Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road
Ranked #69 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois
“Pretty nice”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I am a platinum member and tend to stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels exclusively

Pros:
newer looking rooms
comfortable bed
good breakfast spread
friendly staff
fast internet
typical price compared other HI Express hotels
good tv channel selections
typical fitness center with basic cardio equipment

Cons:
Smaller than average TV size
TV didnt work the night I was there, but worked in the morning

I would stay at this hotel again when in the area

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Encore02,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that we were able to accomodate you through our facility and what we have to offer.We are also glad that we were able to resolve the issues that you experienced with your television. We look forward to seeing you again soon, have a great day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Austin, TX
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stay at this hotel everytime we visit Nashville and up to today we've had great experiences. Staff is great and courteous, the gentleman who works the front desk evenings/nights is very pleasant to speak with and helpful. I also like the fact that there is security at night, I ran into their security staff a couple of times and was acknowledged and greeted. The hostess is very friendly and the rooms are as clean as can be. Overall this hotel is great. Kuddos to a great manager who has an excellent staff from houskeeping to front desk.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank d_crystal_
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear _d_crystal,
We would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that throughout your many experiences, we are able to deliver great service each time. We look forward to your continued business and to seeing you again soon. Thank you for making us a great hotel that guests love. See you again soon.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed here because I had surgery at nearby Vanderbilt Medical Center. When I made the reservation, I was not told of any special rates for medical patients, but the front desk lady told me I could get a special rate. By that time, my credit card had already been charged and IHG points used. Anyway, if you are staying here because of a medical trip, be sure to mention that when you book the room. It is a typical hotel and really nothing special. We were able to walk to a nearby restaurant for dinner and missed out on breakfast due to my early surgery. When I tried to fix hot tea, there was no hot water or decaf tea bags in the coffee area. No one went out of their way to make us feel special. It seems like lots of construction workers stay here as there were several of them outside smoking each time we were in and out. All in all, it was a fairly nice place for our purpose.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Walkingteach,
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We thank you for your feedback and we are glad that we were able to accomodate you. We are also glad that you now know that on your next visit to us you can take advantage of the different discounts that we have and we ensure you that we will take all of your comments into consideration so that we may better serve our future guests. Have a great day and see you again in the future.
Austin
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel and it was a great value for the money if you aren't planning on walking outside and seeing anything interesting. I read some reviews here before booking the room, and was concerned about the safety of the area, since several people said that it was a little shady. I disagree. It seemed perfectly safe to me. There just isn't much to look at. It's just a few miles from downtown, and less expensive than the downtown hotels.

The room was clean, fresh and comfortable and we slept great. We missed the breakfast because we decided to sleep in. Wifi worked perfectly.

Avoid the buffet at the Shoney's across the street.

Room Tip: We were in room 301. Perfectly quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad that our staff was able to satisfy your accomodation needs and that we provided you with our best service. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Nashville. Have a great day.
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 December 2013

First this property is advertised is non smoking and anything but as our room was overwhelming with stale cigarette smoke-the bigger issue is security-exterior door adjacent to our room 102 was to be electronically locked at 7pm according to management but did not work thus we listened to traffic entering and leaving this door all night-very disconcerting! When brought to managements attention they said well the door has a mind of its own!!!! What kind of answer is this-its obvious that the mechanism has been altered so it would function as such-they would have been better served to not serve breakfast-no juice was identifiable by taste and all other items were sub par with the exception of the yogurt! I complained to management and also wrote to corporate about the security issue but no answer at this time! that alone is sufficient not to stay there but IS sufficient to federally and via state to close their doors for business until such time that situation is corrected

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property.We would like to also thank you for your points of concern and would like to apologize for any inconveinces that you experienced while at our property and assure you that our security doors are key entry doors only and only guests with a keys have access to those doors. In addition, our guests are our type priority and we value your opinion greatly and we have taken your comments into consideration. Our management team would like to speak with you further to answer any questions or concerns that you have. We look forward to hearing from you soon, have a great day.
Lake Orion, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is a nice and typical Holiday Inn express. A few odd things though. First I called the hotel directly to book a reservation as we were driving and instead of speaking with me directly she bumped me over to the global reservations phone line. I have never had that happen. Also, they put a $10 hold charge on my credit card for incidentals and I have never had that happen either. In fact, I only knew it as I was reviewing my credit card charges for something else and noticed the $10 hold. The upside, they gave me a $2 credit to use I the snack area, I bought a pop as that was the only thing labeled with a price. Overall fine with just a few quirks. Also there are not a lot of restaurants close by so plan ahead

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that we were able to meet your expectations and thank you for informing us of your concerns regarding the incidental fee. If you would like to contact us directly, we would be more than happy to answer any further questions or concerns you may have. Thank you for choosing us, have a great day and see you again in the future.
Fort Valley, Georgia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My room was very nice and the staff was friendly, however the whole reservation process was a disaster. Management made several mistakes with our reservation and my family was very disappointed. The mistakes were very costly and embarrassing to the organizer of this trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that our staff was able to deliver great customer service and would also like to apologize about any inconveinces that you experienced at our property. Because our guests are our top priority, we ask that you contact the management team so that we may dicuss any further concerns/questions that you have. We value your opinion and hope that you come to visit us again in the future. Have a great day.