the-line Westin hotels!)

Room Tip: 2nd floor, #242
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alan H
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are thankful that you are a continuous guest with us, and that we continue to meet your expectations. We also thank you for informing us of the mishap during your most recent experience. We ensure that we will put your comments into consideration in order to better serve future guests. You are a valued member and we look forward to your next stay with us. Have a great day.
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stopped in just overnight on our way to Gatlinburg. We wanted to do some shopping in Nashville. The hotel is nicely updated and very clean. Everyone working there was extremely nice and friendly. Our room was pretty small for two double beds. You enter the room through the bathroom, which was a little odd, but i can see why in terms of keeping it clean. The beds were very comfortable and clean. Our room was right by the elevator and we didn't hear a thing.
Breakfast in the morning was just okay, the usual stuff. Would come back again to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that we were able to accomodate you during your quick stop. We are also glad that we met your expectations through our service. We look forward to seeing you again.Have a great day and thank you for making us a great hotel that guests love.